Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Aug 2020, 20:03 (Ref:3999301)   #26
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
A curate's egg. I left before the 60 minute Jag race (which should obviously have been the last race) , enjoyed FF1600 (shame about red flags )and Historic saloons but God help us - 8 cars for the Supertourer race , with half of field retiring ...

At least any day is a good one if it has B16 content .

Catering - for F3/GT lots of places . Today - a queue for cafe and one van on infield. Good crowd, so why I wonder ?
The battle for the field in the jag race was pretty solid and the formula ford and touring car races after were some of the best of the weekend,

I think this weekend is best described as ‘pleasant’.

Not the best grids, not the best racing, but it was sunny, there was some good racing, sat in a field surrounded by loads of nice cars and people....

...in the context of 2020 it gets a big thumbs up from me.
Old 31 Aug 2020, 21:59 (Ref:3999316)   #27
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Couple of good days and hopefully some decent photos. Disappointing grids for Aurora and Touring Cars especially as these might be seen as among the headline acts, but FF delivered as usual. Nevertheless, in the current circumstances, the fact the event ran at all is down to a lot of pragmatism and hard work by the MSV folk. Found a couple of new angles for me that I have not really explored before with the camera - outside of Lodge and Deer Leap into start finish. Not sure that Lotus Cortinas should be bounced off kerbs, but should make good action photos.
Old 1 Sep 2020, 07:07 (Ref:3999357)   #28
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
The battle for the field in the jag race was pretty solid and the formula ford and touring car races after were some of the best of the weekend,

I think this weekend is best described as ‘pleasant’.

Not the best grids, not the best racing, but it was sunny, there was some good racing, sat in a field surrounded by loads of nice cars and people....

...in the context of 2020 it gets a big thumbs up from me.

Oh me too , of course. But I came home thinking how much more I'd enjoyed last weekend's VSCC Mallory . Timetable always a problem - Sunday had the races which most appealed , but the inevitable late start and very late finish do not suit me.

Still, HSCC Cadwell soon - one of my very favourites
Old 1 Sep 2020, 11:53 (Ref:3999410)   #29
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If it hadn't been only my second meeting of 2020 I would have been very disappointed with the racing.
Highlight of our weekend was Michael Lyons taking over the Lenham in the Guards trophy. Guess which tourer will break next on Monday kept us awake.

I would like to say MSV did a great job with their social distancing plans for the toilet blocks and the resturant/bar, shame so many spectators and especially car club members ignored the 'normal' SD rules.

Donington and Mallory left in my motorsport season.
Old 1 Sep 2020, 14:02 (Ref:3999451)   #30
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Difficult not to enjoy Oulton Park, even without my usual tabbard. especially when the sun shines. Great old style club atmosphere.Images copyright Peter Baker
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5865.JPG   IMG_5866.JPG   IMG_5876.JPG  

IMG_5883.JPG  
Old 1 Sep 2020, 20:30 (Ref:3999519)   #31
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Love the black and white of the saloons - could have been taken 50+ years ago when I was first attending (apart from the modern lurking behind the fence in the background).
Old 1 Sep 2020, 23:01 (Ref:3999529)   #32
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
I would like to say MSV did a great job with their social distancing plans for the toilet blocks and the resturant/bar, shame so many spectators and especially car club members ignored the 'normal' SD rules.
Yeah, big groups together and no one seems to bat an eye about wandering right by you. Was a better feel at the British GT meet.

I enjoyed the weekend and my van was lovely and cosy. Not much great racing but a few gave some good entertainment, in particular one of the FF races. Hope the drive who rolled at the chicane is okay, his arms were flailing about so I was glad that he was able to walk away.
Old 2 Sep 2020, 18:13 (Ref:3999687)   #33
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reliably reported from the HSCC offfice that yes, Stuart Kestenbaum in the Classic FF race walked away all ok. Apparently he was more concerned about his trip home in Rick Morris' HOMEBUILT airyplane...

Historic FF put on a good show. Report out in a few days.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 06:45 (Ref:3999958)   #34
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For Sunday of the Gold Cup meeting I decided to go "back to basics" and use an entry level DSLR and zoom lens (D3400 and 70-300). The results can be seen here - https://flic.kr/s/aHsmQwmcPk

Monday action taken with the usual kit to follow soon.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 07:11 (Ref:3999965)   #35
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lovely set of pictures as always David. In the Aurora XL race, is it me or is Mike Lane's Chevron B49 (49) using March 79B sidepods ? By the way, hope you enjoyed the trucks !
Old 4 Sep 2020, 09:03 (Ref:3999988)   #36
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Lovely set of pictures as always David. In the Aurora XL race, is it me or is Mike Lane's Chevron B49 (49) using March 79B sidepods ? By the way, hope you enjoyed the trucks !
Thank you - I'll definitely bow to other's knowledge on the Chevron question.

Trucks - mmm, yes glad I saw them; would I rush back - probably not. Legends, however, fabulous especially in the wet.

Had a friend driving in C1s and report coming up on PistonClick "soon".
Old 4 Sep 2020, 11:08 (Ref:4000023)   #37
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just googled Old Racing Cars and apparently using March sidepods was a period modification on Chevron B49s.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 10:52 (Ref:4001095)   #38
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/albums

Remaining albums now on Flickr.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 19:57 (Ref:4001238)   #39
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/albums

Remaining albums now on Flickr.
Great photos, thanks for sharing.
Old 11 Sep 2020, 07:47 (Ref:4001614)   #40
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
For Sunday of the Gold Cup meeting I decided to go "back to basics" and use an entry level DSLR and zoom lens (D3400 and 70-300). The results can be seen here - https://flic.kr/s/aHsmQwmcPk

Monday action taken with the usual kit to follow soon.
Now turned into a PistonClick article - https://www.pistonclick.com/back-to-...he-nikon-d3400 - featuring archive shots and Skyline flaming exhausts !