Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 26 May 2013, 16:16 (Ref:3253506)   #26
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Got up early to watch Monaco, will watch every lap of Indy and every lap of Charlotte.

Wow, I really need to rethink my life...
Been doing it for 35 years, this is life, and one of the better parts I might add.
Old 26 May 2013, 16:23 (Ref:3253509)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hildebrand out and the first yellow.
Old 26 May 2013, 16:27 (Ref:3253511)   #28
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched all of Monaco, will hopefully get to see all of Indy, Charlotte not so much.

Already more passes than at monte carlo lol
Old 26 May 2013, 17:11 (Ref:3253530)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sato just saved that.
Old 26 May 2013, 17:15 (Ref:3253533)   #30
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Got up early to watch Monaco, will watch every lap of Indy and every lap of Charlotte.

That was my plan, but think I wasted most of the morning with Monaco. Wow was it dull for most of the race. It seems like Indy will be a 500 mile endurance race with a sprint after the last stop, didn't seem like anyone wanted to lead and Marco's radio sounded like he felt fuel management was going overboard.
Old 26 May 2013, 17:31 (Ref:3253542)   #31
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

I am in that situation, but I am not re-thinking anything.

I don't keep archives anymore, so I have done my compromising!
Old 26 May 2013, 17:33 (Ref:3253545)   #32
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
That was my plan, but think I wasted most of the morning with Monaco. Wow was it dull for most of the race. It seems like Indy will be a 500 mile endurance race with a sprint after the last stop, didn't seem like anyone wanted to lead and Marco's radio sounded like he felt fuel management was going overboard.
Yeah started to get the feeling I went from watching tire management to fuel management
Old 26 May 2013, 17:34 (Ref:3253546)   #33
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
So Power's in the lead. I'd laugh if he won.
Old 26 May 2013, 17:35 (Ref:3253547)   #34
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Why?
Old 26 May 2013, 17:38 (Ref:3253548)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post
Why?
Well, he's not exactly the driver you would expect to win it, .
Old 26 May 2013, 18:05 (Ref:3253558)   #36
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Does anyone else think it is highly ironic that they finally, with the new car, managed to break the cycle of Indy 500s where passing never happened after it is all too late?
Old 26 May 2013, 18:07 (Ref:3253560)   #37
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hinchtown needs an underware change next pit. No hands on wheel !
Old 26 May 2013, 18:36 (Ref:3253573)   #38
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ABC doing well to inundate the American public with as many product advertisements as possible and try to justify it by giving us the smallest window possible in side-by-side. #Joke
Old 26 May 2013, 18:43 (Ref:3253577)   #39
canamman
Veteran

United States
If you are awake, here are the money laps we have been waiting for.
(I nodded off for about 30 laps)
Old 26 May 2013, 18:52 (Ref:3253580)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Full course yellow and five laps to go.
Old 26 May 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3253582)   #41
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just turned into a stream 10 laps ago or so. Feeling kinda nervous now. I hope Kanaan gets it.
Old 26 May 2013, 18:56 (Ref:3253583)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
TKs got this in the bag with this second yellow in a row.
Old 26 May 2013, 18:57 (Ref:3253584)   #43
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Robbed of another finish for the second year in a row

Congrats pace car on back to back 500 wins -_-;
Old 26 May 2013, 19:01 (Ref:3253586)   #44
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to TK but the irony is it was last years winner who brought out that last yellow.
Old 26 May 2013, 19:01 (Ref:3253588)   #45
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They should use the 2002 CART red flag rules from 5-3 to go.

But what a job by Tony Kanaan!
Old 26 May 2013, 19:04 (Ref:3253590)   #46
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More Proof that Dario Franchitti is the ultimate buzzkill...
Old 26 May 2013, 19:07 (Ref:3253592)   #47
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
More Proof that Dario Franchitti is the ultimate buzzkill...
He's certainly had a rubbish season so far.
Old 26 May 2013, 19:08 (Ref:3253593)   #48
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great win for Tony and Jimmy! Congrats to them.
Old 26 May 2013, 19:09 (Ref:3253594)   #49
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
A finish under yellow, for Indycar's biggest race of the year? That, and the ugly cars, continues to show how brain dead this series is. Ugh
Old 26 May 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3253595)   #50
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Like I said, red flag the race and stop counting the laps with 5-2 to go. It's worked before in CART, short track racing, and a 1 lap shootout isn't a big deal as they did it in 1997.

They also used it at Fontana in 2002.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 26 May 2013 at 19:17.