Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 2 Nov 2005, 15:43 (Ref:1450514)   #1
cool man fan
Rookie

cool man fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Amazon for books

Hey people,
I am planning to use Amazon.com to bnuy f1 books. I want to buy the used ones so can anybody give me any tips as to how to judge if a seller is credible or not.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 16:00 (Ref:1450529)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I've bought a couple of second hand items through Amazon and have been successful. The user feedback is a useful tool.

Just a note, Amazon is a vendor partner of Ten-Tenths - if you click through to them through the link in our shopping channels, Tenths gets a commission for everything you purchase. Doesn't cost you any extra and helps contribute to the running of the site!
Old 2 Nov 2005, 16:52 (Ref:1450585)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Are Play.com an associate? I will not use Amazon now as they have switched to using Parcel Force to deliver. That's not an issue but the fact they only deliver on weekdays and require a signature is. When there is no one home they take my parcel away and expect me to drive to a depot 10 miles away where they may or may not be able to locate it on my first visit to collect it! So if Play.com are an associate I will happily follow your link to earn you some commission.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1450650)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shame Millhouse Books isn't an associate. The discounts I've had on many great books from there is staggering.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1454209)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've been very happy with Amazon (.co.uk). I've bought a DVD recorder and, more recently, a hockey coaching book () through Amazon. Extremely happy with both purchases. All I need to do now is remember the Tenths link........
Old 10 Nov 2005, 14:05 (Ref:1457257)   #6
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
Chris Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't say a bad word against Amazon. I ordered something on Monday morning, it came Tuesday morning despite my selceting free (2nd class) delivery and it being scheduled to arrive on the 14th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
I will not use Amazon now as they have switched to using Parcel Force to deliver. That's not an issue but the fact they only deliver on weekdays and require a signature is.
Noty always, Craig. If the item is small enough to get through the letterbox then they don't require a sig for the parcel. But I'm sure larger stuff has been left with my neighbours before.
Old 24 Dec 2005, 10:24 (Ref:1489591)   #7
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Amazon, you have to pay post and packaging, which can up the price to closer what a new book would cost. I've always preferred to use play.com, but when I've used Amazon the books I have received have been in good condition and have arrived fairly quickly.