Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 14 Sep 2005, 15:10 (Ref:1407772)   #26
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This laughable situation sounds like typical BRSCC. As soon as he was appointed a release should have been issued just to keep the festival in the frame for drivers, and to instil faith that the Festival is in good hands (although I have never heard of this guy).

I think (and it may sound extreme) that the best thing for the BRSCC is that it folds (it may not be far away). Then start afresh with new blood with less messing around like that ****e magazine and the endless money-absorbing clothing they all seem to be covered in (I am sure some "helpers" have BRSCC underwear). Too many loss leaders, meetings and not enough people who will actually DO.

I thought 12 months ago that Gavin Wills and Peter Daly's input would change things, but I think its fair to say that they are still too expensive, still **** around with unimportant things, and STILL don;t pay enough attention to their core incomes like FF1600.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1407775)   #27
JEB
Veteran

JEB has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Diz - See you at the Moose on Saturday.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 15:13 (Ref:1407777)   #28
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just thought I would give you all an update.

I still haven't heard anything from Jeremy Howkins.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 15:14 (Ref:1407779)   #29
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB
Diz - See you at the Moose on Saturday.
Old 22 Sep 2005, 12:58 (Ref:1413933)   #30
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To go back to the original question - yes, you will be very disappointed unless you are there on the Friday...
Old 22 Sep 2005, 13:03 (Ref:1413938)   #31
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Friday??????
Old 22 Sep 2005, 13:05 (Ref:1413942)   #32
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Have a look at the site Chris.
Old 22 Sep 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1413948)   #33
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That seems a well messed up timetable...do the organisers think everybody involved in club racing actually does it professionally.
Is this totally out of the blue? It seems to me as if the BRSCC is deliberatley trying to self destruct
Old 22 Sep 2005, 13:20 (Ref:1413952)   #34
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Says it all really doesn't it Ian.

At least I can have a lie in on Saturday and Sunday. Read the papers. Have a nice walk around Maidestone. Go and get my hair cut. Sit in a pub and watch the Match. Then I can have a leisurely drive to Brands and still watch the Formula Fords.

Absolutely chipshop!

Self destruction really does seem to be on the cards doesn't it.

So glad I'm not racing in it.

Lets start a campaign. Mr Beckett fo take over the BRSCC.......
Old 22 Sep 2005, 13:38 (Ref:1413966)   #35
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Fiestas and Jedis plus the Caterhams should have their own Festival.
Its not worth going to watch.
Old 22 Sep 2005, 13:44 (Ref:1413970)   #36
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy
Says it all really doesn't it Ian.

At least I can have a lie in on Saturday and Sunday. Read the papers. Have a nice walk around Maidestone. Go and get my hair cut. Sit in a pub and watch the Match. Then I can have a leisurely drive to Brands and still watch the Formula Fords.

Absolutely chipshop!

Self destruction really does seem to be on the cards doesn't it.

So glad I'm not racing in it.

Lets start a campaign. Mr Beckett fo take over the BRSCC.......

I Hear there's a job going

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 22 Sep 2005, 13:56 (Ref:1413976)   #37
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoa, last year the qualifying was on on the Friday, so not much difference at all. in fact, more time to repair damage.

more to the point - no last chance races!!

And the Heritage touring cars get the garages, although I much prefer the Brands paddock to the pitlane.
Old 22 Sep 2005, 13:59 (Ref:1413979)   #38
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Let everyone be assured that I have already been in touch with Jeremy Howkins, Steve Burns (who is still the KofK co-ordinator until the end of the season) and Peter Daly for their response to this and point out that it is, to be polite, a somewhat imperfect timetable. I will use the website to try and get this sorted - it isn't why the website exists, but I have the interests of FF1600 at heart and hopefully we will be able to get a revised timetable issued. In the meantime, please email me with any more views.
Old 22 Sep 2005, 14:02 (Ref:1413982)   #39
Ian Sowman
Veteran

I actually don't mind the garage thing - much prefer you all in the paddock, it is a better atmosphere. Yes, it should be a really great feeling in the paddock on Friday 21st!
Old 22 Sep 2005, 14:14 (Ref:1413992)   #40
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brscc your're having a flippen laugh

Whoever came up with this hair brained idea should resign!!

