Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Nov 2009, 12:18 (Ref:2589628)   #51
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
I think thats why the Channel 7 thread failed in many parts, because people were blaming 7 when it was V8SA TV that needed to be blamed for the issue.
Hahaha V8SA being held accountable - thats a concept that Australian Motorsport is still trying to get their head around.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 14:24 (Ref:2589698)   #52
Thunder1
Racer

Thunder1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The new signing is good news... quite how it helps local sponsors with local brands is not too clear. Not too many SuperCheap Autos in the deep south...[/QUOTE]

If some of the teams that have some lead-way and are smart they could look for a sponsor in the deep south that sells a product or service in both USA and Australia.Maybe Lowe's hardware could be a start i believe they are opening here soon.First time viewing on Speed would be a win win for both parties as the number viewers would be high.

Cheers
Thunder1
Old 26 Nov 2009, 21:01 (Ref:2589882)   #53
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
The producers are V8SA TV. There is zero input from 7 and no difference between 7 and 10. Its the same people.
this only started when they moved to 7
Old 26 Nov 2009, 21:10 (Ref:2589886)   #54
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what if speed wont to replace matt white with Lee Diffy?
Old 26 Nov 2009, 22:38 (Ref:2589929)   #55
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder1 View Post
Maybe Lowe's hardware could be a start i believe they are opening here soon.First time viewing on Speed would be a win win for both parties as the number viewers would be high.
isn't that opening as something else though, or continuing to operate as Danks? or Woolies even? IIRC it isn't Lowe's branded

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
no pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease no, don't let it happen, he's not that much better than Mr White in the "stupid comments" department
Old 27 Nov 2009, 01:12 (Ref:2589971)   #56
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way i read the press release, was that Diffey and Ambrose would present the Speed coverage (in a similiar way to how Eastlake & Jones used to do the F1), rather than re-dub their own commentary?

Quote:
this only started when they moved to 7
Alot of the people who worked on the TEN coverage did move to V8TV though when it started.
Old 29 Nov 2009, 09:43 (Ref:2591141)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If some of the teams that have some lead-way and are smart they could look for a sponsor in the deep south that sells a product or service in both USA and Australia.Maybe Lowe's hardware could be a start i believe they are opening here soon.First time viewing on Speed would be a win win for both parties as the number viewers would be high.

Cheers
Thunder1
I agree with you, I mean look at some of the NASCAR sponsors, from the names on the sides of the cars, and when you look them up on google, you figure they havent got enough money to sponsor a team.. but they do...

Scale is an amazing thing

Its great to see VESA expanding into new markets for its broadcast

The challenge is to make the show more entertaining, and better for the fans. That the broadcast doesnt run live means it can be repackaged, reordered and ticked to improve dramatic impact...

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 29 Nov 2009, 10:23 (Ref:2591150)   #58
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
SpeedTV seemed to have kept Diffy in check with some of his over the top commentary. In fact, I think he has matured a fair bit, in his work, since he has had the gig on SpeedTV. His commentary at the LM24 and with the ALMS and Grand-Am hasn't been too bad over the last couple of years, but he may slip back to where he was with the V8s if they have him involved in the US broadcast.
Old 30 Nov 2009, 03:46 (Ref:2591526)   #59
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
The new signing is good news... quite how it helps local sponsors with local brands is not too clear. Not too many SuperCheap Autos in the deep south...
So how many brands are trans-Pacific?

frod is of course. Castrol, Jeld-wen. Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, Off the top of my head thats all I can think off (busy on the phone pretending to care
about ****wit customers)
Old 30 Nov 2009, 05:07 (Ref:2591537)   #60
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos WTF View Post
So how many brands are trans-Pacific?

frod is of course. Castrol, Jeld-wen. Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, Off the top of my head thats all I can think off (busy on the phone pretending to care
about ****wit customers)
Vodafone, Nokia, Navman, Bundy(?) Mobil, Dunlop to name a few
Old 30 Nov 2009, 06:12 (Ref:2591549)   #61
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
irwin tools, fujitsu vodaphone

would think close to half the field are trans-Pacific

Holden of course are selling a holden car over there as well
Old 30 Nov 2009, 11:53 (Ref:2591689)   #62
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
V8SA sponsorships are supplied by domestic arms & budgets of the company - not sure how much the Middle Eastern and USA coverage interests them
Old 30 Nov 2009, 23:42 (Ref:2592018)   #63
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
maybe they could source some funding from their parent divisions given the global dominat * cough* expansion