Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Apr 2020, 03:59 (Ref:3971487)   #2251
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
# 2241: blue shirt: are you representing Bibendum and talking about bringing back home a sample of rubber? Place and year, EB?
Silverstone and at a guess 2003. Maybe earlier if as I suspect that is Harrison Newey in the photo with his Dad.
Old 18 Apr 2020, 05:35 (Ref:3971492)   #2252
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Et sur l'image suivante Chris, itw en tête Ã* tête?

Batch of Capris and nice girls much appreciated, bauble…

Just out of my curiosity is there a category for ground effect Midgets over there? Or the 100 mm rule gives 0,00000001" once imported?
Old 18 Apr 2020, 05:45 (Ref:3971493)   #2253
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
…

Just out of my curiosity is there a category for ground effect Midgets over there? Or the 100 mm rule gives 0,00000001" once imported?
You know what poor quality British Leyland spring steel used to be Gerard. The cars started the race at standard ride height but sagged a few laps in. I think you'll find where BL leads, F1 follows

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 18 Apr 2020, 11:58 (Ref:3971519)   #2254
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Je vois ce que vous voulez dire, Max…*From what I've been told, Renault and Pug later used to buy second hand steel to BL!

Thanks to those really enjoyable pictures I now find a lot of interest for pre-war stuff and Midgets too. Is it lock down or age effect, dunno?
Old 18 Apr 2020, 14:59 (Ref:3971546)   #2255
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Incroyable;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1782.JPG   IMG_2185.jpg   MGCC 08 198.JPG  

MGCC 08 236.JPG   Powernights May 105.JPG   Powernights May 111.JPG  

Old 18 Apr 2020, 15:06 (Ref:3971547)   #2256
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More to lust over;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2217.jpg   IMG_2238.jpg   IMG_2247.jpg  

IMG_2269.jpg   IMG_2298.jpg   IMG_6078.JPG  

Old 18 Apr 2020, 15:28 (Ref:3971549)   #2257
bauble
Veteran

England
A tricky competition for you' What do all of these cars have in common
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0142.jpg   _MG_3440.jpg   IMG_0170.JPG  

IMG_1108.jpg   IMG_1112.jpg   IMG_1184.jpg  

Old 18 Apr 2020, 15:35 (Ref:3971552)   #2258
bauble
Veteran

England
Off track;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0500.JPG   IMG_0503.JPG   IMG_0507.JPG  

IMG_0510.JPG   IMG_0511.JPG   IMG_5612.jpg  

Old 18 Apr 2020, 18:23 (Ref:3971565)   #2259
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oulton Park Gold Cup 2011:
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF4174.JPG   DSCF4379.JPG   DSCF4393.JPG  

DSCF4405.JPG   DSCF4437.JPG   DSCF4444.JPG  

Old 18 Apr 2020, 18:24 (Ref:3971566)   #2260
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More from Oulton Park Gold Cup 2011:
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF4453.JPG   DSCF4461.JPG   DSCF4509.JPG  

DSCF4510.JPG   DSCF4608.JPG   DSCF4627.JPG  

Old 19 Apr 2020, 10:03 (Ref:3971660)   #2261
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
@MGDavid is the Midget #64 Ian Hulett?
yes, think that was the year he did the Healey championship and suffered all the damage....
Old 19 Apr 2020, 12:27 (Ref:3971673)   #2262
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
1983 British Grand Prix

Slowly scanning & editing my slides, here are some paddock shots from Silverstone. As you will see from the picture labels, I don't know who the final team is. I thought it was Spirit, but according to Wiki, they weren't entered at this event, so if anyone can help I can caption my picture correctly..
Click image for larger version

Name:	04 McLaren Pit.png
Views:	11
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	59854 Click image for larger version

Name:	05 Lotus pits.png
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	59855 Click image for larger version

Name:	06 Lotus pits.png
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	59856

Name:	07 Mansell behind Lotus Pits.png
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	59857 Click image for larger version

Name:	08 Lotus Front Wing.png
Views:	10
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	59858 Click image for larger version

Name:	09.png
Views:	16
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	59859
Old 19 Apr 2020, 13:17 (Ref:3971684)   #2263
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Toleman? They raced in red, white & blue
Old 19 Apr 2020, 13:49 (Ref:3971693)   #2264
bauble
Veteran

England
A few more for Midge to ID for us, 2007 Classic,
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0849.JPG   IMG_2716[1].jpg   IMG_2719.jpg  

IMG_2720[1].jpg   IMG_2733.jpg   IMG_2747[1].jpg  

Old 19 Apr 2020, 14:10 (Ref:3971700)   #2265
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Slowly scanning & editing my slides, here are some paddock shots from Silverstone. As you will see from the picture labels, I don't know who the final team is. I thought it was Spirit, but according to Wiki, they weren't entered at this event, so if anyone can help I can caption my picture correctly..
Attachment 59854 Attachment 59855 Attachment 59856
Attachment 59857 Attachment 59858 Attachment 59859
Viv, my records show Spirit were at the 1983 British GP with a single car (#40) for Stefan Johansson. He qualified 14th but retired in the race with a fuel pump failure.
My thoughts are it is a Spirit.... that is the colour uniforms the crew wore that year as well.

