Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 6 Mar 2013, 16:44 (Ref:3215150)   #1
Wendy Wool
Rookie

Wendy Wool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin Birrane - Ford Fairlane

Just flicking through some old pictures the other day and I stumbled across an image of Martin Biranne debuting his recently acquired Ford Failane at Crystal Palace, cica 1970?

He had spun at North Tower and due to the extreme length of the car had blocked the track necessitating other competitors to divert through the trees.
Rumour had it the car only had 2 gears being ex NASCAR!

I just wondered what happened to the car, did it disappear into a barn or was it the base model for the battleship grey model in Germany?

It would be interesting to know its fate.
Old 6 Mar 2013, 17:08 (Ref:3215165)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think the Belgian car is a replica/continuation. The ad for it is here
Old 7 Mar 2013, 15:57 (Ref:3215602)   #3
NICHOLAS JACKSON
Rookie

NICHOLAS JACKSON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This car went 'missing' so could be in a barn somewhere.
It came from the USA and was sold by Alan Mann, there is a well known advert showing their forecourt with this car and two Falcons up for sale.
Holman and Moody are building 6 replica cars, I believe 3 have been completed the first being sold to the Germans. These cars are very fast and are only allowed to race against sports prototypes rather than saloons. The German car is much faster round a track than any GT40.
Old 8 Mar 2013, 23:22 (Ref:3216162)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yes thought it was the Alan Mann car.

Alan even won a race of two with it iirc, but can't recall what it was doing over here though! Some kind of engineering evaluation for Holman Moody?

Frightening really, was there any type of touring car racing that Henry didn't have a car available for?!