Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 7 Apr 2019, 07:24 (Ref:3895833)   #1
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Jim Clark in...

...the tributes forum but, having been there, I find that already 8+ hours (across the pond; 3+ here on the U.S. east coast) in to that sad day, not a mentiion of one of, if not the, greatests passing. This scares me.

'Miss you dearly Jim.

jimclark
Old 8 Apr 2019, 19:53 (Ref:3896311)   #2
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
...the tributes forum but, having been there, I find that already 8+ hours (across the pond; 3+ here on the U.S. east coast) in to that sad day, not a mentiion of one of, if not the, greatests passing. This scares me.

'Miss you dearly Jim.
Interesting. 'Curious why my "title" was changed to "51 years to think about in..." which has nothing to do with my admiision title that " I know it belongs in..." except that it stirs some ire by those that have forgotten. Whatever. Sad.

Last edited by jimclark; 8 Apr 2019 at 20:00.

jimclark
Old 9 Apr 2019, 00:29 (Ref:3896338)   #3
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Hi jimclark - did you see the tribute done on The Grand Tour re Jimmy? They did a good job of it in my view.

Agree re thread title - bit weird.

Edit, here's a link to the piece: Grand Tour on Jimmy

Last edited by Tourer; 9 Apr 2019 at 00:36. Reason: Add in link
Old 9 Apr 2019, 00:36 (Ref:3896339)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jim Clark put in the thread title.

He is still missed.
Old 9 Apr 2019, 16:14 (Ref:3896450)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I agree, great GT bit on Jim Clark there
Old 13 Apr 2019, 23:44 (Ref:3897323)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just seen the Grand Tour episode. It was excellent. Some good footage, nicely concentrated on the ‘65 season and with usual the high production quality we expect from that team.
Old 24 Apr 2019, 00:20 (Ref:3899279)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
A thread about the Jim Clark Memorial meeting.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153649
Old 24 Apr 2019, 06:38 (Ref:3899314)   #8
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
I have done a review of David Tremayne's superb book - Jim Clark -The best of the best . Expensive , but definitive , and superbly illustrated too.

See speedreaders.info