Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Mar 2014, 10:35 (Ref:3377014)   #51
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It may actually be easier to watch at 10pm than live with many people busy doing other things during the day, plus those at the event will have time to get home to watch the replay.
Old 10 Mar 2014, 19:09 (Ref:3377156)   #52
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this thread proves what I have been saying for years, no-one gives a flying **** about how many punters rock on through the gates, all they give a **** about is the TV and TV rights - **** V8Supercars
Old 10 Mar 2014, 21:00 (Ref:3377195)   #53
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
this thread proves what I have been saying for years, no-one gives a flying **** about how many punters rock on through the gates, all they give a **** about is the TV and TV rights - **** V8Supercars
just saying see my post at comment 48.

Im of the opinion the new tv deal could mean larger race crowds
Old 10 Mar 2014, 21:07 (Ref:3377198)   #54
samoaair707
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
samoaair707 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I for one wont bother watching next year.1 hour highlight package will be a joke,take in 20 minutes of ads,20 minutes of talking crap and we will be flat out getting 20 minutes of racing at all.
On a positive note will free up more time to actively watch racing at club meets,speedway and drag racing so will just invest my time and money there.
v8supercars arent the be all to end all and there are other options out there which I will exercise
Old 10 Mar 2014, 21:13 (Ref:3377205)   #55
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by samoaair707 View Post
Well I for one wont bother watching next year.1 hour highlight package will be a joke,take in 20 minutes of ads,20 minutes of talking crap and we will be flat out getting 20 minutes of racing at all.
On a positive note will free up more time to actively watch racing at club meets,speedway and drag racing so will just invest my time and money there.
v8supercars arent the be all to end all and there are other options out there which I will exercise
so suddenly you are going to go from couch potato to active attendee. good, thats whats CAMS want

Reckon with all the the money you will spend going to those races you would be able to have Foxtel and change and be able to watch a lot more awesome motorsport (and some not so awesome) from a round the world.
Old 10 Mar 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3377213)   #56
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Actually im thinking the audience will be bigger with the highlights package. No need for casual viewer to waste their afternoon watching the telecast and all the fill, now you can just join in in prime time on a Saturday or late afternoon on a sunday and watch the sponsors product on TV. No evidence to suggest contrary.
On the contrary where is the evidence to support this theory?

What % of the total audience is the 'casual viewer'?

On one hand you say how important it is for fans to have practice, qualifying and racing as this increased content is what will increase the television audience but on the other you now say that the reduced coverage is better for ratings?????

Quote:
Dont think anyone will be watching Shannons nationals while the v8s are on.
But they wont be able to watch the V8's live if they dont have foxtel...............which is 2/3rds of Australia.
Old 10 Mar 2014, 22:49 (Ref:3377246)   #57
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
But they wont be able to watch the V8's live if they dont have foxtel...............which is 2/3rds of Australia.
and most can't afford to purchase it or will not purchase it just to watch V8Superflogs
Old 10 Mar 2014, 23:44 (Ref:3377257)   #58
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All of the 2014 Clipsal 500 V8 Supercars coverage is on Youtube. It can't be too hard, right?
Old 10 Mar 2014, 23:53 (Ref:3377260)   #59
samoaair707
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
samoaair707 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
so suddenly you are going to go from couch potato to active attendee. good, thats whats CAMS want

Reckon with all the the money you will spend going to those races you would be able to have Foxtel and change and be able to watch a lot more awesome motorsport (and some not so awesome) from a round the world.
Gee Peckstar,good to see with your one eyed one track mind view that you seem to know everything.
I actively go to one of the local tracks every weekend,either Morgan Park,Lakeside or QR or the speedway as well as being actively involved in drag racing.
The weekends the v8s are on currently I don't attend any live racing but will free up 14 extra weekends next year to do this.
Who is the couch potato,with over 9000 posts you must really be setting the example of an active individual who gets out there
Old 11 Mar 2014, 03:19 (Ref:3377288)   #60
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigs fly View Post
...it's about putting them in the picture over the fact there will be less viewers on Foxtel compared to FTA & the sponsors possible loss of income/revenue from the smaller viewing audience...
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
They reference media value - regardless of how much content is provided if less eyeballs are watching it this results in less value.
What you may be missing from the equation is not the total number of viewers but rather the type of viewer. The type of viewer to have Foxtel may be more affluent, have a larger disposable income and in a far better position to spend $ on advertised products.

The Foxtel deal may provide better targeting of products to consumers.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 03:41 (Ref:3377292)   #61
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
What you may be missing from the equation is not the total number of viewers but rather the type of viewer. The type of viewer to have Foxtel may be more affluent, have a larger disposable income and in a far better position to spend $ on advertised products.

The Foxtel deal may provide better targeting of products to consumers.
It may, however is there anything to suggest the foxtel consumer demographics match V8SA demographics?

In theory what you suggest is quite plausible but based on what has been put forward by V8SA, they have prioritised Foxtel over FTA for getting cash to their teams rather than giving coverage to their fan base.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 05:40 (Ref:3377308)   #62
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by samoaair707 View Post
Gee Peckstar,good to see with your one eyed one track mind view that you seem to know everything.
I actively go to one of the local tracks every weekend,either Morgan Park,Lakeside or QR or the speedway as well as being actively involved in drag racing.
The weekends the v8s are on currently I don't attend any live racing but will free up 14 extra weekends next year to do this.
Who is the couch potato,with over 9000 posts you must really be setting the example of an active individual who gets out there
Gottcha!
Old 11 Mar 2014, 06:41 (Ref:3377314)   #63
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HEY everybody go and read MOTO GP UK TV COVERAGE thread its so similar to our situation its not funny.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 06:17 (Ref:3380310)   #64
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos WTF View Post
And whats YOUR solution to this shafting of the fans?

