Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Apr 2013, 05:37 (Ref:3238726)   #1
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jonny Reid and DJR

Jonny Reid has come out and given a frank account regarding his sudden exit from DJR in today's AA.Regarding a drive in the enduro's, Reid says " Given what SJ thought of my efforts, i don't think DJR is really high on the cards".
He then gave DJR a serve with " I think it would have been more damaging to go on with the energy that was around. I want to be associated with teams that have the energy and the desire".
So who's decision was it that Reid depart, Reid 's or SJ's ?
SJ making some tough decisions or DJR still treading water ?

Last edited by Reload; 24 Apr 2013 at 05:49.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 06:04 (Ref:3238730)   #2
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Jonny Reid has come out and given a frank account regarding his sudden exit from DJR in today's AA.Regarding a drive in the enduro's, Reid says " Given what SJ thought of my efforts, i don't think DJR is really high on the cards".
He then gave DJR a serve with " I think it would have been more damaging to go on with the energy that was around. I want to be associated with teams that have the energy and the desire".
So who's decision was it that Reid depart, Reid 's or SJ's ?
SJ making some tough decisions or DJR still treading water ?
DJR - Maybe it's time to go.

I realise its a team that has been around for a long time, and has a rich heritage and nothing will ever change that.

I just hate to see them floundering around in last place. It's not DJR anymore. Clearly, they don't have the support , money or resources.

Makes James Courtneys efforts of a few years ago seem super hero like. They are honestly stuffed.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 06:43 (Ref:3238740)   #3
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Noticed that Stevie J's house is up for sale also.
Interesting to know how and why Blanchard is still at DJR if Junior wasn't happy with Reid's efforts ?

Last edited by Reload; 24 Apr 2013 at 07:03.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 08:25 (Ref:3238764)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Interesting to know how and why Blanchard is still at DJR if Junior wasn't happy with Reid's efforts ?
Take a squiz at the bonnet of the #17 car, that might explain it..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Apr 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3238767)   #5
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Take a squiz at the bonnet of the #17 car, that might explain it..
That's the question GTR, did Reid's money run out or was Junior not impressed with his steering ? Blanchard's results were similar to Reid's, so is Blanchard bringing in a substantial amount more than Reid did ?
Old 24 Apr 2013, 08:48 (Ref:3238777)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Blanchards results have mostly been about 5 spots higher than reids, sometimes as many as ten spots.

Reid has beaten Blanchard 3 times out of 13 races (including GP) two of those times they were both at the back of the field. Meaning Blanchard has beaten Reid 10 out of 13

Results would suggets that Blanchard has easily out performed Reid.

But both are still down the back.

thinking money might rule on this one
Old 24 Apr 2013, 10:50 (Ref:3238831)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The timeline of Mr Reid's selection in the first place is interesting. The story out of the various media outlets suggested that Mr Johnson & Mr Reid discussed the possibility of the ride when they shared Mr Tinkler's Porsche at the B12..

The story goes that while Mr Johnson was surprisingly consistent in his lap times, the story goes that across the weekend, the other two fellas in the car were ultimately faster across a single lap.. which is said to have put Mr Reid on the DJR 'potential pilot' list...

Apparently, Mr Reid introduced a number of sponsor contacts to the team, for them to cultivate, which apparently, they were unsuccessful in achieving

Its all a little grubby out there in paydriver land apparently..

Presuming any of this actually happened
Old 24 Apr 2013, 10:57 (Ref:3238833)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there a replacement driver named?
Old 24 Apr 2013, 11:05 (Ref:3238835)   #9
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Is there a replacement driver named?
you must have missed the news. Chaz Mostert
Old 24 Apr 2013, 11:06 (Ref:3238838)   #10
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chaz Mostert.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 21:14 (Ref:3239047)   #11
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't Mark Petch mention earlier that Reid's promised $$$'s from his backers never eventuated. Allegedly

Quote:

So is he selling up to prop the team up, or is he doing what so many millions of people do? Lifestyle change, or something bigger.

