Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 Jun 2004, 10:58 (Ref:990127)   #1
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Le Mans in the Chat Room

As we're getting nice and close to the big weekend, it's about time to draw reference to the Chat Room!
Many of you will remember that last year during the race itself quite a few people who sadly couldn't make it to the race came into the room, got RLM on the computer, and then we all discussed what was happening as it occured - plus updated each other on anything we may have missed. Obviously, we will be doing this again this year - so please come and join us if you're about!
We were also looking at the potential of a preview chat - but I want opinions! It has been suggested this can occur during the practice/qualifying sessions and then they can be discussed at the same time. Any comments on this, please let us know
Connection to the Chat Room is either through the button at the top of your page; a non-Java client; or if you have an IRC Client through irc.phishy.net and in channel #motorsport. And please use your 10/10ths nick so we know who's who!
Hope to see some of you in there!
Old 1 Jun 2004, 12:31 (Ref:990253)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Come on then people, lets have some ideas for this..... Its a far better idea than a thread which runs during a qualifying session and ends up with 200 posts in the space of half an hour.......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 1 Jun 2004 at 12:32.
Old 1 Jun 2004, 16:13 (Ref:990501)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good Point Ayse, sadly you not be getting on of world famous Qualifying or Race Thread's this year as I wouldn't have access to the net at the circuit......
Old 1 Jun 2004, 17:55 (Ref:990601)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But you'll be there Rob - far better!
Old 1 Jun 2004, 18:08 (Ref:990612)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Last year was great in the chat room, so this year I will be there again. (And this year I have a DSL connection )

Suggestion: Pre-race chat on Wednesday or/and Thursday during qualifying sessions? Let's say around 19:00h (7pm) CET?
Wednesday June 9
7pm - 9pm 1st qualifying practice sessions
10pm - Midnigh 1st qualifying practice sessions

Thursday June 10
7pm - 9pm 2nd qualifying practice sessions
10pm - Midnigh 2nd qualifying practice sessions

Last edited by FIRE; 1 Jun 2004 at 18:15.
Old 1 Jun 2004, 18:50 (Ref:990662)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm not a great "chatter" as Asp knows, but I'll see if I can pop in on Wednesday evening - probably while the 1st session is on. I'll give Thursday a miss though.......
Old 2 Jun 2004, 07:15 (Ref:991125)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chat room for me
But it was quite fun last year
Old 2 Jun 2004, 07:18 (Ref:991128)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think it could be rather good if a fair few of us get in on Wednesday, say.
Old 2 Jun 2004, 08:43 (Ref:991199)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Odd : when I click the 'chat room' button, I get an error message :

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1 - You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
2 - If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
3 - Your browser's cookies may have been corrupted - see this page for tips on how to overcome this problem.

Any explanation ?
Old 2 Jun 2004, 11:41 (Ref:991367)   #10
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Mine says: Loading Java Applet failed...

I've never used the chat rooms before.

Last edited by gert; 2 Jun 2004 at 11:42.
Old 2 Jun 2004, 11:50 (Ref:991379)   #11
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
non-java client just tested. That one works.
I'll be there next week :-)
Old 2 Jun 2004, 12:02 (Ref:991384)   #12
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, recalections of last years LM chat!

I'll be there on the wednesday night (packing should be done by then) as off to LM early on the Thursday morning!
Old 2 Jun 2004, 12:39 (Ref:991423)   #13
Cadete
Racer

Cadete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there as much time as I can spare from study.
Old 2 Jun 2004, 15:52 (Ref:991667)   #14
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Odd : when I click the 'chat room' button, I get an error message :

Any explanation ?
I've heard it happen a few times before - as far as we can tell it's a problem with your cookies and it doesn't know that you're logged in. Best bet would be to try the non-Java client or the button in ParcFerme as that brings you to the same place.
Glad to see so much interest too!
Old 2 Jun 2004, 16:03 (Ref:991681)   #15
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Should be good.

Just noticed there are 29 users on the Sportscar & GT forum at the moment. Double the number on the F1 forum!
Old 2 Jun 2004, 17:37 (Ref:991783)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I just call it good taste....
Old 4 Jun 2004, 09:20 (Ref:993645)   #17
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I call it Le Mans in 9 days, 4 hours and 40 minutes
Old 5 Jun 2004, 06:32 (Ref:994465)   #18
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Asp
I've heard it happen a few times before - as far as we can tell it's a problem with your cookies and it doesn't know that you're logged in. Best bet would be to try the non-Java client or the button in ParcFerme as that brings you to the same place.
Glad to see so much interest too!
Thanks for the tip Asp ! I'll try again by the Parc Fermé !
Old 8 Jun 2004, 15:34 (Ref:997418)   #19
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Who's gonna be in the chatroom tomorrow then?
Old 8 Jun 2004, 15:35 (Ref:997419)   #20
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I'll try to be there, if I can login...
Old 8 Jun 2004, 16:16 (Ref:997474)   #21
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
Who's gonna be in the chatroom tomorrow then?
Me, at 19:00 LLMT (Local Le Mans Time )
Old 8 Jun 2004, 18:11 (Ref:997600)   #22
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
mIRC isn't freeware anymore! It allows a 30 day trial, and since I only chat during this race, no problems for my work - but I have install restrictions for other programs (darn IT guys), so I'll stick with it for tomorrow and Thursday.

See you folks on line!
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 8 Jun 2004, 19:38 (Ref:997686)   #23
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
yep, I'll be on at possibly even a bit before 19:00 LLMT
Old 8 Jun 2004, 19:39 (Ref:997687)   #24
Amigo
Rookie

Amigo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will also try to be there...
Old 9 Jun 2004, 00:32 (Ref:997938)   #25
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Me too!