Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Feb 2014, 19:23 (Ref:3372879)   #476
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You have only been to LM when you can say you have been to the 10/10 meeting. It is a must do, whatever your wife will think of us. And to be honest, she will think we are a little nuts and weird looking extremely nice boys and indeed also girls.
Old 27 Feb 2014, 19:32 (Ref:3372887)   #477
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The official invite/instructions for the meet this year will b e posted later, but it is usually in the village at 12.00 on saturday morning and if you look at either ayse's le mans web site stories for the last 10 or so years or even the 2013 meeting thread you will see pictures of the ever growing numbers that turn up each year and see that everyone even the ladies are smiling
Old 27 Feb 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3372888)   #478
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Talk about peer pressure here!
Old 27 Feb 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3372895)   #479
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They aren't a bad lot! I am certain they will welcome your wife, they have even welcomed the worst, yet my Dad always gets invited

I'm really not sure if I will make it this year guys
Old 27 Feb 2014, 20:07 (Ref:3372902)   #480
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Geez!

So when and where is this meeting anyway???

Publicly shame me into coming.
It is a real very friendly moment
Old 27 Feb 2014, 20:08 (Ref:3372903)   #481
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
They aren't a bad lot! I am certain they will welcome your wife, they have even welcomed the worst, yet my Dad always gets invited

Even if i purchase your train fare? Daughters are so fickle how will i cope
Old 27 Feb 2014, 20:11 (Ref:3372904)   #482
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
No such thing!
Either you make it - or you make it!
Old 27 Feb 2014, 21:36 (Ref:3372927)   #483
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
You guys are all so great. Unless there is an unforeseen circumstance I will plan to be at the meet up and will have my lovely wife in tow.

I have found that sports car endurance racing fans are an interesting, friendly group of people. I became hugely enamored with the ALMS, and managed to make it to almost every circuit on the calendar. On many occasions I met up with strangers who I only knew from the internet from our shared love of racing. Of the dozens of people I have met there are only a couple that were less than awesome. What's also fun is seeing that different circuits have different types of people who show up, a different vibe, a different menu of food and beverage, and a different view of the racing, each one is unique.

So...looking forward to seeing you all in the vendor area on the 14th of June!

Now to think of what to bring...
Old 27 Feb 2014, 21:54 (Ref:3372932)   #484
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
No such thing!
Either you make it - or you make it!
I like your thinking!
Old 27 Feb 2014, 22:34 (Ref:3372944)   #485
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
You guys are all so great. Unless there is an unforeseen circumstance I will plan to be at the meet up and will have my lovely wife in tow.

I have found that sports car endurance racing fans are an interesting, friendly group of people. I became hugely enamored with the ALMS, and managed to make it to almost every circuit on the calendar. On many occasions I met up with strangers who I only knew from the internet from our shared love of racing. Of the dozens of people I have met there are only a couple that were less than awesome. What's also fun is seeing that different circuits have different types of people who show up, a different vibe, a different menu of food and beverage, and a different view of the racing, each one is unique.

So...looking forward to seeing you all in the vendor area on the 14th of June!

Now to think of what to bring...

Excellent - that's the spirit! (and there will probably be plenty of that too! ).

And Helen - you know you have to be there.......

Oh, and by the way, I leave for France in 100 days......
Old 27 Feb 2014, 22:37 (Ref:3372945)   #486
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Excellent - that's the spirit! (and there will probably be plenty of that too! ).

And Helen - you know you have to be there.......

Oh, and by the way, I leave for France in 100 days......
I will try, just got alot on my plate
Old 28 Feb 2014, 07:27 (Ref:3373038)   #487
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yep this year,s plans are still looking incomplete, we have yet to book the tunnel, we currently have one ancient LDV pilot van going down early tuesday with at present 3 people, then later tuesday two cars and 3 more, others arriving thursday and perhaps two more on Friday by train. I think we still have room on the tuesday run down if anyone fancies a lift, back Sunday/monday
Old 28 Feb 2014, 14:07 (Ref:3373186)   #488
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know that the plans are incomplete, but just being curious...how do I recognise the 10tenths group? Have you got a tent and a sign board or what?
Old 28 Feb 2014, 14:29 (Ref:3373192)   #489
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
A few years ago we used to have a A4 sized picture of a pin which was pinned to the tree under which we meet, unfortunately the ACO chopped the tree down.
Closer to the time details of the meet will be posted, and the photo's of previous years will help.
Also there will hopefully be things organised on friday so you may well meet some of us then.
Old 28 Feb 2014, 15:38 (Ref:3373217)   #490
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
You have only been to LM when you can say you have been to the 10/10 meeting. It is a must do, whatever your wife will think of us. And to be honest, she will think we are a little nuts and weird looking extremely nice boys and indeed also girls.
Hold it hold it hold it! I represent that remark!

There are some of us who want to go to the meeting, but are kind of, well, occupied. There's no way we can make it there and back to the poste in time for the start! Never mind that we'd better not be imbibing...
keke
Old 28 Feb 2014, 15:52 (Ref:3373227)   #491
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Could you not get a poste closer to the meet? or do you not get a choice of where they place you
Old 28 Feb 2014, 16:32 (Ref:3373245)   #492
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I've occasionally floated the idea that we do a Google hangout or similar from the meet, allowing those in more far flung locations, be they around the track or around the world, to get a little bit of a flavour of the event.

With roaming charges now considerably less onerous doing this for at least a little bit of the meet shouldn't be insurmountable.
Old 28 Feb 2014, 16:34 (Ref:3373248)   #493
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Internet coverage is supposed to be very bad at the circuit, because of thousands of people using their phone at the same moment so that won't work too well.
Old 28 Feb 2014, 17:14 (Ref:3373264)   #494
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I will try, just got alot on my plate
There you go - thinking of the Tenths meeting already!
Old 28 Feb 2014, 17:18 (Ref:3373267)   #495
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
A few years ago we used to have a A4 sized picture of a pin which was pinned to the tree under which we meet, unfortunately the ACO chopped the tree down.
Closer to the time details of the meet will be posted, and the photo's of previous years will help.
Also there will hopefully be things organised on friday so you may well meet some of us then.
We'll put up some photos of the best looking members who will be there.

Oh, hang on, that's all of us!
Old 28 Feb 2014, 19:13 (Ref:3373304)   #496
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Quote:
There you go - thinking of the Tenths meeting already!
Very good! Now if you could organise a glass to go with that plate I would have no choice but to turn up!
Old 28 Feb 2014, 21:26 (Ref:3373348)   #497
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That sounds perfectly do-able Helen.......
Old 28 Feb 2014, 22:02 (Ref:3373362)   #498
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Quote:
That sounds perfectly do-able Helen.......
Hmmm maybe I should start demanding more expensive things!
Old 1 Mar 2014, 12:21 (Ref:3373598)   #499
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Tunnel is now booked, out on Tuesday morning back sunday evening, started to get things sorted at last, plenty of room in car if anyone wants a lift down
Old 1 Mar 2014, 13:33 (Ref:3373615)   #500
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Can someone set up a who is where, sheet like last year hopefully most people are now sorted, it would be good to see where everyone will be this year