Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Sep 2009, 16:50 (Ref:2549869)   #1
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Close to Silverstone, anyone recommend a pub/restuarant?

May have a group of 30 or so, for a Sat night evening meal, the closer to the circuit the better not dear, not cheap (cafe) though! Any recommends anyone?
Old 28 Sep 2009, 16:55 (Ref:2549876)   #2
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a nice sit down Chinese meal with friends at the one down the main road in Towcester.....

Also the pub/hotel further down the A43 from Silverstone is nice, probably closer too....
Old 28 Sep 2009, 17:44 (Ref:2549918)   #3
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Saracens Head in Towcester is very good.
Old 28 Sep 2009, 17:51 (Ref:2549922)   #4
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Sun Inn at Whitfield is an excellant eatery. Good food and can accommodate up to 30, but a party that size, it might be advisable to book. Whitfield is about 5 miles from Brackley.
Old 28 Sep 2009, 19:00 (Ref:2549982)   #5
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's quite a few around the football/rugby stadium, just before you get into Northampton. There's a nice "Friendly Inn" motel there aswell.
Old 28 Sep 2009, 19:53 (Ref:2550024)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
Saracens Head in Towcester is very good.
Ring them first they have a lot off wedding's. We use them for our AGM. Very good and you can have a bit of a barter on the price.Ive got the number Dick.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 07:04 (Ref:2550279)   #7
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Guys, I'll try them all..
Old 29 Sep 2009, 07:13 (Ref:2550283)   #8
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
White Horse in Silverstone is closest, normal pub food available. They have a room upstairs that easily takes 30 just give them a call and book beforehand.

The Rice Bowl chinese in Towcester is very good, if Indian is preferred try the New Bakesh in Towcester.

There are numerous pubs around the area that do food but think 30 on a Saturday night would be quite difficult.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 07:35 (Ref:2550291)   #9
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stoke Bruerne, about 4 miles from Towcester has a good Indian, and a large pub/restaurant plus another pub. You can buy me a drink while you're there!
Old 29 Sep 2009, 09:02 (Ref:2550334)   #10
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Atrium at Whittlebury Hall does a carvery which is very good and also reasonably priced, think £12 per head last time we went for 2 courses. Again would suggest booking if large groups.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 11:38 (Ref:2550430)   #11
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Some might say that's a good reason to avoid the place?

Just to add Banbury's various options to the list. It's not as close as Towcester, but plenty to choose from. All the way from Burger King via Pizza Hut and Bennie n Franks, up to Cordon Blue. if that's what you wanted.

Under 20 minutes door to circuit. I used to have a favourite Chinese restaurant, but the chef's retired, and it's just not the same.
Old 28 Jun 2011, 20:20 (Ref:2907584)   #12
plavix
Rookie

plavix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems the other pub, which is in Whttlebury (about fifteen minutes walk from Gate 5), has re-opened, The Fox & Hounds. I found it here: www.gpsurvival.com.

Went there last year with friends during the 2010 F1 GP. Nice pub, good food and really friendly owners.

Nice, good and friendly deserves support over and above a pavement, plastic pints and twenty minutes to get served in my opinion.
Old 29 Jun 2011, 08:03 (Ref:2907798)   #13
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Used this place on business a few times and we then stayed here when Arthur was 7 weeks old, his first race meeting, nice place, good bar and restaurant, a proper old coaching House too.

http://www.walnut-tree.co.uk/
Old 29 Jun 2011, 08:05 (Ref:2907800)   #14
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
up to Cordon Blue. if that's what you wanted..
I've heard Gordons Blue when I went up to his workshop
Old 29 Jun 2011, 10:43 (Ref:2907876)   #15
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Used this place on business a few times and we then stayed here when Arthur was 7 weeks old, his first race meeting, nice place, good bar and restaurant, a proper old coaching House too.

Seems a dangerous business taking the offspring out to eat these day's

White Hart, but phone first as advised earlier
Old 29 Jun 2011, 12:08 (Ref:2907915)   #16
plavix
Rookie

plavix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post

But, but, but that's not exactly stumbling distance!
Old 29 Jun 2011, 13:14 (Ref:2907971)   #17
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
nothing is really but you can't cook for 30 in the average camper and SIlverstones already had its sunny day this year.

Arthur slept in the room and we took the baby monitor down to the restaurant. sorted. then went to see a band in the bar . . .