Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 16 Feb 2020, 18:29 (Ref:3957839)   #76
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I believe there's at least a spark of interest in this topic.
But not exactly electrifying.
Old 16 Feb 2020, 18:35 (Ref:3957841)   #77
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Bauble, "pole" position of the electric jokes!
No Zipcar user here? Certainly a Golf is better than a Bolloré Blue Car…
Old 16 Feb 2020, 18:37 (Ref:3957842)   #78
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hey I did those jokes ages back but you missed them

TBH if you're anti-electric you'll be able to prove why you're right and go out of your way to stop things working, if you're pro-electric there's plenty of evidence on your side and you'll go forwards with a spring in your step. Whatever anyone says here is only going to entrench your views.

We've had this discussion on Brexit, global warming, electric cars et al ad nauseum and not a single mind has changed.

For my part I'm keen to switch to electric cars and renewables as soon as possible so we are no longer at the beck and call of the most despotic regimes on earth. Russia, the Middle East, America - all have far too much power over our country because they control the means of electric generation and distribution.

So yeah, to my mind it's a win/win.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited by midgetman; 16 Feb 2020 at 18:43.
Old 16 Feb 2020, 19:12 (Ref:3957847)   #79
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Hey I did those jokes ages back but you missed them..........................
For my part I'm keen to switch to electric cars and renewables as soon as possible so we are no longer at the beck and call of the most despotic regimes on earth. Russia, the Middle East, America - all have far too much power over our country because they control the means of electric generation and distribution.

So yeah, to my mind it's a win/win.

Is that more humour?
Old 16 Feb 2020, 20:44 (Ref:3957853)   #80
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

I can only quite the inimitable Bauble strapline.

Old 16 Feb 2020, 21:23 (Ref:3957856)   #81
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't it time to pull the plug on this one? It's boring!
Old 16 Feb 2020, 21:28 (Ref:3957857)   #82
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Isn't it time to pull the plug on this one? It's boring!
Short …………………………………………...
Old 16 Feb 2020, 21:32 (Ref:3957858)   #83
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Slightly different to an advert of theirs that I saw.
But still, through the configurator it comes in at £800+vat without grant.
Still a lot less than £25k.....

Ah, so it's actually double for something that works. As an aside, I think I stopped believing what adverts tell me about 30 years ago.
Old 16 Feb 2020, 22:10 (Ref:3957863)   #84
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

But cobalt is largely mined in some of the most political unstable countries in Africa, by largely Chinese companies, and refined back in China.
Old 16 Feb 2020, 22:18 (Ref:3957864)   #85
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But it is environmentally friendly isn't it?
Old 16 Feb 2020, 22:26 (Ref:3957865)   #86
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
But cobalt is largely mined in some of the most political unstable countries in Africa, by largely Chinese companies, and refined back in China.
I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous answer.

Old 17 Feb 2020, 00:18 (Ref:3957874)   #87
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So, opinions are split between Positive and Negative with a few Neutral.

One notes that the first personal transport motorised road vehicle was, apparently, electric.

https://www.energy.gov/timeline/time...y-electric-car

So was the first Porsche.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/money/...-1889/4941635/

Old 17 Feb 2020, 07:07 (Ref:3957912)   #88
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shocking!
Old 17 Feb 2020, 07:26 (Ref:3957916)   #89
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!

Another revelation coming from unplugged journalists…
Was the first Porsche meant to be raced on short circuits?
Cant be bought with a coil not its official… Go on please Grant, now I'm wired!!!

Last edited by Gerard C; 17 Feb 2020 at 07:32.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 07:51 (Ref:3957919)   #90
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Was the first Porsche meant to be raced on short circuits?
Nah they were banned for being circuit breakers.
Used on a parallel circuit?

(It Hertz to continue)
Old 17 Feb 2020, 07:58 (Ref:3957921)   #91
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's enough now, I'm going OHM.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 08:10 (Ref:3957924)   #92
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Nah they were banned for being circuit breakers.
Used on a parallel circuit?

(It Hertz to continue)
O(HM)MG, this re-fuses to switch off, current thinking is neutral, but there is an incandescent element also a work seeking to shed light on phases of the debate, although I fear this is bot terminal.

I'm sure there is more to come.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 08:33 (Ref:3957929)   #93
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
TBH if you're anti-electric you'll be able to prove why you're right and go out of your way to stop things working, if you're pro-electric there's plenty of evidence on your side and you'll go forwards with a spring in your step. Whatever anyone says here is only going to entrench your views.

We've had this discussion on Brexit, global warming, electric cars et al ad nauseum and not a single mind has changed.
Thanks Max for being the voice of reason..

At least it’s given everyone an opportunity to dig out all the cringeworthy puns....
Old 17 Feb 2020, 08:37 (Ref:3957931)   #94
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I'm sure there is more to come.
Bob, you got me while my resistance was low. I thought I was well insulated being down here. A coffee amped me up but I am an armature compared to others here.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 08:39 (Ref:3957933)   #95
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Greta may actually have the right message but for entirely the wrong reasons.
She's the one that campaigns in support of truancy and a reduction in children's education right?
Old 17 Feb 2020, 08:46 (Ref:3957936)   #96
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Indeed she is.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 09:22 (Ref:3957946)   #97
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Indeed she is.
She is a precocious Brat! End of.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 09:24 (Ref:3957949)   #98
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Bob, you got me while my resistance was low. I thought I was well insulated being down here. A coffee amped me up but I am an armature compared to others here.
I am merely a conduit for your cabable humour.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 09:56 (Ref:3957963)   #99
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Don't say we didn't warn you
Old 17 Feb 2020, 10:00 (Ref:3957968)   #100
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
If you don't get some of these awful puns it's not your volt