Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 4 Aug 2003, 11:44 (Ref:679465)   #1
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You are all mad !

Firstly, I have decided that anyone who stands in a feild all night with only a hay bail for protection, just so we can mow the grass is bonkers, loopy, mad and a total fruitcake.

Second, Thanks for staying there for the whole event, and taking such good care of me when I was MOWED down from behind after nearly 12 hours. I felt no pain in my ankle at all until the NHS got hold of me. I had always presummed you guys would do a good job in that situation but you where all exceptional. I have been told to rest my ribs and ankle and have some wonderfull pain killers but this meens no

Third, Thanks for looking after the future Mrs. Heath, she and I both appreciate you guys helping dismantle our pits and pack it into the car.

Cheers again

You are one and all

Last edited by PenelopePitstop; 4 Aug 2003 at 11:47.
Old 4 Aug 2003, 11:52 (Ref:679472)   #2
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The trick is to stand behind the bale, not fall asleep on it!

Having never marshalled lawnmowers before, I would suggest that the only thing madder than marshalling the things is actually racing one! Still each to their own I suppose. I'd also just like to say a quick thanks to Richard and the rest of the "regulars" for making the event so enjoyable. Roll on next year .
Old 4 Aug 2003, 12:17 (Ref:679510)   #3
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The trick is to stand behind the bale, not fall asleep on it!
- Was it you who had woken me up a few minutes earlier to say I was on T.V? But I was mowed down from behind while looking at the bit of track in front of me, this seems to be a risk you guys take every weekend.

Quote:
I would suggest that the only thing madder than marshalling the things is actually racing one!
This is probably true but you try getting on a lawn mower and racing it for 12 hours throughout the night and then not laugh the entire time you are on the thing, it really is great fun.
Old 4 Aug 2003, 14:04 (Ref:679633)   #4
Andrew Palmer
Veteran

England
Peterborough
Andrew Palmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After my second year of mower racing one wet the other dry try to keep me away. As for who's the maddeess I think both sides are about equal.

Any way I have a Certificate from a Doctor saying I'm not insane!! But define normal?

Great racing more lapping's of back markers than a MG Metro race not counting number 19.

I shall be back next year.

Look after the ankle and get that grass mown.

Last edited by Andrew Palmer; 4 Aug 2003 at 14:05.
Old 4 Aug 2003, 15:06 (Ref:679687)   #5
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Penelope it was good to hear it was nothing serious and you are well on the way to recovary. Hopefully for Snett.
I will be sending out letters soon but from me and Lisa a huge huge thank you for all the efforts from all the marshalls involved for making it the best year we have had. Probably due to the weather.
This year we had an entry of 45 mowers over 4 classes and I think 30+ finished. Sky news came to show live the end of the race.
So again the marshals showed every skill in the book was used at some stage to the highest standard and you should all pat yourselfes on the back. We had a couple of drivers taken to the Red Cross but nothing serious. We have already started making plans for 04.
Once again guys and gals a big thank you and of course a big thank you to the BLMRA for there hospitality everyone got 2 food vouchers for the wagon and a huge choccy bag, tea and coffee through the event and cold drinks, and a club sew on patch and another goody bag from items I was donated for this. on the raffle there was 2 vouchers for a new pair of marshalls overalls, an NGK watch kindly donated by them, 3 copies Signed of Jim Bambers book and unsigned copies, Kuhmo mugs, cartoon posters, a Williams model from themselves, An F1 book from Damon Tweeks, and a pair of race gloves from Dragon Racewear. and a few more prizes as well. Each marshal won at least 1 prize and some 2.
See you all in 2004.
Rich S.
Old 4 Aug 2003, 17:51 (Ref:679817)   #6
peter195001
Racer

peter195001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes must be mad. glad to here you a going to "alright" in the not to distant furture

did "enjoy" event might be back next next year.

peter