Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Nov 2015, 03:00 (Ref:3593379)   #476
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On a more positive and constructive note, the last round of the Qld Motor Racing Championship was a celebration of the Women of Australian Motor Sport.

The Assistant Clerk of Course, Chief Flag Marshall, Chief Fire Marshall, Chief Scrutineer, Chief Paddock Marshall, Chief Medical Officer, Course Car Driver, Safety Car Driver, both timekeepers and all of the Stewards were women.

The meeting was very successful and I for one was not at all surprised by that outcome. In fact, I expected it.
Old 26 Nov 2015, 04:03 (Ref:3593382)   #477
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You don't have to win to be successful.
Old 26 Nov 2015, 16:35 (Ref:3593481)   #478
seniormax
Rookie

seniormax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a female who has won a national championship outright. That person is Abbie Eaton and she won the 2014 UK MX5 Supercup one make championship against male opposition numbering about 25 guys. She takes the view that first and foremost she's a racing driver, then a female, some females tend to take the opposite view. For a female racer to standout, let alone win, they have had to be very determined to succeed, due to that thing called the male ego, so their racing apprenticeship has been harder from the get go. Abbie progressed into GT racing in 2015 driving a BMW M3 GTR, so jumping from 160bhp to 550bhp, winning her class on occation and setting fastest laps during the season. The aim for 2016 is to progress into the British GT championship and use it as a shop window to show what she is capable of achieving given the chance. As per some of her male counter parts, talent sometimes is not enough on it's own, if the monetary backing is not available, but if the passion is there, you keep chasing the dream.
Old 26 Nov 2015, 16:56 (Ref:3593485)   #479
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Jamie Chadwick won the GT4 class in British GT - does that count?
Old 26 Nov 2015, 16:58 (Ref:3593486)   #480
seniormax
Rookie

Forgot to mention, V8 Supercars are proper touring car racing and Abbie Eaton will get the opportunity to sample driving a replica Marlboro Holden Commodore Group C circa 1983/84, which we will be racing in historic events in the Uk and Europe in 2016.
Old 26 Nov 2015, 17:03 (Ref:3593487)   #481
seniormax
Rookie

Of course it counts, Abbie would jump at the opportunity to race Jamie in equal equipment, bring it on. Who knows what the future holds ???
Old 27 Nov 2015, 06:56 (Ref:3593597)   #482
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Jamie Chadwick won the GT4 class in British GT - does that count?

I would say so. She also got a test with the Aston Martin young drivers programme at Bahrain in a GTLM Vantage with the winner getting a works contract for next year. Apparently she did quite well. Good on her.
Old 27 Nov 2015, 07:02 (Ref:3593599)   #483
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Im not sure that it counts. (but i dont set the rules ) secondary level cars behind the main GT3 cars, If she had have won GT3 then i reckon it would count
Old 27 Nov 2015, 10:16 (Ref:3593626)   #484
seniormax
Rookie

Here's an interesting puzzle that I have not been able to find the answers...

Can anybody name any females other than Abbie Eaton who have won a ciruit racing championship outright in the last 20 years with mixed grids of 15 plus drivers....not female only..... not class winners.... not as a co driver. That can be a national championship or an International championship ( sometimes the national championships are harder fought, with no quarter asked or given )

1......Abbie Eaton 2014 UK MX5 Supercup champion.

2..... ?

3..... ?
Old 27 Nov 2015, 10:17 (Ref:3593628)   #485
m00neelee
Rookie

m00neelee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And as summer approaches Dasher's misogyny rears its ugly head again.

The goal post have again moved to another location on the field, although why Dasher is playing lacrosse on a netball court is beyond comprehension.

The new Criteria:
Major,single seat, Circuit racing Championship.

Previous criteria:
Major Championship on a flat track bitumen or oval in a car like F1, F2, F3, Indy Car, Nascar, V8 Super Cars, DTM, British TC, Le Mans, Sports Cars etc.etc..

So F2, Indy Car, Nascar, V8 Super Cars, DTM, British TC, Le Mans, Sports Cars have now been dropped from the relevant criteria.

As well as country based championships so four of the five F3 championships are invalid.

So what Dasher is asking is "Why did a female not win F1 or the FIA European F3 championship this year?
Old 27 Nov 2015, 10:59 (Ref:3593638)   #486
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Nicely put.
Old 27 Nov 2015, 11:35 (Ref:3593645)   #487
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Really if not for a couple of points Leanne Tander would have won the F3 championship (she came second 2 years running, by a total over the 2 years of only 6 points), not to mention she placed 3rd in the Formula Ford in 2000, beating home Will Davison & Will Power.
Old 27 Nov 2015, 12:32 (Ref:3593652)   #488
Umai Naa
Veteran

Mrs Ferrier nee Tander did quite well in the '01 DVS (Konica) series, running 5th overall with numerous top 5 and podium finishes. Not bad for her first year in tin tops.
Old 27 Nov 2015, 12:45 (Ref:3593656)   #489
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Mrs Ferrier nee Tander did quite well in the '01 DVS (Konica) series, running 5th overall with numerous top 5 and podium finishes. Not bad for her first year in tin tops.
Also was not disgraced in TCM either, I absolutely believe she was the real deal. No token female sponsorships or anything, race car driver who is actually good - not just good "for a female"
Old 27 Nov 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3593711)   #490
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seniormax View Post
Here's an interesting puzzle that I have not been able to find the answers...

