Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 7 Jun 2004, 20:19 (Ref:996611)   #1
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Moto GP Mugello - AMAZING.

I've been car racing all my life and I tell you, these Moto GP events are just the most amazing racing. As good as anything I can remember in 40 years.
The whole Mugello race was totally awesome. My immediate reaction is that many good folk need telling, this is where the action is. Rossi is just totally something else (4th to 1st in one lap against the world's best?). I am EXHAUSTED after watching what he does.
One of the highlights this weekend though was the girl holding the Roman Empora Max's brolly. Just who was she? I have never seen such a beautiful Italian woman!
Old 7 Jun 2004, 20:38 (Ref:996636)   #2
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That took 5 minutes work. Go www.motogp.com and the lot's there. Videos, stories oh and the grid ladies! Yes she's there.
Mama mia!
Old 7 Jun 2004, 21:07 (Ref:996662)   #3
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was one of the best GP's I have seen in the last couple of years, even when you consider the ludicrous new rules when a race is stopped due to rain.

Last edited by Alan Jones; 7 Jun 2004 at 21:08.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 21:39 (Ref:996680)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brilliant race. The first part was an incredibly tense duel between Sete, Rossi and to a certain extent Max. The second part was pure madness and was really a showcase for talent on inferior machines - Xaus, Bayliss and Byrne all shone in the wet/dry conditions. Rossi's win was yet another example of his talents.

The 125s and 250s were just as good. It's almost impossible to bet against Loca on home soil on a 125, although Dovizioso was unlucky. Porto finally delivered in the 250s.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 22:22 (Ref:996730)   #5
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ive been watching Moto gp on and off since 96 and im constantly impressed by the quality of racing, but this year the quality of the grid is just incredible.

If you put the best drivers from f1 past and present in equal machinery you wouldn't even come close to what moto gp has this season.

it's like a fantasy gp grid
Old 7 Jun 2004, 23:07 (Ref:996764)   #6
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The only thing different from this season to last is that Rossi is on a Yamaha and thank god he is otherwise he would be winning races by half a lap. This is the most amazing year so far and will only get better. Who said that Rossi and Yamaha couldn`t win on a long track. My hat goes off though to an awesome ride from Tamada. What a shame his race should come to an end so early. I beleive he had the fastest bike out there, look forward to more strong races from him this year.

And yes gfm the grid girls were awesome especially Max`s.
Old 8 Jun 2004, 13:35 (Ref:997299)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MotoGP really has every ingredient this year. Lots of guys are on equally competitive machinery, most of the best riders in the world are there, the tracks used are generally less hobbled than the F1 ones, and the best rider is a) charismatic, colourful and pleasant, and b) not on the best bike.

I haven't enjoyed a motor race more for ages - probably not since the BTCC at Rockingham last year. I missed the last couple of laps of the first part though, because mum thought to herself "the lazy lump's not doing anything useful" and switched the vacuum cleaner on without asking.
Old 8 Jun 2004, 18:01 (Ref:997584)   #8
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gfm
That took 5 minutes work. Go www.motogp.com and the lot's there. Videos, stories oh and the grid ladies! Yes she's there.
Mama mia!
John

As the Schu story has got more and more boring I have found myself watching Moto GP - I have to say they are far far better than cars, and that pains me. The 125s are some of the most amazing races I have ever seen, they remind me so much of karting, yet these nutters elbow each other aside! And as you say the ladies are spectacular. Rossi going to Yamaha was the best part , just a shame the Ducatis arent always up there. Enjoy the rest of the season, and have a look out for World and British Superbikes too - they are equally as mad!
Old 8 Jun 2004, 19:02 (Ref:997641)   #9
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 125s are THE best racing in the world. Hardly is a race ever decided two laps in!
Old 8 Jun 2004, 19:44 (Ref:997693)   #10
gfm
Veteran

http://motogp.tiscali.com/en/motogp/...800_113689.htm
Here's the link to my favourite chick.
Nice to share thoughts on this great race with you guys.
I have to tell you though I'm still an enormous fan of GP F1 and worse, I think Schumacher is an amazing talent. In fact at Monaco before he got shunted out, he was doing Rossi-type stuff as he was catching the Renaults but not many could see it. It's a privilege to watch these guys and as Baricello is bloody good and Schuey can always find half a second a lap on him, you know there's something special going on last few seasons.
I've been enjoying big bike racing for some time actually as a spectator (we once gave John Reynolds a punt round Silverstone in a Porsche GT1, but he never reciprocated – bugger! Also John Surtees in a McLaren F1 for a day – rich!) but as you learned guys have pointed out, the whole Moto GP thing has particularly come together this season with Rossi non-Honda to give simply outstanding stuff. The formula, riders, manufacturers, promotors have all got it right. Last year was brilliant as well; I actually watch via Eurosport and the commentators there are magnificent too I think which adds to it all. I'm telling all my mates; F1 cars have a lot to learn from Moto GP in particular at the moment.
I feel like going out and getting (back) astride a big Susi and blasting down to Barcelona right now, maybe stopping off at Le Mans on the way! The Spaniards in Spain are going to be special aren't they; but would you ever bet against Rossi?

Last edited by gfm; 8 Jun 2004 at 19:47.
Old 8 Jun 2004, 20:59 (Ref:997772)   #11
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gfm
http://motogp.tiscali.com/en/motogp/...800_113689.htm
Here's the link to my favourite chick.
Butchers dog!

You'd have to be a racing driver to get anywhere there though John... oh!
Old 8 Jun 2004, 21:01 (Ref:997773)   #12
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

She's probably married to Joe Camel tho....
Old 9 Jun 2004, 13:04 (Ref:998414)   #13
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.max-biaggi.com/MaxDB/Foto/2004GP04dom3_G.jpg

peak-a-boo!