Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 30 Jul 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1367663)   #51
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear kirby commentating on the Water Polo on eurosport justnow, he seems better at it - i don't think he is a motorsport commentator by trade, which begs the question - why is he covering motorsport? Gareth Rees would do for me!
Old 30 Jul 2005, 18:22 (Ref:1367665)   #52
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes Carlton was better doing the water polo, although his co-commentator was helping him massively.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 19:15 (Ref:1367695)   #53
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i withdraw my carroll 'slowcoach' remark. it was indeed a ****ty car as davie sears confirms-

Quote:
Adam Carroll started in 19th place, and had several problems with the car during the race, including gearbox selection and the engine cutting out, which meant he just missed out on 8th place. Therefore he will start 9th on the grid tomorrow.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 19:17 (Ref:1367700)   #54
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
gareth rees on his own would do. without rees or davies we had more of kirby. i felt like throwing a shoe at my tv when on the first lap he totaly miscredited premats amazing start by saying it was rosberg. i bet he still thinks it was rosberg...
Old 30 Jul 2005, 19:30 (Ref:1367707)   #55
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Adam finished 8th? The Eurosport website seems to think so!
Old 30 Jul 2005, 19:32 (Ref:1367710)   #56
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh hangon, no, the times are correct, the positions aren't.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 09:15 (Ref:1368038)   #57
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A win for Premat from Rosberg in race 2, fastest lap from Piccione, 2 saftey car periods aswell according to gp2series.com
Old 31 Jul 2005, 09:29 (Ref:1368053)   #58
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks, Kidzer! The race is supposed to be shown on Eurosport2 at 10:45, for those with access to it, but they're ducking and diving with the schedules this weekend, so no guarantees.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 09:45 (Ref:1368069)   #59
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
I did wonder, it didn't say "Live GP2 Racing" so I assumed it was a repeat of yesterday's race, ill go watch it now though!

Old 31 Jul 2005, 09:50 (Ref:1368077)   #60
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
According to Carlton, Ryan stalled on the grid!
Old 31 Jul 2005, 10:32 (Ref:1368099)   #61
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
kirby is an idiot. he said that ryan sharp wasnt here this weekend. 1 minutes later the race had started and he he said ryan sharp was one of the stallers....he then goes on to comentate on the first 2 or 3 laps calling pantano as carroll and vice versa....despite that bright yellow helmet clearly indicating it was pantano.....

then we had the rest of the race filled with his usual drivel.

as for the actual race it was rubbish. ART clearly have the best car by far despite the fact they couldnt overtake pla who would have won the race again but he stopped. arden looked pretty ordinary. it was a proper hungarian race. carroll made a twit of himself at the start and proceeded to be very slow throughout the race. even alverez was quicker. sickening.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 11:25 (Ref:1368138)   #62
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why does ART have Marlboro on their cars when supposedly the Euro tobacco sponsorship thing went into effect today?
Old 31 Jul 2005, 11:26 (Ref:1368140)   #63
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Midnight tonight, I believe.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 11:38 (Ref:1368148)   #64
Jackman
Veteran

Jackman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentina 1
Why does ART have Marlboro on their cars when supposedly the Euro tobacco sponsorship thing went into effect today?
ART are French, Philip Morris are American - neither are affected by a British ruling.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 11:43 (Ref:1368151)   #65
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A bit of a dull race compared to yesterday, and I still get wound up by the reverse top 8 - if Pla hadn't had a mechanical failure, he'd have taken his third win in succession, all earned thanks to being rather mediocre in race 1.

And why are we still seeing so many cars stalling/failing to get away race after race? Surely GP2 must concede this is a car issue which has to be sorted? I can't believe it's just a case of drivers failing to get to grips with the sensitive clutch.

Kirby was dire as usual - when Garcia went straight on across the gravel trap and nosed the tyre-barrier, with what looked like a sticking throttle, his conclusion was that Garcia had a "toe-in problem" (???)
Old 31 Jul 2005, 13:55 (Ref:1368227)   #66
Kicking-back
Veteran

The stalling is not a car issue - it is a driver and team issue.

The same teams and drivers are always the ones who have problems.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 14:07 (Ref:1368243)   #67
Jackman
Veteran

Jackman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible-flyer
carroll made a twit of himself at the start and proceeded to be very slow throughout the race. even alverez was quicker. sickening.
Carroll had a tough race because he was in the middle of battles all race long, while Alvarez fought his way up from seventeenth to seventh to finish just outside of the points again.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 15:19 (Ref:1368301)   #68
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
The stalling is not a car issue - it is a driver and team issue.

The same teams and drivers are always the ones who have problems.
I've never seen stalling being such a regular event as in GP2 though...
Old 31 Jul 2005, 15:43 (Ref:1368314)   #69
Kicking-back
Veteran

I agree with you - but the fact still remains it's the same drivers who're doing it regularly
Old 31 Jul 2005, 17:40 (Ref:1368370)   #70
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackman
ART are French, Philip Morris are American - neither are affected by a British ruling.
Its an EU wide directive tomorrow morning. The British threat is whether you will be prosecuted domestically for running tobacco ads outside the EU. Ferrari are safe racing in Japan, the question is are BAR, McLaren, Renault, and Jordan.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 18:41 (Ref:1368405)   #71
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Slightly off topic, but it's the reason why the Marlboro Masters was held in June. The thing is, I understood the directive came into force at midnight last night, but it seemed an odd date, so perhaps not.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1368413)   #72
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even more bizarrely, Gauloises is sponsoring a MotoGP race within the EU later this month.