Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Which campsite will you be staying at for Le Mans this year?
Tertre Rouge 10 20.00%
Hunaudieres 0 0%
Expo 1 2.00%
Houx 9 18.00%
Houx Annexe 3 6.00%
Bleu Nord 2 4.00%
Bleu Sud 1 2.00%
Maison Blanche 7 14.00%
Karting 0 0%
Porsche Curves (Travel Destinations) 1 2.00%
Beausejour 1 2.00%
Dairon 0 0%
Pincenardiere 0 0%
I'm a local 2 4.00%
I'm a namby-pamby (hotel for me) 3 6.00%
Other Unnamed Campsite 7 14.00%
Marshals Campsite 3 6.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Mar 2014, 09:44 (Ref:3381404)   #76
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Absolutely!

My wife and family have a well-practised glazed look that comes across their faces whenever I start talking about France in June

Boy oh boy, can I recognise this!
Old 21 Mar 2014, 01:51 (Ref:3382518)   #77
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
You're right. I'm not coming
to a site where my tent guy ropes will be run over in the night
to a site where it's acceptable to play music as loud as possible at 3am on Saturday morning
to a site where the aim seems to be in seeing who can drink the most
to a site where there's no hot water (Arnage from 1985 to 2002 - don't know what it's like now)
to a site where there are loos only from Saturday morning to Sunday evening (ditto)
to a site where frequently indifferent food is served at exorbitant prices.

Instead

I'll eat three-course dinners. seated on a chair at a table with a tablecloth.
I'll retire at night after a stroll into town for a nightcap at the hotel
I'll sleep in peace and quiet and wake to the deafening(!) sounds of the birds
I'll be the only person in the showers at 6.30am

Not only that, but it costs me a tiny fraction of what it costs those of you who stay on the ACO's designated sites.
You forgot to mention the sound of the church bells, along with that lovely early morning bird song.....but then it wouldn't be the same without it would it !
See you there again this year
Old 21 Mar 2014, 07:05 (Ref:3382544)   #78
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
You forgot to mention the sound of the church bells, along with that lovely early morning bird song.....but then it wouldn't be the same without it would it !
See you there again this year
Indeed!

Already assembling the mob - it looks like we'll be around 25 this year, with an increasing number extending the stay for a little additional holiday either before or after the race.
Old 21 Mar 2014, 07:10 (Ref:3382547)   #79
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well on our camp site i am more than happy and prefer to be close to the action rather than spend time and money traveling in and out of the circuit each to their own but camping is now much more comfortable than it once was and if you choose the correct place then you get all of the advantages but none of the problems
Old 21 Mar 2014, 09:47 (Ref:3382578)   #80
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well on our camp site i am more than happy and prefer to be close to the action rather than spend time and money traveling in and out of the circuit each to their own but camping is now much more comfortable than it once was and if you choose the correct place then you get all of the advantages but none of the problems

Although you did mention in another post earlier (Who is attending, post #525) this week that not all the facilities would be up and running at the circuit campsite(s) early in the week....

Guess what? They are at ours!
Old 21 Mar 2014, 10:38 (Ref:3382589)   #81
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
There are advantages and disadvantages to camping on site, i have tried both but prefer to be where i feel part of the action and to have a base at the circuit where i can retreat to if i feel like it
Old 21 Mar 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3382725)   #82
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Let's face it, it's a personal thing and once you've found a way of doing it that you like, you'll defend it to the hilt. I'm a namby-pamby and as I've said before I am perfectly comfortable (in fact, quite literally very comfortable ) with that. It suits me fine. But each to his own. I just reserve the right to rib Simon about anything and everything that he likes or dislikes - it's all part of the fun of the forum and all intended in jest.......
Old 21 Mar 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3382739)   #83
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Happy to be ribbed and happy to share experiences and more that happy for anyone to visit us on TR for a drink or food at anytime
Old 24 Mar 2014, 15:44 (Ref:3383652)   #84
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm a namby-pamby and as I've said before I am perfectly comfortable (in fact, quite literally very comfortable ) with that. It suits me fine..

Methinks he doth protest too much
Old 24 Mar 2014, 16:03 (Ref:3383658)   #85
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Methinks he doth protest too much
there is a story going around that he was banned for life from the camp sites because his snoring was drowning out the disco music at 3.00am in the morning
Old 24 Mar 2014, 17:35 (Ref:3383689)   #86
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
there is a story going around that he was banned for life from the camp sites because his snoring was drowning out the disco music at 3.00am in the morning
Not sure which is preferable...
Old 24 Mar 2014, 18:37 (Ref:3383709)   #87
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
The ACO said they would hush that one up for me!
Old 24 Mar 2014, 18:40 (Ref:3383712)   #88
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I heard they had asked you to hush, but you refused so they banned you from their campsites
Old 24 Mar 2014, 19:06 (Ref:3383720)   #89
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The story goes that Mazda were unhappy no one could hear the 787B during the night back in '91.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 19:23 (Ref:3383725)   #90
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Old 24 Mar 2014, 19:45 (Ref:3383731)   #91
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Does you waving the white flag mean it is all true

And i thought we had made it all up, lucky guess
Old 24 Mar 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3383750)   #92
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, it means I give up.......
Old 24 Mar 2014, 21:31 (Ref:3383788)   #93
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
The story goes that Mazda were unhappy no one could hear the 787B during the night back in '91.

When I was still smoking about 60 to 80 fags a day, I snored like nothing else, and my so-called 'mates' forced me to stay up for an extra 30 minutes while camping so they could get a head start falling asleep, because when I put my head down, I'll be in Morpheus' arms in 30 seconds and they would be in pure agony! But outperforming a 787B? That's quite impressive!
Old 24 Mar 2014, 22:19 (Ref:3383820)   #94
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think that we are all guilty of snoring at times, mine is when i am asleep, but only after i have had a few drinks
Old 24 Mar 2014, 22:38 (Ref:3383838)   #95
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
When I was a Tourist, there was another member of our party, sadly who very recently died after a long struggle against cancer. He was a multiple British, European and World Champion snorer over whom the other members of the party would come close to blows to avoid having to share a room with him. Bearing in mind my inherent ability to sleep anywhere at any time (which throughout my life I have considered a great blessing ), I was often directed to be 'billeted' with him as I could give close to what I got, and we would set about a contest guaranteed to wake the entire local population......
Old 25 Mar 2014, 07:13 (Ref:3383940)   #96
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
ear plugs are essential camping equipment for all they block out the sound of parties,cars and snoring
Old 26 Mar 2014, 16:47 (Ref:3384702)   #97
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Tertre Rouge virgin here...
I have no doubt I will get plenty of helpful advice from the other tenths folks on there?
Or should that be abuse?
Old 26 Mar 2014, 16:50 (Ref:3384704)   #98
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
We will welcome you in the traditional way, warm beer and incinerated BBQ food.
When will you be arriving Tim
Old 26 Mar 2014, 17:13 (Ref:3384713)   #99
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Expecting lunchtime Wednesday... Or should that be hoping?
Aiming to chunnel across Tuesday night, then trundle to an overnight in the camper somewhere French...

BTW, you discussers of Nocturnal Noises? You DO know there is a sport based on it?

It's called Snorienteering...
Old 26 Mar 2014, 19:33 (Ref:3384774)   #100
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Oh yes that puts TR back in pole position, but there are still quite a few people who have not voted, was over 50 last year and still only 37 so far