Quote:
now his desire for more acreage sees it in the hands of First National Nerang agent Julie Morgan-Kemp
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...-mansions.html
Old 24 Apr 2013, 21:28 (Ref:3239049)   #12
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
Didn't Mark Petch mention earlier that Reid's promised $$$'s from his backers never eventuated. Allegedly

So is he selling up to prop the team up, or is he doing what so many millions of people do? Lifestyle change, or something bigger.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...-mansions.html
Mark did mention this, but JR's comment that Junior didn't like his driving seems to cloud Mark's comments. A combination of a lack of $$$ and results may be the answer, however it is no secret that it would have mattered little who was driving the DJR slugs.
Thanks for the house link as I couldn't get it to work.
A very impressive home which would appear to mean that things were going pretty well at times ?
Old 24 Apr 2013, 22:53 (Ref:3239070)   #13
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well unfortunately for Jonny the teams with energy and desire don't seem to have his number on speed-dial. Perhaps DJR and SJ would have had more energy and desire if he had coughed up the cash as expected.
Let's see how the car goes in Chaz's hands with the FPR engineering input, it should be a lot faster.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 00:17 (Ref:3239085)   #14
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
you would think based on recent Dunlop series form, that Chaz will be much more competitive against Tim. (but might cause a bit more damage)
Old 25 Apr 2013, 10:05 (Ref:3239217)   #15
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So who is putting up the money for Chaz, or is it in the form of FPR parts?
Old 25 Apr 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3239280)   #16
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
So who is putting up the money for Chaz, or is it in the form of FPR parts?

Sponsorcafe had a bit on their test day with frosty, no doubt DJR are open to all and any offers atm it seems so parts and a quick young gun sounds like a good deal to me..

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/04/23/...rise-in-perth/

Quote:
Winterbottom spent just 10 laps behind the wheel of the DJR car thanks to the Rookie Test rules, and said there were only subtle differences compared with his regular Pepsi Max-backed mount.
“It felt pretty good; it had strengths in areas that ours doesn’t and vice-versa,” he said.

“But (hardware wise) everything is the same apart from the engine, and one of our guys (Adam De Borre) is engineering it, so there was never going to be much of a difference.

I reckon Chaz should put in a strong run in Perth

In regards to Reid and DJR, at Clipsal they still had SJ as the driver of the v8 and Reid the driver of Tinklers porker in the program and which SJ ended up driving for a few rounds (is he still driving it?) so Tinkler had to of been invloved some how in the Reid drive deal somehow and he is always having cash problems of late so that's my 2+2.

Last edited by Bell_End; 25 Apr 2013 at 14:02.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 14:59 (Ref:3239308)   #17
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd say Mr Tinkler was prepared to underwrite Mr Reid for the first few events, until he could raise the funds to continue on.

As for Mr Mostert, the kid's got some sponsorship behind him, but whether it was required to get him the car, is another thing. I suspect DJR will be utilising a lot of FPR R&D parts from here on in.
Old 26 Apr 2013, 05:34 (Ref:3239523)   #18
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Chaz Mostert.
This kid is a great driver, cant wait to see him drive in Perth
Old 28 Apr 2013, 03:48 (Ref:3240132)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Is it funny, reading both this thread and the other DJR one.. that #12 is still on the FB page headlining the team, with Mr Reid's name on the door?

Old 28 Apr 2013, 22:38 (Ref:3240361)   #20
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously FB is not high on their prioity list, and neither it should be given the climate
Old 28 Apr 2013, 23:01 (Ref:3240365)   #21
Umai Naa
Veteran

They're hitting Facebook harder this year than last year.

Politics aside, it's a great photo. Probably the reason why it was chosen.
Old 29 Apr 2013, 00:53 (Ref:3240382)   #22
Umai Naa
Veteran

Cover photo has been updated on their page.
Old 29 Apr 2013, 02:18 (Ref:3240394)   #23
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adding the new Shell Oil sponsoship
Old 29 Apr 2013, 02:27 (Ref:3240395)   #24
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Big Shell symbol on the roof also, had missed that in the earlier shots
Old 29 Apr 2013, 04:09 (Ref:3240406)   #25
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't know about you guys, but I reckon the livery on the side of the car, with the Shell logo and the red & black trimming looks really bloody good.