Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Aug 2017, 18:34 (Ref:3762724)   #1
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
24H Series

This series tends to get absolutely no love, especially outside of the Dubai 24 Hours. Maybe the new forum structure will give it a little bit more chat. Big changes for 2018 as well.

Creventic announces major changes to the 24H Series

Dutch race organisers Creventic have announced major changes to the structure of the 24H Series and the associated classes and events. Primarily an amateur focused organisation, Creventic has gathered the thoughts and wishes from many of the teams, drivers and circuit owners and used these to plan the new structure for 2018.
  • 3 Series
  • Combined races
  • New schedule
  • New class structure
  • No reference lap times

Proto, GT, TCE

For 2018, the new concept is three separate series: 24H GT Series, 24H TCE Series and the 24H Proto Series. For the majority of events, the 24H GT Series and 24H TCE Series will run in the same race, with overall classifications for both series and two separate podium ceremonies. The 24H Proto series will join the GT and TCE Series at selected events, but also run stand alone races.

All three series will be present at the Dubai Autodrome in January, but will compete in separated races. 24H Proto Series will start the action on the 5th and 6th of January. A week later, the GT and TCE Series combine in the Hankook 24H Dubai, forming a round of each championship.

Formula 1 Facilities

The 2018 calendar is not yet complete, and Creventic plans to avoid date clashes with other major series. A mix of 12 and 24 hour races are planned, with a minimum gap of one month between each event to allow competitors preparation time. The traditional early events at Mugello in March and Silverstone in April remain, followed by a June/July event at Paul Ricard before a summer break. After the holiday, the action returns at Barcelona, before Spa and COTA. The calendar is not final, and events at Imola, Red Bull Ring, Brno and Portimao are also under consideration.

New Class Structure

An officially endorsed GT4 class will debut in 2018, taking advantage of the worldwide GT4 boom. The Porsche 991 class will have a raised profile, thanks to the addition of the brand new second-generation Porsche 991 Cup car. Classes based on VLN V4 and V5 will also be introduced, with TCP1 for cars with an engine capacity up to 2.5L, and TCP2 for capacities up to 3.0L. The agreement with TCR International remains in place to continue the successful TCR class.

The new class structure sees the end of the reference lap times for the series. The lap times were aimed at assisting amatuer drivers, but proved unpopular with fans and spectators. As part of the 2018 restructure, it appears the feedback Creventic have received is that the reference lap times are no longer needed.
Old 29 Aug 2017, 19:54 (Ref:3762752)   #2
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
'This series tends to get absolutely no love...' yet I suspect that true lovers of endurance racing simply quietly get on with following it. I, for one, will watch the livestream of every race if I'm at home that weekend and not having to be somewhere else. It's proper endurance racing with the added spice that it bridges the gap between the pro teams with massive budgets and the amateurs who have worked hard and scratched around and ridden their luck just to be there.
Old 29 Aug 2017, 21:23 (Ref:3762771)   #3
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
'This series tends to get absolutely no love...' yet I suspect that true lovers of endurance racing simply quietly get on with following it. I, for one, will watch the livestream of every race if I'm at home that weekend and not having to be somewhere else. It's proper endurance racing with the added spice that it bridges the gap between the pro teams with massive budgets and the amateurs who have worked hard and scratched around and ridden their luck just to be there.
Agree.

It is also a matter of who and what is racing. I am a Maserati fan, and unfortunately there has not been a Maserati in the series since 2015; then the Boutsen Ginion Racing Maserati Gran Turismo achieved a well deserved 3rd place in the SP2 class at the Dubai 24H.
Old 29 Aug 2017, 22:34 (Ref:3762790)   #4
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cracking race at the weekend, shame it doesn't get more love

I'm hopeful for the Proto series too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30 Aug 2017, 07:25 (Ref:3762851)   #5
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
That's exactly why I love it. I'm hoping we can get more chat about it.
Old 30 Aug 2017, 12:46 (Ref:3762912)   #6
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Nah, keep it to ourselves; popularity usually spoils things.

- Le Mans 24
- Nurburgring Touristfahrten
- Spa 6 hours

to name but three.

Last edited by MGDavid; 30 Aug 2017 at 13:00.
Old 30 Aug 2017, 13:42 (Ref:3762927)   #7
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
The 24 hours of Portimao I did not follow because there seemed to be unusually a lack of Mercedes AMGs in the field.

The 24 hours of COTA looks exciting though. I wish there was more USA based teams in the race. I guess there is more time for PWC or GTD teams to enter. Its neat that Risi has 2 cars entered for it though. They are probably the favorites along with the Herberth Porsche.

I like that Creventic takes overnight breaks in some of these events to assure more daylight racing. Good for TV viewing as well as for the competition. I never seen a 24 hour race take an overnight break. COTA will be first to do that. It will be interesting to see how that works out. If I could I'd take a trip to Austin, TX to see that race for sure.
Old 30 Aug 2017, 14:37 (Ref:3762945)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's an interesting concept - more daylight racing in a 24 hour race. I go to Le Mans each year primarily for the racing in the night...... Still, good for TV, I suppose....
Old 30 Aug 2017, 14:46 (Ref:3762951)   #9
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I like that Creventic takes overnight breaks in some of these events to assure more daylight racing.
Or could it be because of noise regulations ;-)
Old 30 Aug 2017, 14:49 (Ref:3762952)   #10
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
24H GT Series is a much better brand than 24H Series.