I'm listening. But not holding my breath.

Still waiting.............................
Old 16 Mar 2014, 21:26 (Ref:3380784)   #65
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You will be waiting a long time the keyboard warrior (peckstar) is keeping his head down after samoaair 707 called his bluff.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 22:33 (Ref:3380816)   #66
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos WTF View Post
And whats YOUR solution to this shafting of the fans?

I'm listening. But not holding my breath.
For a start I don't feel like they are shafting the fans.
Now I'm really struggling to see how your little crusade is any sort of solution?
A deal has been signed, it will go ahead wether you like it or not. So all you will possibly achieve be contacting sponsors with your dissatisfaction of the deal is potentially pull out of the sport.
Hmmm more money being pulled out of the sport is a great solution.......

Now if FTA networks weren't willing to put up the cash what else do you expect them to do?
Before the current deal was signed with channel 7, the other networks said they weren't interested in the series!

For all we know channel 10 could be getting the 6 races dirt cheap because Fox wanted the rest and took a hit on those.

I know when the time comes I'll be watching the Fox version over the Ch10. Take the F1 coverage for example, I seen more crap about celebrities than motorsport!

You seem so passionate about your sport but yet you don't want to pay anything for the privilege?

I don't have to put a solution forward because I don't think it's a problem. You do
Old 16 Mar 2014, 22:58 (Ref:3380826)   #67
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by velly4 View Post
So all you will possibly achieve be contacting sponsors with your dissatisfaction of the deal is potentially pull out of the sport.
This is exactly what we should hope for. V8 Supercar won't listen to the fans but it will take notice of sponsors money leaving the category.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 23:08 (Ref:3380832)   #68
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
This is exactly what we should hope for. V8 Supercar won't listen to the fans but it will take notice of sponsors money leaving the category.
I'm sorry but I must be missing something?
As far as I was aware the deal has been signed and is not in the negotiations stage.

Are people forgetting who owns Fox? Do you think V8SA has enough money to fight Murdoch in court because they pulled out of the signed contract?

There is only 2 ways the Tv deal won't go ahead. V8SA go belly up or Fox pulls out.

Also not all fans are upset with this deal.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 23:28 (Ref:3380840)   #69
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Also not all fans are upset with this deal.
Myself included.

With any luck, the condensed FTA dead will see much less filler content, and more acutual race coverage.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 23:38 (Ref:3380846)   #70
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
For a start I don't feel like they are shafting the fans.
So all you will possibly achieve be contacting sponsors with your dissatisfaction of the deal is potentially pull out of the sport.
So for those who dont have access to Foxtel, how is it not shafting them?

If sponsors pulled out and went to other categories in motorsport, is that such a bad thing?

Quote:
Now if FTA networks weren't willing to put up the cash what else do you expect them to do?

For all we know channel 10 could be getting the 6 races dirt cheap because Fox wanted the rest and took a hit on those.
I think it is pretty evident that 10 is probably paying commerical value for the V8s. The teams are struggling for $$$ and Foxtel are clearly paying overs on the deal to get exclusive live coverage.

Quote:
You seem so passionate about your sport but yet you don't want to pay anything for the privilege?
Pay for the privilege? I am not sure you understand the expectations built up over the last 30 odd years for Australian motorsport.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 23:51 (Ref:3380851)   #71
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigs fly View Post
You will be waiting a long time the keyboard warrior (peckstar) is keeping his head down after samoaair 707 called his bluff.
Wasn't for me to respond to that question.

I'm better off under the deal, so i wont be complaining. I reckon its great. Cant wait to see more live v8s than we have ever seen before.

In fact as I've said I've already written to the sponsors saying how great the new deal will be for them.

And the best thing is that it will get rid of people on here who continually complain about the product because they wont be watching any more
Old 17 Mar 2014, 00:07 (Ref:3380856)   #72
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Myself included.

With any luck, the condensed FTA dead will see much less filler content, and more acutual race coverage.
We're not going to see all the races except for those 6 major events. The rest are going to be shown in 1 hour highlights packages. So we will see a lot less racing. A least now we see all the races in full less the commercials.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 00:13 (Ref:3380858)   #73
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
We're not going to see all the races except for those 6 major events. The rest are going to be shown in 1 hour highlights packages. So we will see a lot less racing. A least now we see all the races in full less the commercials.
Sure we are, if you have Fox.

Now just like everything else, if you want the best of something you pay for it.

Same as every other sport
Old 17 Mar 2014, 00:16 (Ref:3380859)   #74
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Channel 10 had better keep their presenters updated ... had to have a cynical chuckle when one of them commented on air yesterday about how 10 would be giving us all the V8 races live and exclusive!

As for the FTA vs Fox discussion, I'm over it. Won't be getting Foxtel, will make do with the highlights package for those races. The $8-900 Foxtel would cost me is better spent elsewhere, can probably do 2 or 3 track days for that.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 01:01 (Ref:3380876)   #75
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post
Channel 10 had better keep their presenters updated ... had to have a cynical chuckle when one of them commented on air yesterday about how 10 would be giving us all the V8 races live and exclusive!

As for the FTA vs Fox discussion, I'm over it. Won't be getting Foxtel, will make do with the highlights package for those races. The $8-900 Foxtel would cost me is better spent elsewhere, can probably do 2 or 3 track days for that.
think that will be the attitude of most fans who dont have foxtel,