Can anybody name any females other than Abbie Eaton who have won a circuit racing championship outright in the last 20 years with mixed grids of 15 plus drivers....not female only..... not class winners.... not as a co driver. That can be a national championship or an International championship ( sometimes the national championships are harder fought, with no quarter asked or given )

1......Abbie Eaton 2014 UK MX5 Supercup champion.

2..... ?

3..... ?
Alice Powell, won British Formula Renault several years back.
Not sure how many other drivers took part, I don't usually bother with anything lower than F3 on the single-seater ladder to be honest.

Sarah Moore also, won the Ginetta Junior series on the BTCC bill in... 2011?

Not sure if Formula Renault or Ginetta Junior count towards your puzzle though?
I'd say they do, if the Mazda MX5 Supercup counts.
Old 27 Nov 2015, 18:58 (Ref:3593725)   #491
seniormax
Rookie

They all count, because it's a very small number of females who want to try their hand at racing the guys on equal terms, so the ones who win, I would suggest are more determined, because they have had to fight and race harder to make their mark against the guys..... Talent alone in racing has never been a guarantee of progression up the racing ladder, without the nessarcey funding as well.....I am sure when one of the girls achieve a level of results that can't be ignored any longer, a team/manufacturer will employ them, because the marketing and promotional positives would be huge... It will happen sometime in the future, it's just a matter of when and who.
Old 27 Nov 2015, 20:12 (Ref:3593742)   #492
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
Sheer numbers is the key as mentioned before. Besides, there's plenty of male racers who will never win a Championship either..... Mark Webber never won a Championship yet he's an F1 driver

Plenty of guys will never achieve what plenty of female racers have either.
Maybe there never will be a female champ, but it shouldn't stop them from trying (and at least winning races and putting noses out of joint )
I dragged this from the first page, maybe Webber getting himself a World Championship is a sign that next year a woman may satisfy Dasher and his ever narrowing goalposts.
Old 28 Nov 2015, 02:09 (Ref:3593792)   #493
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00neelee View Post
And as summer approaches Dasher's misogyny rears its ugly head again.

The goal post have again moved to another location on the field, although why Dasher is playing lacrosse on a netball court is beyond comprehension.

The new Criteria:
Major,single seat, Circuit racing Championship.

Previous criteria:
Major Championship on a flat track bitumen or oval in a car like F1, F2, F3, Indy Car, Nascar, V8 Super Cars, DTM, British TC, Le Mans, Sports Cars etc.etc..

So F2, Indy Car, Nascar, V8 Super Cars, DTM, British TC, Le Mans, Sports Cars have now been dropped from the relevant criteria.

As well as country based championships so four of the five F3 championships are invalid.

So what Dasher is asking is "Why did a female not win F1 or the FIA European F3 championship this year?
I think you have misinterpreted what Dasher said. Just some bad grammar in his latest post . Pretty confident he would stand by description as there is no reason to change it, because its still true.
Old 28 Nov 2015, 05:40 (Ref:3593827)   #494
m00neelee
Rookie

m00neelee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I think you have misinterpreted what Dasher said. Just some bad grammar in his latest post . Pretty confident he would stand by description as there is no reason to change it, because its still true.
Six words, two commas and a full stop.

Sorry, but there is not a lot to misinterpret.

Although redefining MAJOR as to not include the primary class in a country renowned for motor sport is just another way of excluding any and all female drivers who fulfill the criteria originally set.

To quote the Desire Wilson biography
"She was the first woman in world-wide racing history to win a major National single-seater championship. She had won four races, finished second three times and earned two lap records. She had run fastest laps eight times, but suffered three engine failures in the 11 race season. She was the acknowledged rising star of South African racing."
Old 25 May 2016, 23:17 (Ref:3644437)   #495
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Erebus #4 Now Has Female #1 and #2 Mechanics...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 May 2016, 02:20 (Ref:3644452)   #496
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Geez, Reynolds cant escape these pussy wagons, can he?
Old 26 May 2016, 04:08 (Ref:3644461)   #497
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Geez, Reynolds cant escape these pussy wagons, can he?
And we can't escape trolling just to get a bite, it seems to be your favorite troll subject or have you another?
Old 26 May 2016, 05:04 (Ref:3644467)   #498
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No, that's about it, I still find it to be one of the funnier comments with one of the more hyper over reactions I've ever seen in sport.
Old 26 May 2016, 05:16 (Ref:3644469)   #499
Umai Naa
Veteran

*ovary-action
Old 26 May 2016, 05:36 (Ref:3644471)   #500
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
*ovary-action