Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Sep 2001, 18:48 (Ref:146179)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Black Ferrari Nose cone

Just thought i'd say that Ferrari have ran with a black nose cone today it seems, I thought some teams may do something.
From purely a asthetics point of view it looks truly appalling.
I think a much more pleasing and subtle way of showing this response may have been considered, by Ferrari.
Old 14 Sep 2001, 18:54 (Ref:146184)   #2
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I find McLaren's gesture much more in the lines of the way to go. They donated 10 mill. for the victims' families. Actions more than gestures.
Old 14 Sep 2001, 19:42 (Ref:146207)   #3
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is the nose for today only or is it for the whole weekend.

Good on McLaren for doing what they did... hopefully some of the richer teams and drivers could follow suit.
Old 14 Sep 2001, 20:44 (Ref:146244)   #4
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 14 Sep 2001, 21:06 (Ref:146259)   #5
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Though it's nice thing to show your respects, I think that no sponsor's signs on car would have been enough.

For those who dislike Ron: wolud this (donation) at lest a bit change your opinion?
Old 14 Sep 2001, 21:26 (Ref:146274)   #6
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ooh, it does look awful, doesn't it. But, ofcourse, it is good see the F1 world reacting positively to this tragedy. Well done Ferrari and McLaren...
Old 14 Sep 2001, 21:49 (Ref:146290)   #7
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While I agree the black on the front isn't very nice, other than that it is probably the best looking F1 car I've seen in years! I wish they always ran sponsorless...
Old 14 Sep 2001, 22:01 (Ref:146297)   #8
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
While I agree the black on the front isn't very nice, other than that it is probably the best looking F1 car I've seen in years! I wish they always ran sponsorless...

Yeah but there wouldn't be F1 if they did. Not in todays world.
Old 14 Sep 2001, 22:11 (Ref:146304)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He should wear black too.

Old 15 Sep 2001, 01:25 (Ref:146378)   #10
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Geez...just imagine...

If all teams decide to pay their respect painting their cars fully black, dress their staffs fully white, and make drivers wear black helmets... won't that be a hell of a race for the commentators?

BUT ferrari..the black nose does look terrible...full red w/o sponsors would be excellent!

Mclaren donated 10m, Ferrari is going to donate their cars for this race as missiles to retaliate those SoBs-terrorist.

But seriously, its a good thing done by both teams. A pat on the back for both!
Old 15 Sep 2001, 03:43 (Ref:146395)   #11
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by ljakse
Though it's nice thing to show your respects, I think that no sponsor's signs on car would have been enough

Ditto...
Old 15 Sep 2001, 09:37 (Ref:146447)   #12
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that Ferrari have done the right thing.
Old 15 Sep 2001, 12:47 (Ref:146481)   #13
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"McLaren" Donation

Quote:
Originally posted by ljakse
For those who dislike Ron: wolud this (donation) at lest a bit change your opinion?
Ron, and McLaren for that matter, had absolutely nothing to do with this. The donation was made by the Daimler-Chrysler Corporation who supply McLarens' engines and do own a minority share of the team. Nothing against Ron and the team, but lets give credit where it's due.
Old 15 Sep 2001, 13:07 (Ref:146482)   #14
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari have done a good thing.
Old 15 Sep 2001, 13:22 (Ref:146490)   #15
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's a nice gesture from Ferrari. It would have been even nicer if all the teams had agreed to do this, but most other teams probably couldn't afford not having the sponsors' logos on...
Old 15 Sep 2001, 13:40 (Ref:146504)   #16
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think any sign of respect by the teams is brilient and shouldn't be criticised even if it doesn't look that nice!!!!
Old 15 Sep 2001, 15:40 (Ref:146570)   #17
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a very good point. As with Christmas presents, it's the thought that counts in a situation like this. I for one thought the Ferrari looked O.K.
Old 15 Sep 2001, 16:57 (Ref:146600)   #18
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so did i R, and its not there to look pretty is it - its there as a sign of respect!
Old 15 Sep 2001, 16:58 (Ref:146601)   #19
Redneck
Racer

Redneck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am extremely proud of Ferrari. The visual appeal of the car is not the point. I get the point and am very proud to be a member of the Tifosi.