Also it didn't make sense to have two championships for the same touring car classes. Merging them is a good idea.
Old 5 Sep 2017, 22:00 (Ref:3764827)   #11
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
Or could it be because of noise regulations ;-)
Go ask John. He know his onions about cars.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 18:22 (Ref:3765478)   #12
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
In general I like the Creventic races. They are more aimed at drivers/teams and lesser to the public. Thanks to Youtube streams easy to follow.
Old 9 Sep 2017, 08:28 (Ref:3765609)   #13
indigorallye
Racer

England
Cheshire
indigorallye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am an avid follower of Creventic races, I love them.
I was hoping that the Touring Car Series would take off better than it did, but for whatever reason it didn't quite work out. Bringing the them back in with the GT's makes sense (Silverstone 24 will remain Touring Car only, but I reckon they may squeeze a 12hr GT race in over the weekend).

We are off to Spa in a few weeks for the 12 hour. It's being run as 3 hours saturday - parc ferme - 9 hours sunday which is a great concept. Although it's enforced due to the noise regs it also brings in a whole new strategy problem!
Do we want to finish Saturday with a full tank, or try and gain a lap and finish with less fuel etc etc.

I'm also yet to see how the new class structure will impact on us (Seat Leon Supercopa) and whether that is a move to try and attract some VLN teams into the longer races.

Good to see the championship getting some coverage on here.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 15:22 (Ref:3770746)   #14
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
24H COTA USA - 10-12 November

Entry list

The most notable entry confirmed is the #3 Black Falcon Mercedes-AMG for Ben Keating, Jeroen Bleekemolen, Abdulaziz Al Faisal, Luca Stolz.

Risi, Manthey and Grasser also have entries with unconfirmed drivers.
Old 2 Oct 2017, 08:11 (Ref:3771198)   #15
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I also quite enjoy the 24H races too its good background while doing job over the weekend at home. As for the COTA race the 232 Aston Martin has interesting driver line up:-

Andy Palmer - Aston Martin CEO
Peter Cate - Ex BTCC racer with Team B&Q (It's a long time since those word have been put on this forum)
Paul Hollywood - Judge's a baking competition on Channel 4
John Hindhaugh - erm not sure who this but I think he talk's about Sports Car Racing on the internet.
Old 2 Oct 2017, 17:06 (Ref:3771329)   #16
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
I also quite enjoy the 24H races too its good background while doing job over the weekend at home. As for the COTA race the 232 Aston Martin has interesting driver line up:-

Peter Cate - Ex BTCC racer with Team B&Q (It's a long time since those word have been put on this forum)
John Hindhaugh - erm not sure who this but I think he talk's about Sports Car Racing on the internet.
I'm watching Paul Hollywood's new show on Netflix about cars right now. Its a pretty good watch. Only 3 episodes though (Italy, Germany, france)
Old 3 Oct 2017, 19:26 (Ref:3771573)   #17
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post

I'm curious whether Hindy is going to be jumping between the car and the comms box all day long.
Old 8 Oct 2017, 20:01 (Ref:3773070)   #18
simontibbett
Rookie

United States
GA
simontibbett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been a fan of the 24H Series for a while, it's a cool format. Nice mix of pros and ams and a good platform for people to race. Also a cool mixture of car types. COTA will be my first 24H Series race so I'll see if I like competing in it as much as watching it.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 08:49 (Ref:3773170)   #19
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How do we feel about combined Proto and GT races in 2018?

TCE and GT races will obviously work well, but I'm not sure how the GT3 guys will take having a Ginetta G57 bolting ahead of them

Old 9 Oct 2017, 14:56 (Ref:3773230)   #20
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
How do we feel about combined Proto and GT races in 2018?
I think it will work, the GTs are only with Protos for 2 rounds, the other 6 events they are with TCE. The bigger worry for me is the Silverstone Date, early March has seen snow on a number of occasions here.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 18:53 (Ref:3773262)   #21
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
I think it will work, the GTs are only with Protos for 2 rounds, the other 6 events they are with TCE. The bigger worry for me is the Silverstone Date, early March has seen snow on a number of occasions here.

Oh I was present for the WEC snowy weekend bonanza, it's s risk you take. I wonder if the venue owners didn't want to give them any prime summer dates incase the WEC date needed to move yet again

Old 9 Oct 2017, 20:01 (Ref:3773282)   #22
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I'm watching Paul Hollywood's new show on Netflix about cars right now. Its a pretty good watch. Only 3 episodes though (Italy, Germany, france)

What's the name of the show? I've got Netflix so I'd been to check this out.
Old 10 Oct 2017, 17:16 (Ref:3773465)   #23
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
What's the name of the show? I've got Netflix so I'd been to check this out.
Don't remember word for word but just do his name in the search. I am fuming at Netflix right now though for dropping Animaniacs!

I'm sure this GT4 Aston with the CEO, Hindy, and Hollywood will get TV time for sure.
Old 10 Oct 2017, 23:10 (Ref:3773533)   #24
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Don't remember word for word but just do his name in the search. I am fuming at Netflix right now though for dropping Animaniacs!

I'm sure this GT4 Aston with the CEO, Hindy, and Hollywood will get TV time for sure.
Paul Hollywoods Big Continental Road Trip. I should've searched Netflix in the first place
Old 11 Oct 2017, 13:23 (Ref:3773671)   #25
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
2018 24H Championship of the Continents:

January 11-13: 24h Dubai
July 6-8: 24h Portimao
November 15-18: 24h COTA

2018 24H European Championship:

March 9-11: 12h / 24h Silverstone
April 20-22: 12h Navarra
May 25-27: 12h Imola
September 7-9: 24h Barcelona
October 12-14: 12h Spa