Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Sep 2020, 08:22 (Ref:4002744)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Royal Automobile Club Historic Tourist Trophy

Historic Touring Car Challenge
Royal Automobile Club Woodcote Trophy
Sixties Touring Car Challenge with U2TC
Stirling Moss Trophy

Feature Race: 3 Hrs Royal Automobile Club Historic Tourist Trophy

Details: http://www.motorracinglegends.com/ev...-prix-circuit/
Old 18 Sep 2020, 16:42 (Ref:4003583)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It appears that the idea is to run teams of three cars, one from each era Pre War, Pre 63 and Pre 65.

Who's up for it?
Old 19 Sep 2020, 07:29 (Ref:4003731)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I got an email with details.

https://www.motorracinglegends.com/r...b-historic-tt/

Not sure if its a typo but the U2TC race entry fee is the same as the 3 hour ???
Old 19 Sep 2020, 10:23 (Ref:4003771)   #4
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
My reading is the TT 3 Hour entry fee is £ 1945 and U2TC is £ 995 or do I need to go to Specsavers?
Old 19 Sep 2020, 10:55 (Ref:4003779)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Looks like I've got one co driver, need one more.
Old 19 Sep 2020, 12:42 (Ref:4003844)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Got both now.
Old 19 Sep 2020, 17:28 (Ref:4004136)   #7
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
My reading is the TT 3 Hour entry fee is £ 1945 and U2TC is £ 995 or do I need to go to Specsavers?
Either its changed or I got a dodgy link . . . . Anyway you are right.

I didn't go to specsavers, but have recently taken delivery of my first pair of reading/computer glasses . . . . Most strange, but I'm adjusting. Slowly. Also had a full on eye check. Quite pleased to know I still have perfect eyes and sight except for the first 3 feet ( or metre, give or take a few thou!)

Last edited by zefarelly; 19 Sep 2020 at 17:39.
Old 19 Sep 2020, 18:14 (Ref:4004168)   #8
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A metre is three feet three, if that's give or take a few thou from three feet.....

Race meeting sounds great. I wonder if we'll be allowed to spectate?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 20 Sep 2020, 04:35 (Ref:4004663)   #9
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
No Pre War!
It’s only one day so MRL have done well to cover so many of their normal entries
Pity about selection of cars for three hours but sure it puts E Type driver in great position,
Old 20 Sep 2020, 04:58 (Ref:4004676)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
My mistake but yes E Types will be in both pre 63 and pre 65 classes.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 06:29 (Ref:4004695)   #11
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know whether this one's open to the public?
Old 20 Sep 2020, 08:18 (Ref:4004727)   #12
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
A metre is three feet three, if that's give or take a few thou from three feet.....

Race meeting sounds great. I wonder if we'll be allowed to spectate?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
And 23/64ths
Old 20 Sep 2020, 10:56 (Ref:4004852)   #13
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
And half a fathom may be?
Old 22 Sep 2020, 10:03 (Ref:4005546)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Entry submitted. Keen to know if any other tenthers are entering and if so what era? Need a pre 63 and a pre 66 touring car to make up the team.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 10:33 (Ref:4005551)   #15
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
And half a fathom may be?
Thats 914.4mm !

I'm in if I win the lottery this weekend!
Old 24 Sep 2020, 11:18 (Ref:4006028)   #16
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmondo View Post
Anyone know whether this one's open to the public?
No, closed doors according to the Sillystone web site which is a pity.
Old 24 Sep 2020, 11:20 (Ref:4006029)   #17
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We have an Elite entered!
Old 18 Oct 2020, 08:06 (Ref:4011327)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just received the entry list, 60 cars for the 3hrs race with some interesting vehicles.
Old 18 Oct 2020, 21:06 (Ref:4011413)   #19
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oops! Wrong thread.

Sorted - Bob, your previous post moved to Picture Parade

Last edited by John Turner; 26 Oct 2020 at 11:10.
Old 18 Oct 2020, 22:53 (Ref:4011431)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just received the entry list, 60 cars for the 3hrs race with some interesting vehicles.
Do share!
Old 19 Oct 2020, 08:57 (Ref:4011475)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
TT and Stirling Moss Entry Lists you will have to download them.
Old 19 Oct 2020, 21:40 (Ref:4011559)   #22
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
TT and Stirling Moss Entry Lists you will have to download them.
Thanks Pete 😀
Old 26 Oct 2020, 10:02 (Ref:4013135)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well, that was fun. Changeable weather in the morning made for some interesting lines in qualifying, add to that a need to change spark plugs in my stint and a couple of safety car periods, none of us really go to grips with the car. Tim has never driven the MG so I went out to bed in new brake pads, planning to do three laps only. The first lap was scuppered due to an Elan in the old pits wall so we all came back in. Good for the pads but when the lights went green my car wouldn't start so we changed the plugs and off I went. A further lap on a very greasy track and an in lap was all I got.

Tim took over and after his first lap the safety car appeared, he put some times in with a best lap of 3:12 which put us 56th of 58 cars. Ken was a bit slower than Tim but both were much faster than me. Hey ho.

We put Tim in the car for the first stint and he made some great progress, best lap was 2:52.8, the best MGB lap was 2:49.4 so not bad for a first time in the car. At the end of the first hour we were 34th. Then Ken got his turn and we were 45th when, ten minutes before the end of his stint he came into the pits sadly to retire. Head gasket. This is a recurring theme with the car and I'm not sure what we can do, but it is rebuild time so we can check the block and the head and take the necessary action.

Although I didn't get to drive in the race I had an exciting day. We were pinged in qualifying for a non working transponder. Unsurprising really, because it was, at the time, in the office at home! So, a quick trip home and back whilst charging the transponder in the car and we were good to go! Phew!

Thanks should go to MRL for organising what was a great event, which although we all hope will never be needed again, would be a great way to complete the season. Also to the RAC for providing coffee and snacks to one and all throughout the day.
Old 26 Oct 2020, 10:44 (Ref:4013146)   #24
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Good job MRL
Our lot did the Stirling Moss/ Woodcote
Good twelfth for Elite
Smallest capacity car in race by some way .
That Birch/Burnett partnership prospers
Old 26 Oct 2020, 11:03 (Ref:4013153)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well done.