Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Jun 2015, 06:03 (Ref:3551020)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
COPPA INTEREUROPA, MONZA 19-21 June

Previously the 'COPPA INTEREUROPA HISTORICA', which was an important event until few years ago, then died a death- probably due to a combination of reasons....

Anyway, it's back, with Masters and Lurani FJ present among others meaning many UK racers will be making the trip. Info is on Masters site, find it for yourself as I'm just off!

Wether looking good for the drive down, which is just as important as weather when we get there....

Old 17 Jun 2015, 07:43 (Ref:3551457)   #2
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
36 cars on the FIA Masters historic F1 entry list

Enjoy the weekend
Old 18 Jun 2015, 17:03 (Ref:3551925)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
It's hot, the paddock is busy, but so far so good. Globe trotting Delta has turned up as well!

One of the negatives of previous Monza events I attended was the insistence that all trucks and working vehicles had to be parked well away from the paddock. Reckon it put some folk off returning. This time, maybe with some Masters influence, working vehicles are in the main paddock, where they need to be! Hope that happens for the Peter Auto meeting in July as well......

Old 18 Jun 2015, 20:35 (Ref:3551989)   #4
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
It's hot, the paddock is busy, but so far so good. Globe trotting Delta has turned up as well!

Not only globe trotting but Iain got a name check on Radio Le Mans coverage of the Legends supporting race for the Le Mans 24 hrs so he is officially a radio star across the globe!
Old 19 Jun 2015, 05:30 (Ref:3552063)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
That was nice Dave . Last Minuit owner of the semi lightweight we built rang me just before I set of last Monday to Sweden . He has a replica AM214. Anyway that engine had broke so he asked me if he could use the E Type . Back to Monza and so far it's been a different meeting from years gone by . Not so many cars in the paddock and all the officials have been very pleasant . Only moan is the showers are falling Appart . Mirage crew all showered in the lady's last night . Will report in later with qualifing news . O
Old 19 Jun 2015, 19:59 (Ref:3552248)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Showering in the ladies? What does that tell you.....

Only 'free' (not) practice today, and F1s out in afternoon. Mirage 'lost' an Arrows when (AFAIK) the right rear tyre failed and destroyed the suspension on that corner. It also did the rear wing a power of no good.The wheel and upright then hit a following car, the driver of which also suffered a glancing blow to the head. Fortunately he only seemed to be be suffering a stiff neck when saw him later.

Arrows is on the way to being repaired, team now stopped for BBQ. Fortunately qualifying is middle of tomorrow's schedule so we have time in morning as well.....

Walked the circuit yesterday evening in great weather. Magic place.
Old 20 Jun 2015, 05:43 (Ref:3552340)   #7
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I went up to the old banking last night on the bike . When you look at how steep it is I just thought I would ride along the top "wall of death " no way it's so steep the pedal nearest to the ground hits the floor . For me this meeting seems to of taken a step back with not as many cars in the paddock and a lot more space to move about . Gate Marshall's friendly no monza gorrila around this year . . Race at three later so fingers crossed new carbs sort out miss fire . Will report in later
Old 20 Jun 2015, 14:39 (Ref:3552442)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Full story later but never been so happy to finish 15 th
Old 20 Jun 2015, 15:35 (Ref:3552459)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ok if you look at my misfire problem in % it's 50 % better than yesterday which is round about whT it's been like before . I'm now Begining to think it's me !!!! . When I get back I will go to Pete Baldwin . Had a great race but just think I have to get my head around these engines reving to 9000 rpm . I'm not taking mine over 82000 . Tomorrow going for broke and will change gears . So the positives I was only driver to go quicker in race than qualy and I'm the only one out there that build his own engine .if I get through Frejuce tomorrow I will let you know how tomorrow s race goes . Off for a pizza
Old 21 Jun 2015, 05:00 (Ref:3552609)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats a long way to drive Iain, nothing a bit more local?
Old 21 Jun 2015, 05:07 (Ref:3552610)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Our Saturday was an improvement over the friday practice issues! The broken Arrows was back on its wheels 30 minutes before Q and ran without problem, so everyone, especially driver, chuffed with that. The car is now temporarily sporting a Brabham rear wing as the original was beyond repair! All 4 cars well up the grid, with Ensign P3. First race late this morning, second late afternoon, far from ideal with cars that require so much TLC between each foray.....

Team managed to get out for a meal last night. Monza was heaving, no where to park to get to a restaurant! Finished up at a little local pizza place close to the circuit that Iain and yt cycled to few years ago. Was quicker than driving there!

Old 21 Jun 2015, 06:19 (Ref:3552617)   #12
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Iain/Mike.

Sounds like you are having a much better time than we are sloshing around Silverstone.

Yesterday's weather was horrific. I honestly did not know the sky held that much water!!

Good luck today
Old 21 Jun 2015, 08:31 (Ref:3552644)   #13
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=delta;3552459]Ok. Had a great race but just think I have to get my head around these engines reving to 9000 rpm . I'm not taking mine over 82000 .

Yes best to keep it below 82,000 rpm Iain

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 21 Jun 2015, 16:33 (Ref:3552745)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Going greT guns in second race then drive shaft broke . I expect it's the original so not bad for 50 years . Went quicker and got past the cars I was dicing with yesterday but still a good chunk of the front runners . Been great fun and all customers finished and happy . Well here goes turn the key on the merc and head for home .