Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Oct 2003, 10:49 (Ref:741737)   #1
DavidDowse
Rookie

DavidDowse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Morgan goes down under

News from Morgan

MORGAN MAGIC FLIES IN TO BATHURST

For immediate release, 06/10/03
The Morgan Aero 8 GT Cup race car, fresh from a stunning first season in the British GT Championship, is en route to thrill the crowds at Australia’s Bathurst 24 Hour race in November.

The Morgan will be piloted by New Zealand-born GT ace Neil Cunningham, along with his race-winning young partner Adam Sharpe. The pair were originally booked to drive the Maserati Trofeo, but were recalled by their regular private team boss Richard Thorne when the last-minute, factory-supported Morgan entry was confirmed. Two further drivers are expected to be confirmed shortly.

One of the world’s oldest and most revered racing marques, for many people Morgan represents the true spirit of GT racing. The name generates enormous interest wherever it goes, and with bright young talent like 19 Year old Adam Sharpe behind the wheel of the Aero 8, with its advanced aluminium-chassis and BMW V8 engine, Morgan is now firing the imaginations of new generations of race fans.

The private Bathurst entry is being supported by the official Morgan Works Team, which views the Australian outing as an important step towards its ambitions at Le Mans next year.

Commenting, David Dowse, Manager of the Morgan Works Race Team, said:

“We’re really delighted that the many Morgan fans in Australia will get the chance to see the Aero 8 in action, and everyone is excited to see what Neil and Adam’s team can do in a 24 hour race. They’ve proved to be a winning combination in the British GT this season, and it was a real treat to watch them steal a memorable win over Porsche, Lotus and Ferrari in the last round of the season at Brands Hatch. The car’s on great form, and so are the drivers. I think we’re in for a real show to remember in Australia.”

The Richard Thorne Team finished the season in second place in the British Championship, just 14 points behind a highly developed and well-funded Porsche 911 – a fantastic achievement for a new team and a car in its first season of racing.

The Australian race takes place over the weekend of 22/23 November, and fans not lucky enough to be there will be able to follow the Morgan team’s progress via a special website at www.morganatbathurst.com

Ends.

For a selection of images of the Morgan race car and drivers, please visit the media centre at www.morgan-motor.co.uk

For further media information, please contact David Dowse, Transmission PR, +44(0)1285 659571 email david.dowse@transmissionpr.co.uk
Old 6 Oct 2003, 11:32 (Ref:741772)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to see the Morgans going to Bathurst, just a shame its not the full works team, with the NGT spec Areo 8.
Old 6 Oct 2003, 11:51 (Ref:741793)   #3
DavidDowse
Rookie

DavidDowse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks for your good wishes. We are hoping that the works team will be busy at the Bugatti Circuit Le Mans 1000km race earlier in November, and the logistics to do both were a touch challenging. We think the Cup car will give a good show in Group 2 at Bathurst. Fingers crossed for the Bugatti entry!

best wishes
David Dowse
Old 6 Oct 2003, 11:55 (Ref:741798)   #4
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good luck with both events!
Old 6 Oct 2003, 12:09 (Ref:741812)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I wish them the best of luck too. I definitely have a soft spot for the Morgan!
Old 6 Oct 2003, 13:03 (Ref:741896)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Yes, I wish them the best of luck too. I definitely have a soft spot for the Morgan!
And the Debora too ! Shame they've so few chances to come back in LM... or maybe for 1000 kms ?

... hum...
Old 6 Oct 2003, 17:54 (Ref:742180)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes good luck, I have too say I have been impressed with the Morgan everytime I have seen it this year in the British GT Championship.
Old 7 Oct 2003, 02:57 (Ref:742514)   #8
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see Morgan making the trip downunder. The Aussie fans will give you a great welcome. Good Luck.
Old 9 Oct 2003, 12:23 (Ref:745136)   #9
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The aero 8 is a fantastic car, I would,love to be there to see it charging around the mountain.