Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jan 2020, 00:14 (Ref:3954310)   #276
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Part of me thinks he's going to get caught up in the romance of beating Schumacher's WDC record in a Ferrari.
That would not surprise me at all, 7 with MB power and then want to get 8th in a Ferrari and drive off in to the sunset
Old 29 Jan 2020, 00:19 (Ref:3954312)   #277
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Part of me thinks he's going to get caught up in the romance of beating Schumacher's WDC record in a Ferrari.
I suppose he could but he would be well out of his comfort zone, what with the 2021 car and the unfamiliarity of a new team.
Old 29 Jan 2020, 00:53 (Ref:3954317)   #278
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I suppose he could but he would be well out of his comfort zone, what with the 2021 car and the unfamiliarity of a new team.
I'll be as diplomatic as I can by saying someone with Lewis' ....let's say 'confidence in self'... would back himself into winning it in a Ferrari.

Which will lead to a lot of very confused tifosi for a few races I'm sure!
Old 29 Jan 2020, 01:39 (Ref:3954321)   #279
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'll be as diplomatic as I can by saying someone with Lewis' ....let's say 'confidence in self'... would back himself into winning it in a Ferrari.

Which will lead to a lot of very confused tifosi for a few races I'm sure!
He's got a better chance of that staying with Mercedes, particularly with the 2021 car. He will be with Mercedes from its inception. If he goes to Ferrari, he won't be.
Old 29 Jan 2020, 12:18 (Ref:3954387)   #280
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've said it before and I'll say it again today: I just can't ever see Hamilton racing for the Red Team. It's way too much of a risk for both of them.

He's been with Mercedes in one form or another since he started climbing the ladder, whether in the McLaren driver development programme, with McLaren themselves, or with Mercedes F1. His time in F3 with Manor was with a Mercedes engine, his time in F3 with ASM/ART was with a Mercedes engine, in fact his only big-league year not with a Merc engine was his year in GP2 because the only engine supplier was Mecachrome. He was still aligned with Mercedes via his relationship with McLaren.

So I don't think Mercedes would let him, for one, and I would expect Ferrari would have to throw so much money at him to entice him across that they'd make a mess of their own finances. Unless Philip Morris want to splurge some hidden cash, of course...

Nope, just can't see it happening. There's too much in terms of reputation at stake for too many people.

Of course, if Mercedes were to stop racing altogether, it would be an open goal for Ferrari!
Old 29 Jan 2020, 15:10 (Ref:3954413)   #281
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Of course, if Mercedes were to stop racing altogether, it would be an open goal for Ferrari!
I can see the allure of winning for Ferrari, but I think he would have to be unhappy with or unable to race for Mercedes to jump ship. You hit one of the two. As to the other, I see no reason for him to be unhappy with his current situation.

Richard
Old 29 Jan 2020, 15:37 (Ref:3954423)   #282
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
History will eventually show that some of us were right, and some of us were wrong! I’m in the ‘never in a month of Sunday’s’ camp........
Old 29 Jan 2020, 15:48 (Ref:3954426)   #283
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i feel as though Merc are about to offer him the most lucrative contract extension of all time.

but money aside, the biggest risk to LH in leaving Merc might just be that he will have to leave an open Merc seat behind.
Old 29 Jan 2020, 15:59 (Ref:3954428)   #284
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Merc will decide how much they need him. They need to start thinking of the future. There’s plenty out there who could lead the team to title glory
Old 29 Jan 2020, 16:17 (Ref:3954434)   #285
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Merc will decide how much they need him. They need to start thinking of the future. There’s plenty out there who could lead the team to title glory
Go on then, I'll bite. Give us a decent reasoned argument as to exactly who these "plenty" are and how they might bring that glory along, because right now I can only really see two and they're completely embedded in the only two teams that are anywhere close to giving Mercedes a fight.
Old 29 Jan 2020, 19:44 (Ref:3954463)   #286
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
You're right Greem...
Old 30 Jan 2020, 13:43 (Ref:3954559)   #287
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Go on then, I'll bite. Give us a decent reasoned argument as to exactly who these "plenty" are and how they might bring that glory along, because right now I can only really see two and they're completely embedded in the only two teams that are anywhere close to giving Mercedes a fight.
What, you hadn't heard Ocon's nickname was Plenty Ocon? I would have thought that was common knowledge?