On behalf of America I thank McLaren for their gift.

I thank all of those that have chosen to race this weekend instead of giving into the terrorists. It is very important that we all continue. Despite any risks that may be associated with the USGP, we must push on. If we don't, the terrorists have won. Sure I will be nervous attending the USGP. But I will not give in.
Old 15 Sep 2001, 20:26 (Ref:146676)   #20
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was a nice gesture of mourning, and appreciated.

It would have looked better on a 156 Dino sharknose, but it was a nice touch. I think they could have used a Cavollino on the side though.
Old 15 Sep 2001, 20:36 (Ref:146680)   #21
Victor Broccoli
Racer

Victor Broccoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think that the car looks too bad. After all, it IS a Ferrari

But, seriously, the gestures by both McLaren and Ferrari are appreciated.

Although, to tell you the truth, I was slightly hoping Ferrari would've gone a bit farther and painted the car either like the American flag or have used scarlet red instead
Old 16 Sep 2001, 00:38 (Ref:146805)   #22
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:"For those who dislike Ron: wolud this (donation) at lest a bit change your opinion?"

Quote:"Ron, and McLaren for that matter, had absolutely nothing to do with this. The donation was made by the Daimler-Chrysler Corporation who supply McLarens' engines and do own a minority share of the team. Nothing against Ron and the team, but lets give credit where it's due."

Hmmm...to the first quote: NO! Sure i appreciate the action of donations. But as Max put it, the finances were made not from Ron's pockets... but is from Mclaren, or more specifically, its technical partner. It would change my opinion of Mclaren slightly, maybe i'd be thankful for it, but no, Ron is still Ron and i am still me (for reasosns see below)

To the 2nd quote, as much as i admit my dislike to Ron, i would like to say that of the 1million dollar donations, Mclaren actually foot the minor fraction of it. Its not a fully Mclaren or a D-C effort. Mclaren themselves donated hundreds of thousands (approx $300,000) while D-C pick up the rest. So credit has to be given due to Mclaren too...BUT not to Ron...because Ron didnt take the money from his pocket!

In fact, i'd like to point out that my dislike for him had in fact deepened when i read the interview. Initially, when i first heard the news, i was impressed. But upon reading the interview, i cannot believe that at such depressing moments of time, Ron still had the cheek and insensitivity of using this opportunity to have a dig at Ferrari. "As a team RATHER THAN MAKE SOME TOKEN OF GESTURE we have founded a special fund for the children of the victims," said Dennis.
Obviously directed at Ferrari's good nature decision to run without liveries. Sorry Ron, but personally, i think respect and sympathy are more important that just cold hard cash, and believe me, Mclaren's money isnt making a big impact for the victims loss. Your words are totally showing no respect for the victims...

Somehow, i just think Ron is suffering from serious inferior-complex, and while i can forgive him always making silly digs at Ferrari (ie Signing of Kimi "...instead of a no.2 blah") to boost his own ego and face, this only shows Ron's real stupidity and sore attitude. It even makes me question the real meaning of Mclaren's donation...

Sorry for putting up with my complains..but its my heartfelt words...

Last edited by Gt_R; 16 Sep 2001 at 00:41.
Old 16 Sep 2001, 00:47 (Ref:146808)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
GT_R, I knew it from start, but I decided not to post it.

It seems like these days days we're walking on eggs...

Old 16 Sep 2001, 02:53 (Ref:146841)   #24
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not me Bon,

"I'm walkin' on Sunshine, Wooooooooooo..ooooo

And don't it feel good, Oh yeah"

PS Juan is on pole
Old 16 Sep 2001, 11:09 (Ref:146898)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Sure Alan !