Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 24 May 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3252627)   #1
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2013 Indianapolis 500 Race

Saw this at racertv.com.
Great intro from the 2011 race. This will get you pumped up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vkito3LZ1_4#!
Old 25 May 2013, 13:02 (Ref:3253035)   #2
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone know if anyone other than ESPN is showing the race in the UK?
Old 25 May 2013, 13:19 (Ref:3253039)   #3
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Anyone know if anyone other than ESPN is showing the race in the UK?
See if this helps.
http://indycaruk.weebly.com/2013-ind...le--uk-tv.html
Old 25 May 2013, 13:44 (Ref:3253048)   #4
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Thank you
Although it does confirm that only ESPN is showing it - looks like I'll be forced to find an online alternative.
Old 25 May 2013, 20:17 (Ref:3253154)   #5
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
NOT liking the Weather Forecasts and Trends for Indianapolis tomorrow.
Old 25 May 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3253178)   #6
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And Monday get worse... Hopefully they can get it in tomorrow AND we can see it on TV if there are delays.
Old 25 May 2013, 21:46 (Ref:3253190)   #7
canamman
Veteran

United States
Anyone know what the rainout / complete race rules are. Is it 50% of laps
can be called a complete race? I looked , but could not find the regs.
Old 25 May 2013, 22:07 (Ref:3253197)   #8
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Anyone know what the rainout / complete race rules are. Is it 50% of laps
can be called a complete race? I looked , but could not find the regs.
It's 50% as far as I know. I'm wondering what the TV coverage plan is regarding a rain delay. Don't know if ABC would stay until the end or dump it over to ESPN.
Old 25 May 2013, 22:57 (Ref:3253206)   #9
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It'll be dry as you like out in Charlotte. It always rains for Indycar in every sense.

That said, the Coke 600 is far more likely to be a duller race than the 500. The 500 usually delivers the goods.
Old 25 May 2013, 23:26 (Ref:3253211)   #10
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marty Reid is head announcer for the race. It was sure nice to hear Bob Jenkins' voice during some of the practice and qualifying sessions, he is the voice of Indy to me. They really need to do something to improve the announcers on the ABC broadcasts. Oh wait, they need to improve everything.
Old 25 May 2013, 23:35 (Ref:3253214)   #11
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Marty Reid is head announcer for the race. It was sure nice to hear Bob Jenkins' voice during some of the practice and qualifying sessions, he is the voice of Indy to me. They really need to do something to improve the announcers on the ABC broadcasts. Oh wait, they need to improve everything.
I do not think I could listen to a 3 hour rain delay of mindless interviews
in the paddock that we have all ready heard this week. I will turn on the DVR and go to the backyard and pull weeds in the garden.
Old 26 May 2013, 01:05 (Ref:3253232)   #12
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Hah! I tune in to the 500 every year hoping that Bob Jenkins is gone. So much so, I put him in the same category as Brent Musberger for a college football game.

No matter who calls it, or who takes the green flag, this is the best motor race of the year - every year.
Old 26 May 2013, 01:10 (Ref:3253233)   #13
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
It'll be dry as you like out in Charlotte. It always rains for Indycar in every sense.

That said, the Coke 600 is far more likely to be a duller race than the 500. The 500 usually delivers the goods.

Monaco: Usually a 2 nap strategy, watch the start, go to sleep, watch first round of pitstops then go back to bed and then watch the closing laps. Usually nothing happens unless it's wet or it's one of those attrition races where the leaders all have issues. Rare dry exception was 2011.

Indy: Usually a Thrilling race, with some exceptions (cough 2008, cough 2009) and nearly always exciting. Although I hate a green cold racetrack at Indy as it becomes a crashfest. 2006 and 2012 hot and slick were the best recent runnings. USUALLY best race of weekend although NOTHING will top Indy Lights, sorry.

Charlotte: Either hit or miss. Really exciting or Really Boring. Boring races like 2012 and 2010 put me on a 2 nap Monaco-esque strategy but 2011 and 2008 were really good editions. 2007 was cool as well with Mears winning.
Old 26 May 2013, 01:21 (Ref:3253237)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN View Post
Hah! I tune in to the 500 every year hoping that Bob Jenkins is gone. So much so, I put him in the same category as Brent Musberger for a college football game.
I actually have grown to like Musberger; it's always a fun game to play for the first quarter or so to try and figure out who he has his money on.

And even though I used to love Bob Jenkins, he seems to have a couple of lose wires these days.

But after the last 2 or 3 years of not being able to view the 500 live, I am very much looking forward to a full day's worth of motor racing tomorrow; naps or no naps

And really hope the weather holds out to get the full show in, uninterrupted.
Old 26 May 2013, 02:07 (Ref:3253245)   #15
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I might watch Monaco, if I wake up early enough.
Always catch Indy every year.
Coca-Cola 600: only the last ten minutes are important with the current NASCAR rules. I'll probably skip that race.
Old 26 May 2013, 02:36 (Ref:3253252)   #16
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Yet the 500 will likely get about the same viewership as a random stock car cup race from Martinsville. The Indianapolis 500 is the only major U.S. sporting event to have a drop of more than 75% in the last 20 years.

Talk about a failure to promote, or are people generally just uninterested in what Indy provides? The Hulman family should be ashamed as the only thing they care about is turning in people through the turnstiles, many of whom are college drunks who will not watch or support another Indycar race.
Old 26 May 2013, 02:39 (Ref:3253253)   #17
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village

Currently raining in Speedway, IN, light though, the dark green to the South is the serious stuff. More showers expected to form. Some positive trends from WISHTV 8 though
Old 26 May 2013, 10:08 (Ref:3253328)   #18
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a live stream?
Old 26 May 2013, 10:36 (Ref:3253336)   #19
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
Is there a live stream?
See if this link will work for you at race time.
http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway...e_sidebar=true

If the stream is good or not usually depends on how robust your equipment is and how much traffic is at the site. Worth a shot.

The weather radar and forecasts dont seem to match up in Indy or Charlotte this morning. Rain or Shine, this is still the greatest day of the year for motorsports.

Time to get ready for Monaco.
Old 26 May 2013, 11:56 (Ref:3253370)   #20
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Pretty cool I've managed to somehow post a weather radar image that updates itself.

Looks like only a thin line of rain that may even miss the track so even if it hits it will only be a rain delay.

Temps at start expected to be 60 degrees and cloudy, better warm up those Firestones in the pace laps!
Old 26 May 2013, 13:48 (Ref:3253416)   #21
canamman
Veteran

United States
Just saw a live stream of the weather forecast in Indy channel 6 news.
We should get an on time dry start. I maybe would think of a 100 lap strategy.
Old 26 May 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3253455)   #22
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Mike Pence, Governor Corporate Welfare at the track today, and Michael Pena. Some music acts as well, colts players, can't find any other celebrities.
Old 26 May 2013, 14:43 (Ref:3253462)   #23
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Got up early to watch Monaco, will watch every lap of Indy and every lap of Charlotte.

Wow, I really need to rethink my life...
Old 26 May 2013, 16:13 (Ref:3253504)   #24
canamman
Veteran

United States
Here we go-Dry Start!
Old 26 May 2013, 16:16 (Ref:3253505)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks overcast and not all the seats are sold but it looks like most have been.