But playing the game posited above:
Ocon: well Mercedes think highly of him but not enough to have kept him in a seat with cash
Russell: Mercedes thinks there's a future there but the car under him isn't stellar so what do we really know.
Latifi: Could be excellent, could bring a great budget
Stroll: See above, but less so on the could be's
Norris: Could be excellent, could be retained by McLaren long term
Gasly: Was regarded highly, appeared to crack alongside Verstappen (was that Max or was that driving style and he couldn't adapt to a car Max likes?)
Bottas: Consistent and strong driver, can he lead a team?
Leclerc and Verstappen are both locked in to their ride for at least a bit now and don't think either team will let go without a major change at the top.

Yes, Latifi and Stroll were included purely to be an ass
Old 30 Jan 2020, 18:38 (Ref:3954597)   #288
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Lexit.....Lewis leaving Mercedes..
Old 30 Jan 2020, 19:03 (Ref:3954600)   #289
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Lexit.....Lewis leaving Mercedes..
Ham and Eggs-it
Old 9 Mar 2020, 13:21 (Ref:3962464)   #290
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sergio Sette Camara named as Red Bull and Alpha Tauri reserve driver this season

https://redbullracing.redbull.com/ar...ve-driver-role
Old 9 Mar 2020, 14:19 (Ref:3962481)   #291
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Sergio Sette Camara named as Red Bull and Alpha Tauri reserve driver this season

https://redbullracing.redbull.com/ar...ve-driver-role
So Marko doesn't feel anyone they have on their books was suitable.

Oh dear me!!
Old 9 Mar 2020, 14:33 (Ref:3962486)   #292
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So we have another reserve driver confirmed then. Good that Camara has signed with a team though
Old 9 Mar 2020, 14:35 (Ref:3962488)   #293
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
So we have another reserve driver confirmed then. Good that Camara has signed with a team though
Is it good for him, or good for RB though?

Not totally sure either benefits in this instance.
Old 9 Mar 2020, 16:01 (Ref:3962523)   #294
S griffin
Veteran

It’s better than nothing. It means at least he has that contract in his pocket. It may or may not get him anywhere, but this is a good starting point
Old 9 Mar 2020, 19:56 (Ref:3962589)   #295
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
So Marko doesn't feel anyone they have on their books was suitable.

Oh dear me!!
none of the junior drivers they have have the license points needed
Old 10 Mar 2020, 22:40 (Ref:3962897)   #296
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
none of the junior drivers they have have the license points needed
That's pretty ordinary operations from Marko there then.

Suggests to me they are no longer looking to continue their once rich pipeline of talent.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 00:13 (Ref:3962903)   #297
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
That's pretty ordinary operations from Marko there then.

Suggests to me they are no longer looking to continue their once rich pipeline of talent.
They have gotten to moving drivers up and firing them faster than they can accrue points. And when they don't have points but promised rides those promises disappear. Think he has the usual problem of his expertise, and ego, has not kept up with the field of talent and other teams.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 11:13 (Ref:3963017)   #298
S griffin
Veteran

And the problem is once they have been dropped from the scheme, it's very unlikely you will be bought back
Old 11 Mar 2020, 11:49 (Ref:3963025)   #299
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
And the problem is once they have been dropped from the scheme, it's very unlikely you will be bought back
As Albon and Kvyat have proved. Oh, hang on........
Old 11 Mar 2020, 12:24 (Ref:3963032)   #300
S griffin
Veteran

And Hartley too. But it’s very unlikely Sainz will come back now