Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Mar 2013, 09:42 (Ref:3217400)   #26
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by B!tchie Renault View Post
Aaaaahhhhhh!!!

I have just realised that it is not COTF after all, it was a typo!!

It should be COTE, or Commodores Of Triple Eight.

Now it makes sense
Might I remind you that 888 managed to wins Championships well before
COTF was inflicted upon us?

And some of them were in a (gasp) frod bodied car. Don't blame COTF, much as I dislike it, blame project Blue Oval, Lee Harvey Oswald, World Freemasonry, Wicans, etc.

And again. The season is 2 races old frod were on the front row both days.

It ain't COTFs ( again, I dislike it) fault that once again fpr stuffed up
Old 13 Mar 2013, 05:23 (Ref:3217690)   #27
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May I remind you that there is 15 Holdens to 6 Fords to 4 Nissans to 3 Mercs, so no ****ing **** that it looks like commodore cup because just over half the field is a bloody holden.

And who gives a toss there are 28 race cars out there and as the season goes on we will see how many are able to genuinely battle for a win. My guess is we will have more than we have had in the past few year..
Old 13 Mar 2013, 08:00 (Ref:3217704)   #28
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell_End View Post
May I remind you that there is 15 Holdens to 6 Fords to 4 Nissans to 3 Mercs, so no ****ing **** that it looks like commodore cup because just over half the field is a bloody holden.

And who gives a toss there are 28 race cars out there and as the season goes on we will see how many are able to genuinely battle for a win. My guess is we will have more than we have had in the past few year..
supercars has virtually been "commodore cup" ever since it's creation.
Old 13 Mar 2013, 08:48 (Ref:3217716)   #29
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Correct, because Holden has been behind it from the word 'go'.

Ford's effort has always been half-hearted.
Old 13 Mar 2013, 09:53 (Ref:3217735)   #30
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Correct, because Holden has been behind it from the word 'go'.

Ford's effort has always been half-hearted.
Correct, so it is safe to say that the category was the branchild of holden for the benefit of holden, knowing that Ford weren't committed and by banning anything that was turbo-charged, anything that was AWD and by assisting most of the teams on the grid, overall holden couldn't lose.
Old 13 Mar 2013, 22:00 (Ref:3218061)   #31
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
And don't forget pinching the team and the drivers when it matters
Old 13 Mar 2013, 22:07 (Ref:3218068)   #32
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please tell me you lot are posting these things with little tin foil hats on. It will make me feel better about this forum again.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 01:57 (Ref:3218155)   #33
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinwebbers View Post
Please tell me you lot are posting these things with little tin foil hats on. It will make me feel better about this forum again.
Lost cause I think.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 02:09 (Ref:3218156)   #34
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You just have to ignore a very small number of members (one in particular) who use Leo the Lion as a voodoo doll at home and come on here sounding like a broken record. Unfortunately it rules his (their) life and (he) they have to vent their pathetic bias on here.
Be sure though, that this same person (people) will still keep watching the category that they despise so much.
Time to build a bridge.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 02:13 (Ref:3218158)   #35
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Be sure though, that this same person (people) will still keep watching the category that they despise so much.
There's guys on here been whinging about V8s for over 10 years but still keep watching.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 04:30 (Ref:3218179)   #36
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Spoken like true holden supporters........and the category offers very little to anyone but holden supporters........and Reload, I don't watch, I only take note for argument sake and my predictions are coming true........nothing but mostly holden victories for the forseeable future.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 04:37 (Ref:3218180)   #37
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Spoken like true holden supporters........and the category offers very little to anyone but holden supporters........and Reload, I don't watch, I only take note for argument sake and my predictions are coming true........nothing but mostly holden victories for the forseeable future.
" I don't watch, i only take note for argument's sake"............
One of your best blue
Old 14 Mar 2013, 05:05 (Ref:3218181)   #38
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Correct, so it is safe to say that the category was the branchild of holden for the benefit of holden, knowing that Ford weren't committed and by banning anything that was turbo-charged, anything that was AWD and by assisting most of the teams on the grid, overall holden couldn't lose.
....until Glenn Seton won the 1993 ATCC title that is.

