Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 May 2014, 12:16 (Ref:3407239)   #1
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why no podium for all races?

As the title suggests, I am wondering why the winners of the first race on the Saturday only get a very non ceremonial handing of their trophy after the race, and not a celebratory visit to the podium.

I noticed that Coulthard made reference after race 15 on missing out on spraying the champagne today. He finished 2nd in race 14, so is hardly less deserving if you ask me.

I wish they would go back to each event being a round, and at end of the weekend, we get a round winner. It seems to work with the New Zealand round, with the JR trophy, and adds a bit more to the weekend in my opinion.
Old 17 May 2014, 23:17 (Ref:3407357)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You might imagine that there is no podium & champagne spray as there is a next race coming up, and the drivers are not allowed to consume the alcohol.

They could always switch the champagne for something else (rosewater seems to work well in some of the Arab states on their podiums..) and still have the podium.

Perhaps Sirromet could make a rosewater for the event (did anyone else notice their prominent branding on the bubbly yesterday?)

It had me wondering about Scott McLaughlin at Homebush 2012, when he won the DVS title.. there was likely a champagne spray going on there... then he got into Mr Premat's Commodore to do the main game race...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 May 2014, 23:27 (Ref:3407361)   #3
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was he 18 yet?

I think perhaps, the two Saturday races should be combined somehow, removing the need for the informal trophy presentations in the pit garages, transporters, and toilet blocks.
Old 18 May 2014, 02:26 (Ref:3407378)   #4
NinnyMan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
NinnyMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
You might imagine that there is no podium & champagne spray
as there is a next race coming up, and the drivers are not allowed to consume the alcohol.

They could always switch the champagne for something else (rosewater seems to work well
in some of the Arab states on their podiums..) and still have the podium.
Pretty sure it's all non-alcoholic at every event, isn't it???

Spraying the champagne tends to leave one soaking, so even though they
have more than 1 suit, I would imagine with the second race not that far
off the preference would be for not hanging around in wet gear etc

Alternatively, it might be another cost cutting exercise???
Old 18 May 2014, 04:01 (Ref:3407386)   #5
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinnyMan View Post
Alternatively, it might be another cost cutting exercise???
You'd think if it was for cost cutting reasons they would being back proper Round winners.

That way you only need three trophies and three bottle's of champagne instead of twelve!
Old 18 May 2014, 06:26 (Ref:3407404)   #6
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Substitute champers with Pepsi?

FPR would be happy
Old 18 May 2014, 08:20 (Ref:3407421)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Substitute champers with Pepsi?

FPR would be happy
Jeff Gordon certainly sprays Pepsi around when he wins...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 May 2014, 22:31 (Ref:3407623)   #8
db120176
Racer

Australia
Sydney CBD
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Perhaps Sirromet could make a rosewater for the event (did anyone else notice their prominent branding on the bubbly yesterday?)
Oh, it said Sirromet. I thought it said Centrebet (logo similarity, figured the series will drain every cent from anyone willing to sponsor anything)

Clearly money well spent