Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 22 Jan 2018, 20:53 (Ref:3794396)   #61
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
love the key fobs...car wont lock if the fob is left inside the car so i never lock my keys in anymore (which used to happen to me far more then i care to admit)!
Old 22 Jan 2018, 21:27 (Ref:3794404)   #62
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
love the key fobs...car wont lock if the fob is left inside the car so i never lock my keys in anymore (which used to happen to me far more then i care to admit)!
i er, know someone who managed to leave a car with a fob unlocked, with the lights on and the engine running, in a car park overnight once because it was very ambiguous with the auto start-stop thing and the pressy button.

that person remains convinced it was left switched off and locked...
Old 23 Jan 2018, 02:02 (Ref:3794455)   #63
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
disagree on apple play, itís utter nonsense, but then i play stuff through my stereo with a bluetooth fm fag lighter plug off amazon

agree on the heated steering wheel. the only issue is like some heated seats, the ones iíve used have decided when youíre warm enough and switch off

personally iíd not trust anything without a key that goes in ignition. donít want to go back to the days when my grandad used to use a steering wheel lock, handbrake lock AND a big chain and the local kids would still nick it
I should have stated Android Auto as I've never owned an Apple product much less an iPhone. I love it! I never even touch the screen, I just ask for what I want and a few seconds later, there it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Really? Mine comes in with the remote start under 39 degrees. But, and yes it's a glaring fault, it only turns on the driver seat.
Yes, that changed due to popular opinion. The light comes on but it doesn't start heating until you're sitting.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 02:26 (Ref:3794459)   #64
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Sorry, full size trucks- mineís a 16.5 metre Ďsemií race truck and Max runs a rigid for his karting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
In the UK trucks (lorries) are what we haul large goods around in or on, mine is a 32ton 8 wheeler or to you it's a 71680 pound 12 wheeler, a Ram is something with horns that roams around a field or a small pickup truck
Whoa, I didn't realize y'all were ballers. I don't know anyone that has a semi (I thought you all called them lorries) and I've wanted a W900 since I was 5. How come there's not a thread for that??

Are they used for work and fun? I ask because the hard core racers I see and meet here max out with 1-1.5 ton pickups and gooseneck haulers. The big rigs are usually reserved for the track services companies.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 07:18 (Ref:3794480)   #65
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Whoa, I didn't realize y'all were ballers. I don't know anyone that has a semi (I thought you all called them lorries) and I've wanted a W900 since I was 5. How come there's not a thread for that??

Are they used for work and fun? I ask because the hard core racers I see and meet here max out with 1-1.5 ton pickups and gooseneck haulers. The big rigs are usually reserved for the track services companies.
My lorry is a waste disposal truck (garbage truck to you) Mike's is his race car transporter which is work for him.
A few of my friends have Ram 1500s and a couple have Chevy pickups, I thought my BelAir was big until they park their trucks next to it and it gets dwarfed by them.
My nephew is an owner driver in Canada and has a Peterbuilt, it looks a bit disappointing to me as it's not a proper old skool Pete but more a US market Volvo lookalike
Old 23 Jan 2018, 12:23 (Ref:3794527)   #66
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post

i drive someone elses, does that make me a baller too?

lorries/semis tend to be used only by those with more than one car to transport around, or like you say, by the service companies and teams. anything without a bend in the middle is much more common. but anything over 3.5tonnes can get a little complex to own and run from a paperwork perspective, plus for anyone under the age of 40 usually it needs an extra driving test too. bear in mind our semis aren't strictly as cool as yours too, they've all had their noses chopped off

i work for a service company, and we have everything from 3.5tonne vans up to like, 15 or so artics and trailers that generally max out at about 35tonnes.

bringing this back on topic, i can tell you that as ex-fleet hand-me-downs, none of them have anything at all that could be considered unnecessary, they don't even have a second bunk
Old 23 Jan 2018, 13:17 (Ref:3794539)   #67
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
i drive someone elses, does that make me a baller too
Absolutely! (Whatever it means...)

Quote:
bringing this back on topic, i can tell you that as ex-fleet hand-me-downs, none of them have anything at all that could be considered unnecessary, they don't even have a second bunk
I spent a bit of time convoying with a fairly new (but previous model) Volvo tractor unit last Oct, and it had all the bells and whistles, including a huge drawer fridge, microwave, coffee maker, table, etc. All pretty essential if the driver is having to spend days at a time living in the thing! And Youíre better off without the upper bunk- just gets in the way....
Old 24 Jan 2018, 19:31 (Ref:3794818)   #68
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
same, same. it only takes going to the car and driving 10 minutes before it warms up on a cold day to get numbness and swelling in my fingers from the cold.

fwiw the steering wheel isn't as heated as the seat (source: ford focus), it's more like... a mug of lukewarm tea. and it's not all the way round either.
For those with Raynauds, a friend of milady suffered terribly from this but milady did find out that if you asked the GP they had electrically heated gloves available on prescription....."oh, yes, we've got plenty, the Doctor's assistant said - we've been waiting for someone to ask for them!" Nothing like being pro-active.......