In fact, Ford went on to win 9 championships in the next 18 years

As someone who elects to support the living breathing organism behind the steering wheel, over the plastic badge screwed onto the grill - I'm happy with good racing and deserving winners. T8 - to quote one Mr. Ambrose - are the best team in Australian motorsport history. To see a team of their caliber dominate the series for a while should surprise nobody. It should also surprise nobody that other teams are willing to side with them mechanically, in an attempt to take a slice of their success.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 05:44 (Ref:3218183)   #39
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Fords not getting the job done, Dodge has some tin tops mothballed
Old 14 Mar 2013, 06:00 (Ref:3218184)   #40
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
one must listen to this, if you truly want to understand it all, and it will all make sense: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl5McGN2L-E
Old 15 Mar 2013, 05:20 (Ref:3218697)   #41
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
" I don't watch, i only take note for argument's sake"............
One of your best blue
I'm glad you enjoyed it.........I usually record the races, then fast forward through them to see if there is anything that is worthwhile to watch, and then delete (not worth watching live).........but seriously, what is there worthwhile for anyone but a holden supporter?
Old 15 Mar 2013, 05:23 (Ref:3218700)   #42
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ohlookitsthisthreadagain.jpg

< Not a holden fan btw!
Old 15 Mar 2013, 05:36 (Ref:3218705)   #43
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ibut seriously, what is there worthwhile for anyone but a holden supporter?
It was inevitable one manufacturer would become dominant over a period of time because the car manufacturing has been heading towards that for years. I suppose if it was Ford who was dominant you would not have a problem? Get over it and go and watch something else until SC morphs into a real race series in a few years time which is also inevitable but not acknowledged or even contemplated by anyone here.
Old 15 Mar 2013, 05:50 (Ref:3218708)   #44
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I'm glad you enjoyed it.........I usually record the races, then fast forward through them to see if there is anything that is worthwhile to watch, and then delete (not worth watching live).........but seriously, what is there worthwhile for anyone but a holden supporter?
Many people will probably agree with you, but you seem to be obsessed with posting the same old line over and over.
Yes Holden have more cars on the grid than Ford, yes Holden are dominating ATM (888) , yes Ford need to lift their game, yes the racing needs to be more competitive between teams and seeing a few different winners would be nice (unless supporting 888) and yes everyone would like to see the manufacturers more evenly spread numbers wise.
Everybody hears you, so let it go !!!!!!!
Old 15 Mar 2013, 05:52 (Ref:3218709)   #45
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
....until Glenn Seton won the 1993 ATCC title that is
Was that the same year that 400mm of the Ford's undertray was removed just before Bathurst?
Old 15 Mar 2013, 05:54 (Ref:3218710)   #46
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
It was inevitable one manufacturer would become dominant over a period of time because the car manufacturing has been heading towards that for years. I suppose if it was Ford who was dominant you would not have a problem? Get over it and go and watch something else until SC morphs into a real race series in a few years time which is also inevitable but not acknowledged or even contemplated by anyone here.
I didn't start the thread topic, but you are always free not to read my posts.
Old 15 Mar 2013, 07:06 (Ref:3218718)   #47
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Was that the same year that 400mm of the Ford's undertray was removed just before Bathurst?
Possibly. Ford still won at Bathurst in 1994 with the EB though didn't they
Old 15 Mar 2013, 07:12 (Ref:3218720)   #48
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
Possibly. Ford still won at Bathurst in 1994 with the EB though didn't they
Don't start counting Bathurst victories, it will damage your argument.........we don't need too many fingers to count victories other than holden.
Old 15 Mar 2013, 07:33 (Ref:3218727)   #49
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Don't start counting Bathurst victories, it will damage your argument.........we don't need too many fingers to count victories other than holden.
I noticed you didn't quote my championship-winning count from the last page though... I thought that helped my argument along quite nicely
Old 15 Mar 2013, 09:05 (Ref:3218760)   #50
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The greatest travesty is not that Triple 8 (and therefore Holden) are dominating V8s at the moment, the biggest injustice ever inflicted upon Australian motorsport is that Kleenex have never sponsored a Ford - you'd think they'd be a perfect match for all the constant whinging and complaining that comes from the followers of the blue oval. They'd easily have to be the biggest segment of end users for the product.

Fords biggest mistake ever was to let 888 switch to Holden, so the only party to blame for their failure is themselves. Again.