This is supposed to be the formula ford festival the semi's of both 1600 and 1800 should be on the sunday followed by the finals later in the day with the heats on the sat FACT!!!

The supporting cast should be on the friday and sat leaving the headline day the sunday with 1 or 2 support races.

As a spectator i can honestly say the timetable is a total pile of crap!!!!
I cannot afford to go to all three day's and i really think that the brscc having taken no consideration to the extra costs all the drivers would have to bear either!

ALL I CAN SAY IS WELLDONE CASTLE COMBE FOR DROPPING THE BRSCC YOU ARE BETTER OFF OUT OF IT...BRSCC HUH WASTE OF TIME AND SPACE
Old 22 Sep 2005, 14:24 (Ref:1413998)   #41
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really ****ed off with this, i have to travel 148 miles there and back to Brands
which i don't mind when there is something on i enjoy but to look and see that i'll only get to see the finals is a joke,yes perhaps the races may hold the best of each formula but that's not the point i don't go to the circuit on that weekend to see most of the support races I WANT TO WATCH FFORDs that's why it has been called the festival!

Wether i'll bother to go now remains to be seen there's time to change it but i doubt the BRSCC will see sense!!!!!!!!!
Old 22 Sep 2005, 14:25 (Ref:1414000)   #42
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is shocking! You go to the Formula Ford Festival on the main day and see 2 formula ford races!

I have been to every festival since i was 9years old(thats only 5 festivals though ), but I'm seriously considering not bothering with this one.
Old 22 Sep 2005, 14:43 (Ref:1414028)   #43
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
If it wasn't for the crack, I don't think I would bother.

This year could really see the death of the Formula Ford Festival. To me, it sounds like just another race meeting.

First real test here Jeremy?????????
Old 22 Sep 2005, 14:44 (Ref:1414030)   #44
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The "real" festival is in November isn't it ?
Old 22 Sep 2005, 14:52 (Ref:1414040)   #45
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
It's looking that way.......

damn sight nearer to home too.
Old 22 Sep 2005, 14:57 (Ref:1414045)   #46
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think if it was just limited to formula fords, the event wouldnt take place as the individual entry costs would be too high. Due to the circuit hire plus all the other costs involved, there has to be other categories racing. I doubt the BRSCC or any other company would take a punt at the beginning of the year and assume enough ffords would turn up to a sole event to gaurantee the deposit was safe. Remember, they get charged for cancelling an event.

They spread the financial risk by inviting other championships.

Now, if 150 drivers all put their money where their mouths are in January and all paid their entry fee up front, it could probably be run as a sole Fford weekend..... but this realistically will never happen.

Do agree, the timetable could be a bit better organised.
Old 22 Sep 2005, 15:02 (Ref:1414051)   #47
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Nobody is saying it should be FFord only - we know that probably wouldn't be viable. But as the Formula Ford Festival, guess which category should take centre stage? Support categories should play second fiddle and fit around the ideal timings for the FFords.
Old 22 Sep 2005, 15:10 (Ref:1414061)   #48
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
You worry about getting Formula Fords in?

If they made it solely FF and made it more appealing, it would pull in the overseas competitors too.
Old 22 Sep 2005, 16:26 (Ref:1414139)   #49
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It should just be for FF,Cant imagine many people looking forward to watching lets say Fiestas.If it has to be mixed put all the FF on the Saturday and the others on the Sunday.
As Walshy said if it was just FF it would be massive.
Old 22 Sep 2005, 16:26 (Ref:1414140)   #50
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a marshal I say: nice full days of racing.
As a FF1600 nut I say:

BTW Walshy, what foreign FF drivers?