Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Dec 2018, 09:18 (Ref:3873122)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
GRAND PRIX DE L'AGE D'OR

Peter Auto annual visit and always very popular. Likely to be very crowded paddock with added grids to include Formula Junior Lurani and Jaguar Challenge.

Best arrive very early....
Old 30 Dec 2018, 10:23 (Ref:3873132)   #2
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might have to go on a little roadtrip for this one.Hopefully grids will be a little bigger wih no LMC.They were big anyway!
Old 18 Apr 2019, 07:24 (Ref:3898345)   #3
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mike, it will be interesting to see you at Dijon with your helmet on. Will the shiny be a competitor as any other, a client, a friend, a bloke? You already said its the most developed of the three but c'on, once on the track you'll do your best! Shiny or not, red or green, beat them all!
Old 18 Apr 2019, 15:21 (Ref:3898421)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Of course Gerard, always! Back in 2013 at Portimao I managed to lap the shiny car with the red one (on the way to P2, best modern result for an SLR)- but in those days the former was not as healthy as it is now.... Both are racing together at Donington in 3 weeks on Dunlop’s, then at Dijon on Avon’s, so the excuses for both teams are ready!

The meeting (and paddock) will be hectic, as there are also races for FJ and Jag Challenge along with PA’s usual.....
Old 18 Apr 2019, 16:17 (Ref:3898429)   #5
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mike I'm not disappointed at all you are a competitor. I wonder how the 26R team can prepare an appropriated response to the massive SLR attack! Go flat out et que le meilleur gagne. Just hope this one will be English… My vote is already done.
Old 10 May 2019, 16:18 (Ref:3903021)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Provisional entry lists just emailed to competitors, even though we’ve got Spa to come yet! 60s Endurance has 60 cars entered (max circuit allowance), with 18 reserves. If all those turn up, qualifying will be pretty chaotic....
Old 10 May 2019, 16:37 (Ref:3903022)   #7
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GPAO2019_60s_Liste_engagés_4.pdf
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 10 May 2019, 17:05 (Ref:3903028)   #8
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I dont believe they will accept so many cars even for FP. Good luck to the Spitfire driver!
Old 28 May 2019, 18:19 (Ref:3906565)   #9
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wondering if there is any event entry list available?

Unusual to not have it on the PA website with less than 2 weeks to go.
Old 28 May 2019, 18:49 (Ref:3906570)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I’ve only seen the 60s list as on post #10.
Old 29 May 2019, 14:51 (Ref:3906754)   #11
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Entry lists on line…
Old 29 May 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3906760)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yep, info starting to emerge....... As expected, paddock very short of room!
Old 29 May 2019, 18:17 (Ref:3906796)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Just noticed the name of the second driver in the Opel Commodore, Gerard!
Old 7 Jun 2019, 21:36 (Ref:3908550)   #14
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Will in the 356 is a proper driver and enjoys screwing 911’s
The miserable one in Elva seemed to be quick
Pity he came back into pits on what would have been his quickest lap.
Suppose 7th overall was enough.
Old 8 Jun 2019, 03:26 (Ref:3908568)   #15
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
The miserable one in Elva seemed to be quick
Pity he came back into pits on what would have been his quickest lap.....
Apparently they had a cunning plan.....?!!
Mag 7's #60
Old 8 Jun 2019, 05:43 (Ref:3908584)   #16
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
They had a plan?.
That’s something very new!!
Old 8 Jun 2019, 06:07 (Ref:3908586)   #17
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
They had a plan?.
That’s something very new!!
As plans go I don’t think it was the most cunning....!!

Last edited by 356sc; 8 Jun 2019 at 06:15.
Mag 7's #60
Old 8 Jun 2019, 06:30 (Ref:3908588)   #18
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Beware, I'm watching you looking for me!
Sadly it will be another no show some people being hard to understand. Me included!
Old 8 Jun 2019, 06:47 (Ref:3908589)   #19
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Sadly it will be another no show some people being hard to understand. Me included!
So the car did not pass it’s MOT?!!

Great shame you are not here.
Mag 7's #60
Old 8 Jun 2019, 07:33 (Ref:3908595)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
So the car did not pass it’s MOT?!!

Great shame you are not here.
Absolutely! Spoiled the whole weeekend There was a tenthers group photo planned.....

Going back to 60s qualifying, seems there was a minute window when track was not completely wet or waterlogged, but (team excuse) we were swapping drivers at that moment!
Old 8 Jun 2019, 07:54 (Ref:3908596)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Hmmm does he really exist . Great shame I have a nice present for you for all your help . May be Croix then
Old 8 Jun 2019, 19:01 (Ref:3908664)   #22
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
And how was scrutineering if I may ask?
Old 8 Jun 2019, 19:19 (Ref:3908666)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
356s and MGBs ignition checked......
Old 8 Jun 2019, 20:27 (Ref:3908674)   #24
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Good day for Elva
Grumpy got it up to fourth annoying the Cobras and then the super fit Yorkshire man bought it home to win class by a lap and eleventh overall.

The next outing is the fleet of Talbots and Alta in Pre War at Silverstone with the 356 and Elite in TT at Silverstone

Elva put away until Monza or Spa 6 hours.

Next year Le Mans Classic .
Old 9 Jun 2019, 04:48 (Ref:3908711)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Good day for Elva
Grumpy got it up to fourth annoying the Cobras and then the super fit Yorkshire man bought it home to win class by a lap and eleventh overall.
Can’t tell you how good it was to see Michael get out of the car in parc ferme with a huge grin on his face, John! Great result for the car and the team.