Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 May 2021, 15:50 (Ref:4053180)   #2176
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ha! Thanks.
Old 24 May 2021, 16:18 (Ref:4053186)   #2177
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
The Alan Partridge of the pitlane.
Old 24 May 2021, 16:53 (Ref:4053194)   #2178
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Nice tribute to Johnny Rutherford by Danny Ric there
Old 28 Jun 2021, 10:18 (Ref:4058594)   #2179
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Soo due to Covid, we lost Billy Monger and Steve Jones , plus the chap who does the paddock talk and the new C4 commentator, but we gained Ben Edwards. Got to say it was a much more pleasant experience.
Old 28 Jun 2021, 10:31 (Ref:4058595)   #2180
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I actually like the new guy, but it was good to have Ben Edwards back.
Old 28 Jun 2021, 10:41 (Ref:4058603)   #2181
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Always interesting on here!
Read the Monaco stuff forgetting that’s is the only race that’s covered by the local TV production team.
Ted may be controversial but he is a character and looking at others it needs a spark.
All three daily recent F1 drivers are very good explaining what’s happening.
Probable Brundle is past his sell by date and his son is hopeless for F2/3 coverage.
Suppose the TV people have to provide coverage for many countries and the varied sections of F1 audience.Fanboys, old rivet counters and casual viewers
At least many races like yesterday’s and the casual lot will fade away which will give the Yanks a few more reasons to screw up the operation and turn it into their idea of entertainment not a sport.
It’s now going to be pushed towards the Tic Toc generation led by Lando .
Old 28 Jun 2021, 10:44 (Ref:4058607)   #2182
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
While I have no problem with Alex Jacques, it was nice to hear Ben Edwards again. It was like he had never been away from Channel 4. He was on top form with both F1 and W Series. Nice to hear ‘lights out away we go’ again

Also thought DC did a brilliant job hosting the show, especially as he’s not a natural at it like Steve Jones
Old 28 Jun 2021, 12:14 (Ref:4058620)   #2183
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Soo due to Covid, we lost Billy Monger and Steve Jones , plus the chap who does the paddock talk and the new C4 commentator, but we gained Ben Edwards. Got to say it was a much more pleasant experience.
I thought it actually showed what a good job Steve Jones does - the sections in the paddock weren't anywhere near as smooth as they usually are.
Old 28 Jun 2021, 12:15 (Ref:4058621)   #2184
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I thought it actually showed what a good job Steve Jones does - the sections in the paddock weren't anywhere near as smooth as they usually are.
Hence why I used the sad emoji for both his and Billy's absence.
Old 28 Jun 2021, 12:33 (Ref:4058626)   #2185
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Hence why I used the sad emoji for both his and Billy's absence.
Ah - I read "Got to say it was a much more pleasant experience." as applying to the whole show rather than just the return of Ben Edwards.
Old 28 Jun 2021, 17:07 (Ref:4058696)   #2186
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Interesting that Ben Edwards was not actually in Austria.... according to this article linked below, he did the commentary remotely from the UK. Just like the old days when they did not travel to all the races.
https://www.motorsportweek.com/2021/...ve-covid-test/
Old 28 Jun 2021, 17:20 (Ref:4058698)   #2187
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I had guessed as much but thanks for confirming.
Old 28 Jun 2021, 17:53 (Ref:4058703)   #2188
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Interesting that Ben Edwards was not actually in Austria.... according to this article linked below, he did the commentary remotely from the UK. Just like the old days when they did not travel to all the races.

I seem to remember reading that for the 1976 Japanese GP the BBC had Murray in the London studio and Barry Gill at the track. Just like how they did it in Austria, with Ben in the UK and DC at the track
Old 28 Jun 2021, 18:24 (Ref:4058711)   #2189
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I seem to remember reading that for the 1976 Japanese GP the BBC had Murray in the London studio and Barry Gill at the track. Just like how they did it in Austria, with Ben in the UK and DC at the track
James and Murray both commented on the 1993 Canadian GP from Shepherd's Bush studios just a couple of days before James died. James had cycled from his Wimbledon home to do the commentary then cycled home, as part of his clean living regime he was doing. So it was happening still in 1993
Old 28 Jun 2021, 21:33 (Ref:4058745)   #2190
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Alice Powell let slip during F2 commentary in Baku that they weren't at the venue but in the UK.
Old 28 Jun 2021, 21:36 (Ref:4058747)   #2191
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As an aside, Alice was very very definitely in Austria at the weekend, providing a dominant qualifying and race to P1 in W Series. Great podium there, too, with her, Sarah Moore & Fabienne Wohlwend.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 19:39 (Ref:4058906)   #2192
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
James and Murray both commented on the 1993 Canadian GP from Shepherd's Bush studios just a couple of days before James died. James had cycled from his Wimbledon home to do the commentary then cycled home, as part of his clean living regime he was doing. So it was happening still in 1993

I know about that. I was referring more to one commentator being at the track and the other in England on the same network
Old 29 Jun 2021, 22:03 (Ref:4058936)   #2193
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Often Murray would fly out to the circuit, do some interviews and then return to England on the Sunday morning to do the commentary.
Old 3 Jul 2021, 13:42 (Ref:4059566)   #2194
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WHT DOES DAVID CROFT HAVE TO SHOUT?????!
Old 3 Jul 2021, 14:14 (Ref:4059573)   #2195
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the 80's a lot of BBC F1 commentary was done from a tv studio in London, as it cut down on costs. The Beed could not afford to send Murray and Co to the likes of Brazil, Mexico etc.
Old 3 Jul 2021, 14:30 (Ref:4059589)   #2196
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post

He gets excited?
Old 3 Jul 2021, 15:04 (Ref:4059601)   #2197
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Because he commentates with passion and enthusiasm?

Why can't people use the volume control on their devices.
Old 3 Jul 2021, 15:39 (Ref:4059605)   #2198
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why can't people use the volume control on their devices. [/QUOTE]

I do I turn it down to '2' because otherwise I get wound up, not just by his shouting but by the drivel he comes out with.

i always have the volume on 'normal' for the F2 / F3 where the commentators are more knowledgeable and less excitable.
Old 4 Jul 2021, 00:59 (Ref:4059642)   #2199
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Not just shout - he goes into full high-pitched shriek territory - hence me referring to him as the squeaky shrieker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
He gets excited?
Maybe he does (a little) but I think that it is far more contrived than that. He goes into full-bore shriek mode regularly at the end of Q3 and end of races - knowing full well that those sections will go into highlights cuts and appear on news sites. He can do that even when a driver wins by a large margin or is on pole by a large margin - contrived "excitement".

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post

I do I turn it down to '2' because otherwise I get wound up, not just by his shouting but by the drivel he comes out with.

i always have the volume on 'normal' for the F2 / F3 where the commentators are more knowledgeable and less excitable.
Agree - I'm often ready with the volume for the usual timing of Croft's shrieks - problem of course is that it makes it harder to hear what his co-commentators, with actual knowledge, are saying.
Old 4 Jul 2021, 06:14 (Ref:4059655)   #2200
S griffin
Veteran

Agree about Crofty. He used to be so good on the radio. Now he just bellows at nearly every passing move or incident. It's like he wants to big himself up. Ben Edwards on C4 is showing how it should be done

Tags
pinks