Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Jul 2018, 07:20 (Ref:3838430)   #526
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With CR diesels, smoke doesn't necessarily equate to more performance.
Old 4 Oct 2018, 04:56 (Ref:3854442)   #527
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These things just look flat out ridiculous trying to navigate Bathurst. Looks like a bunch of recovery vehicles racing each other to the accident scene.

How many rollovers once the track dries?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 4 Oct 2018, 08:03 (Ref:3854461)   #528
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
These things just look flat out ridiculous trying to navigate Bathurst. Looks like a bunch of recovery vehicles racing each other to the accident scene.

I refuse to watch them. I have tried. Once. Ridiculous category IMHO.
Old 4 Oct 2018, 09:01 (Ref:3854472)   #529
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dont mind them.
Old 4 Oct 2018, 10:29 (Ref:3854488)   #530
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I dont mind them.
#metoo
Old 4 Oct 2018, 12:39 (Ref:3854508)   #531
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I refuse to watch them. I have tried. Once. Ridiculous category IMHO.
More ridiculous than big rig racing?
Old 4 Oct 2018, 21:23 (Ref:3854566)   #532
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post

Hopefully lots of crashes and destroyed utes, then we can be rid of this class.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 04:09 (Ref:3855576)   #533
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I watched them from various points around the mountain over the weekend. I didn't hear one positive thing said about the category amongst spectators. Including me. Its ordinary category, they need to be dropped 4 inches and given race rubber. Even then I doubt the series would be much chop. Bring on SuperSUVs.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 04:39 (Ref:3855577)   #534
Umai Naa
Veteran

New tyres are coming for next year.

Can't be dropped without putting them on a bespoke chassis, or ditching them for the low clearance variants, which will limit the amount of eligible models.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 00:08 (Ref:3855795)   #535
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racing is supposed to be, and needs to be, FAST, and it needs to sound good. Some asthmatic diesel just doesn't cut it on either front. I don't watch them anymore, I used their race to make my lunch / go to the toilet / have a quick nap / mow the lawn / clean the house. Was a joke from day 1, now it's just a bad joke.
Old 11 Oct 2018, 12:07 (Ref:3856109)   #536
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Can't be dropped without putting them on a bespoke chassis, or ditching them for the low clearance variants, which will limit the amount of eligible models.
Why not a one-make series with V8 powered Nissan Navara 2WD to reward Nissan for their support of the Supercars series?

Yankee Nisan Titan enthusiasts might even load the online stream to watch their much loved V8 Nissan pickups racing!

Or a three-make series? Ranger 2WD, Colorado 2WD, Navara 2Wd. Why reward Mitsubishi, Toyota Mazda etc with an entry in Superutes when they do not compete in Supercars!?
Old 11 Oct 2018, 12:25 (Ref:3856114)   #537
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Racing is supposed to be, and needs to be, FAST, and it needs to sound good.
It so doesn't. One of the best races I ever saw was for MG Midgets at Mallory Park. Pretty slow cars, noise like someone breaking wind in the next room, yet the racing was extremely close and absorbing with at least half the field in the lead pack. Contact was negligible and you couldn't wait for them to come round again. Admittedly, even at such a short track, you waited a while, but it was brilliant. Racing ideally needs to be close and where there is a decent chance of overtaking and of preventing it fairly.

That said, I'm not clear there's a case for these Utes at such high profile meetings. Not really what the spectators are likely to go for. They want fast and preferably exotic. In my experience you can see slow utes trundling around by standing at the side of almost any road in Australia!
Old 29 Dec 2018, 23:04 (Ref:3873047)   #538
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A Post Season Review
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Dec 2018, 02:51 (Ref:3873070)   #539
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
In my experience you can see slow utes trundling around by standing at the side of almost any road in Australia!
And get on the M1 between Brisbane and the Coast and you will see Tradies carry out overtakes that Make Danny Ric look positively pedestrian
Old 30 Dec 2018, 02:52 (Ref:3873071)   #540
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surprisingly they didn't pull any punches, I agree wirh Paul on that.

Old 30 Dec 2018, 07:46 (Ref:3873096)   #541
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Morris nails it. What they do from here will be interesting, because the commercial support cant last if there is little interest from spectators, and huge pushback on all forms of social media.
Old 30 Dec 2018, 08:25 (Ref:3873106)   #542
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Morris nails it. What they do from here will be interesting, because the commercial support cant last if there is little interest from spectators, and huge pushback on all forms of social media.
And the corporate support (car importers) sits at significant risk with a Ford/Chev crate engine installed....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Dec 2018, 08:39 (Ref:3873111)   #543
Umai Naa
Veteran

I suspect that more power would very quickly end up well in front of what the chassis capable of.

They should've gone with low ground clearance chassis as used in markets such as South East Asia and South America. Add generic crate motor. Done.
Old 30 Dec 2018, 11:33 (Ref:3873145)   #544
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Glad to see Morris get something right on the Summer Grill series as he has been hideous on all the other episodes. Doesn’t seemed to well informed on anything apart from V8s and in the F1 review episode he was one step off claiming the moon landing was staged.
Old 30 Dec 2018, 22:36 (Ref:3873208)   #545
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't realise 'No Baloney' had some sort of a car museum in place at his Boat Works centre.

Has anyone been there?
Old 31 Dec 2018, 00:54 (Ref:3873224)   #546
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Done alright for himself Mr Longhurst.

A lifetime ago as a teenager he used to barefoot ski past my old place at Yowie Bay in Sydney.
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 26 Feb 2019, 04:47 (Ref:3886654)   #547
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
13 Super Dooper Utes for Adelaide.
Old 1 Mar 2019, 05:40 (Ref:3887462)   #548
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Another race, another rollover, Chris Formose rolling and collecting Canto in the process.
Old 1 Mar 2019, 08:43 (Ref:3887488)   #549
sebringimsa
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
sebringimsa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit of a joke series !
If it rolls, floats, flys or crashes, runs on gasoline or high explosives, shoots a big bullett, makes lots of noise, producing torque and recoil, THEN ITS COOL!! But if it's a ball made out of leather inflated with air hit with a bat, racquet or club, played on a course, green or court by yubbies or left-wingers it SUCKS!!
Old 1 Mar 2019, 08:46 (Ref:3887489)   #550
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Careful, people get upset when you can the SuperUtes.