Edit: Just checked on F1.com (they should know) and they also reckon Spirit were there....
https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ce-result.html

Last edited by E.B; 19 Apr 2020 at 14:15. Reason: Added F1.com link as 'proof'
Old 19 Apr 2020, 15:11 (Ref:3971710)   #2266
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Viv, my records show Spirit were at the 1983 British GP with a single car (#40) for Stefan Johansson. He qualified 14th but retired in the race with a fuel pump failure.
My thoughts are it is a Spirit.... that is the colour uniforms the crew wore that year as well.

Edit: Just checked on F1.com (they should know) and they also reckon Spirit were there....
https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ce-result.html
Brilliant! Thanks E.B. I've thought all along that was who it was and the fact that a lot of the guys appear to be Japanese made me even more sure. You have confirmed my suspicions, thanks again
Old 19 Apr 2020, 15:40 (Ref:3971713)   #2267
bauble
Veteran

England
From the internet, front wings carry Goodyear logo like Viv's picture, that rules out a lot of other teams, if not all. Ferrari had similar wings but I think we can rule them out.

An era of ugly cars.
Attached Thumbnails
aebd009e70d7a821b0f5b73901b18653.jpg  
Old 19 Apr 2020, 15:46 (Ref:3971714)   #2268
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
From the internet, front wings carry Goodyear logo like Viv's picture, that rules out a lot of other teams, if not all. Ferrari had similar wings but I think we can rule them out.

An era of ugly cars.
Thank you Baub, more confirmation
Old 19 Apr 2020, 15:51 (Ref:3971715)   #2269
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Monaco GP 1983

Some more of my scanning, paddock shots.

Name:	52 DeAngelis in Paddock.png
Views:	9
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	59867 Click image for larger version

Name:	53 Toleman Pits.png
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	59868 Click image for larger version

Name:	54 Ferrari Pits.png
Views:	8
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	59869

Name:	55 Osella Pits.png
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	59870 Click image for larger version

Name:	56 Arrows Pits.png
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	59871 Click image for larger version

Name:	57 Williams Pits.png
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	59872
Old 19 Apr 2020, 15:56 (Ref:3971717)   #2270
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
1984 British Grand Prix

From the air display. As you will see I don't know all of the aircraft so if any aviation experts would like to educate me please I can correctly caption my pictures.

Name:	06.png
Views:	6
Size:	924.5 KB
ID:	59873 Click image for larger version

Name:	09.png
Views:	4
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	59874 Click image for larger version

Name:	14 Vulcan.png
Views:	3
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	59875

Name:	13.png
Size:	781.2 KB
ID:	59876 Click image for larger version

Name:	16 Red Arrows.png
Views:	5
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	59877 Click image for larger version

Name:	17 Concorde.png
Views:	4
Size:	652.8 KB
ID:	59878
Old 19 Apr 2020, 16:00 (Ref:3971719)   #2271
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
1984 Brands Hatch GP

Touring Cars

Name:	01 Charles Sawyer Hoare.png
Size:	772.7 KB
ID:	59879 Click image for larger version

Name:	02 Graham Goode.png
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	59880

Name:	03 Paul Smith.png
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	59881 Click image for larger version

Name:	04 Graham Goode.png
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	59882
Old 19 Apr 2020, 16:31 (Ref:3971723)   #2272
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
From the air display. As you will see I don't know all of the aircraft so if any aviation experts would like to educate me please I can correctly caption my pictures.
Attachment 59873 Attachment 59874 Attachment 59875
Attachment 59876 Attachment 59877 Attachment 59878
1, Lockheed C141 Starlifter, 2 Boeing B17 Flying Fortress, 3 Avro Vulcan
4 Panavia Tornado, 5 British Aerospace Hawks 6 BAC/Aerospatiale Concorde. You knew the distinctive shapes of 3 & 6.
Old 19 Apr 2020, 17:28 (Ref:3971729)   #2273
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
OK time for me to dig a few oldies out...
Attached Thumbnails
ClayRegazzoni-Ferrari312B3-Brands-RoC-March1974.jpg   EmmersonFittipaldi-McLarenM23-Brands-RoC-March1974.jpg   Lauda-Ferrari312B3-BrandsHatch-RoC-March1974.jpg  

Regga-SilverstoneGP.jpg   PICT0072.jpg   Copersucar-Silv-GP.jpg  

Old 19 Apr 2020, 17:36 (Ref:3971730)   #2274
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
On a roll here...
Attached Thumbnails
Lauda-Silverstone-GP.jpg   PICT0006.jpg   BrandsF5000.jpg  

BrandsFormula5000.jpg   Lunger-Brands-F5000.jpg   BritishGP-1973-Revson.Peterson.HulmePodium.jpg  

Old 20 Apr 2020, 06:54 (Ref:3971783)   #2275
bauble
Veteran

England
Well EB you certainly were getting close to the action. In what capacity were you to get into the pit lane?