Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Jan 2018, 23:17 (Ref:3797319)   #16
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Bathurst 1000 or 24h?
1000,proper cars.
Old 31 Jan 2018, 23:49 (Ref:3797328)   #17
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Targa Florio (The Race)
Nurburgring (Old Circuit)
Spa (Old Circuit)
Indy 500
Pikes Peak

Bikes

Isle of Man (Modern - Nothing else comes close! Car or Bike)

MotoGP

Last edited by wnut; 1 Feb 2018 at 00:02.
Old 1 Feb 2018, 03:13 (Ref:3797352)   #18
Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In order based on personal attendance:
Bathurst 1000
Le Mans 24 hour
Macau Grand Prix
Old 1 Feb 2018, 06:53 (Ref:3797369)   #19
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bathurst, Indy 500, Le Mans. The rest aren't special. Nurburgring, Sebring, Daytona all the long distance stuff doesn't get televised here so it's hard to be excited about watching a live timing screen update every few minutes.
Old 1 Feb 2018, 07:42 (Ref:3797383)   #20
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Spa 6hrs

(The September Historic one for Pre '66 GTs and Touring Cars. GT40s, Cobras, Jaguar 'E's, Bizzarrinis, Corvettes, Mustangs, Falcons, etc plus all the smaller classes. Last year 114 starters...)

Le Mans 24hrs

Bathurst 1000

Sebring 12hr

Daytona 24hr

The above from experience as a spectator, competitor or watching at home!
Old 1 Feb 2018, 08:10 (Ref:3797386)   #21
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Bathurst, Indy 500, Le Mans. The rest aren't special. Nurburgring, Sebring, Daytona all the long distance stuff doesn't get televised here so it's hard to be excited about watching a live timing screen update every few minutes.
All of those are 100% free online, with no ads, full coverage. If you have the ability to view timing then you can see these races! The problem with Sportscar coverage is nobody knows how good it is!
Old 1 Feb 2018, 10:52 (Ref:3797419)   #22
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Le Mans

Indy 500

Many others tied for third that have all been mentioned already but I'll throw another vote to the Pikes Peak Hill Climb.

I thought I submitted my votes yesterday but I forgot to hit send. Glad the Indy 500 is getting some love.
Old 1 Feb 2018, 12:43 (Ref:3797452)   #23
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
King of the Hammers
Old 1 Feb 2018, 14:29 (Ref:3797470)   #24
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To be honest, a poll like this is just going to push the usual suspects (Indy 500, Monaco, LeMans, etc.) to the top. I would like to see more "grassroots" level events be included. Something that really is more for the pure love of racing and maybe a bit less corporate. I will toss out...

25 Hours of Thunderhill
Any 24 Hour ChumpCar or LeMons Race

Richard

PS: If I have to pick a third... Pikes Peak. But it's not quite as grassroots as my other two.
Old 1 Feb 2018, 14:44 (Ref:3797471)   #25
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
...I would like to see more "grassroots" level events be included. Something that really is more for the pure love of racing and maybe a bit less corporate...
this may be a bit on the nose then but the Chili Bowl Nationals!

Last edited by chillibowl; 1 Feb 2018 at 14:49.
Old 1 Feb 2018, 15:27 (Ref:3797484)   #26
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
this may be a bit on the nose then but the Chili Bowl Nationals!
Chilli Bowl, Knoxville Nats, Springfield Mile AMA Championships, before they closed, modifieds at the NY State Fairgrounds, Snowball Derby, etc. Lots of super neat races that need more coverage out there.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 20:34 (Ref:3798199)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Ok IMHO
Le Mans 24
IOM TT (whole week)
Spa WEC 6 hour
Silverstome GP
Bathhurst
Daytona imsa
BTCC Brands hatch Int circuit

top 7 only
Old 3 Feb 2018, 21:06 (Ref:3798216)   #28
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Le Mans obviously

Bathurst 1000

Spa 24 hours. Sebring.

Bol Dor.

Weston beach race

IOMTT

Ulster GP

NW200

Nurburgring 24H
Old 3 Feb 2018, 21:21 (Ref:3798224)   #29
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!
Indy 500. I've been totally out of breath watching some of those 500s.

LeMans 24 hour isn't far behind. But it's joy is also it's curse in that I dislike being tired watching racing.

Nurburgring 24 -- with its plenitude of machinery and German characters with handlebar moustaches.

Spa and Montreal F1 will be my honourable mentions.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 23:41 (Ref:3798255)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post

Nurburgring 24 -- with its plenitude of machinery and German characters with handlebar moustaches.
for my tire life, my father has had a handlebar mustache and I have always felt they are too few and far between, and very underrated!