Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Feb 2014, 16:40 (Ref:3367951)   #1
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Thoughts on new logo????

I prefer the old logo much and much more than the new one. I think the new is rather bland and indistinguishable?

OLD:

NEW:
Old 13 Feb 2014, 16:41 (Ref:3367952)   #2
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Meh, I am never keen to change. As iconic as the old logo certainly was, change is inevitable and I understand the decision making behind management to "refine" the logo.

It stings a little bit, but I am sure I will get used to it sooner or later.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 16:51 (Ref:3367957)   #3
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It could have been A LOT worse.
The old logo is almost as old as I am, therefor seeing the change is very strange! (I believe RLM said it was 22 years old, and I'm 23)
Old 13 Feb 2014, 17:04 (Ref:3367964)   #4
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm going to say there's some FIA influence....looks like a version of the F1 logo.

Old 13 Feb 2014, 17:05 (Ref:3367965)   #5
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
I like it, looks sleek & modern. The old ones does have a bit of an 80s feel to it.

I wonder if the outside wall of the Esses is now going to be repainted with the new logo
Old 13 Feb 2014, 17:09 (Ref:3367969)   #6
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I like it, looks sleek & modern. The old ones does have a bit of an 80s feel to it.

I wonder if the outside wall of the Esses is now going to be repainted with the new logo
Well, imagine that the Dunlop logo is changed too...
Old 13 Feb 2014, 18:22 (Ref:3368005)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Different but not to bad, but yes i do prefer the old one
Old 13 Feb 2014, 18:22 (Ref:3368006)   #8
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Good job with it I think, a logo for a modern social media age (fits nicely in a small square).
Old 13 Feb 2014, 18:25 (Ref:3368010)   #9
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I love it! Love the negative space to make the 4
Old 13 Feb 2014, 18:51 (Ref:3368023)   #10
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
I love it too, particularly the subtle evocation of the Dunlop Bridge.
Oh, and to me it looks nothing like the FIA logo.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 19:05 (Ref:3368028)   #11
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I'm sold! I too usually avoid change at all cost, but this time I'm pleasantly surprised.

Looking forward to getting a shirt and hat with the new logo!
Old 13 Feb 2014, 19:13 (Ref:3368031)   #12
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A refresh was overdue but they should have included a flash of red. The old logo had the colours of the French flag.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 19:28 (Ref:3368044)   #13
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I like the new logo, very modern but it will be a classic in a few years time
Old 13 Feb 2014, 19:31 (Ref:3368045)   #14
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
As a non-French speaker can someone please explain why it used to say Du Mans and now it says Le Mans???
Old 13 Feb 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3368046)   #15
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The 4 is very hard to read. If it was red...
Old 13 Feb 2014, 19:36 (Ref:3368051)   #16
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The 4 is very hard to read. If it was red...
Can't see anything?
Old 13 Feb 2014, 19:37 (Ref:3368052)   #17
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Yeah, jsut saw that. The "download" button does work.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 19:52 (Ref:3368064)   #18
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm out of opinions again...whatever disagree!
But on the photo NaBUru38 showed us looks cool.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 20:18 (Ref:3368075)   #19
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Looks much better indeed!
Old 13 Feb 2014, 20:45 (Ref:3368089)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
As a non-French speaker can someone please explain why it used to say Du Mans and now it says Le Mans???
For branding reasons? Surely du is better. Le Mans is the known brand so it makes sense to have that - as the website has been for ages.
Happy to be corrected.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 21:01 (Ref:3368100)   #21
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
24 Hours of Le Mans in French = 24 Heures de Le Mans

but the words 'de' and 'le' combine to form 'du', so you get "24 Heures du Mans".

Although '24h du Mans' is the better French, in an international (non-french) world, '24h Le Mans' makes more sense indeed.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 21:08 (Ref:3368105)   #22
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does this mean we will have to change the name of the Sub-Forum?
Old 13 Feb 2014, 21:09 (Ref:3368108)   #23
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having the 4 in red just looks silly imo. The new logo has been created with the negative space '4' in mind and with it coloured in it ruins the whole vibe the logo has.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 21:11 (Ref:3368110)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Does this mean we will have to change the name of the Sub-Forum?
maybe!
Old 13 Feb 2014, 21:44 (Ref:3368130)   #25
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post
Having the 4 in red just looks silly imo. The new logo has been created with the negative space '4' in mind and with it coloured in it ruins the whole vibe the logo has.
Agreed. I like it how it is.