Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Jul 2015, 14:50 (Ref:3561958)   #1
ITSIDWAYS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bexley
ITSIDWAYS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CTCRC Pembrey Meeting on the 15\16th of August

Hi all

Following on from the phenomenal success of the new discount scheme offered by the CTCRC and BARC at Brands Hatch,the offer has been extended to the race weekend at Pembrey on the 15\16th of August.

Entrants will be refunded up to £75 should the entry of any given championship exceed target figures. The scheme will see competitors refunded £25 upon the entry reaching 15 cars, whilst grids reaching 20 cars will reward competitors with a total of £75!

Free Weekend membership to BARC AND the CTCRC will be offered at this event.

Old 29 Jul 2015, 08:18 (Ref:3562112)   #2
ITSIDWAYS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bexley
Please also note that If you wish to race in a second championship then it costs £220 for qualifying and 2 races.

If you wish to do a Single race then its - £130.
Old 31 Jul 2015, 15:56 (Ref:3562846)   #3
ITSIDWAYS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bexley
Pembrey Relay Race

The CTCRC are pleased to announce an ‘Pembrey Relay Race’ at Pembrey.
This will be a 1 hour long race and will cost £90. To compete in this race you need to have taken part in your respective championship races during the weekend.
You must have at least 2 people in your team.
The race will be run in much the same way as the Birkett Relay, i.e. one car in one car out. With a team of two cars and two drivers running at 30 minutes each.
A handicap will be in place… (so there’s nothing stopping a pre66 and a pre-83 team competing against 2 Thunder team, as the Thunders will be handicapped accordingly, rules for handicap to be announced nearer the time).
Please also note that at Pembrey, each race will be 20mins instead of the normal 15mins to compensate the short coming at Donnington.
Old 3 Aug 2015, 13:37 (Ref:3563504)   #4
ITSIDWAYS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bexley
Hi all

I emailed the admin at Pembrey to see if there was anything interesting (other than the spectacular racing of course) for website content ,and they replied with the below:

This event is celebrating our 25th Anniversary so lots of extras, Evening entertainment, Special guests from the world of motorsport, Displays etc All will be announced within the next couple of days watch our website for full details.
Old 3 Aug 2015, 20:15 (Ref:3563585)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Looking good, I was there competing at the inaugral race so it would be fitting to attend this event if possible.
Old 7 Aug 2015, 16:29 (Ref:3564408)   #6
ITSIDWAYS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bexley
Only a week to go.

Grids are starting to fill up .
Old 10 Aug 2015, 09:11 (Ref:3565073)   #7
ITSIDWAYS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bexley
Only 3 days to go until cut off.
Old 10 Aug 2015, 21:43 (Ref:3565197)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I'm in! 2nd Gen Camaro back out for first time since suspension failure at Cadwell put us into the tyre wall!
Old 15 Aug 2015, 12:54 (Ref:3566174)   #9
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just checked this on TSL - I knew not much interest from my ALFA people unfortunately, but it must be disappointing for CTCRC -
Pre-83: 8 entries
Classic Thunder: 7 entries
Pre-93: 11 entries
Thermex Classic and Historic TC: 10 entries
Pre 2000 + Blue Oval: 12 entries
Pre 2003: 16 entries

I guess Pembrey is cheaper to hire than MSVR tracks, but I know from the experience of running races with low entries for AROC last year that its expensive

Why so few? - Summer holiday time?, too many events too close together? (eg. I know quite a few people were at Croft last weekend), Pembrey perceived as "too far"?
Old 17 Aug 2015, 11:38 (Ref:3566445)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Once you are on the road all loaded up its not a bad run and I bought the cheapest LPG at Cardiff Gateway Services on the M4 I have seen for many a year at just 52.7p so even in my 5.7 litre tow vehicle it wasn't too bad getting there and back. The circuit is fine but somewhat spoilt (IMHO) by that awful tight hairpin situated oddly at the end of the start finish straight, they have plenty of room there and I am sure if they emulated Shell Oils banked corner at Oulton the whole persona of the circuit would change. This wretched corner resulted in a lot of damage over the weekend yet again. The facilitys are OK at Pembrey and the bar and food was good and even had entertainment something Silverstone would be wise to copy. Oh and the two nights we spent at Burry Port just 3 or 4 miles up the road and a delightful little place, were really nice.

All in all I had a good weekend, 2 dry races and yes I was the only one in class A in Pre 83's but finished therefore I won it and I had two great races with tenacious Peter Holton in his Rover P6 (does that man ever throw in the towel lol?). I made 2 epic starts and was up with the leaders from the back of the grid (the car really want to be a dragster I think) for a lap or two but although the car was more than capable of staying with them the driver wilted after several laps so after taking a hit that nearly took me out I backed off and enjoyed the race with Peter. So in answer to Richards question, I really don't know the reason.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 17 Aug 2015 at 11:46.
Old 17 Aug 2015, 14:58 (Ref:3566474)   #11
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Ah - you were there.....I'd only seen the qualy times....and you weren't in them - TSL cock-up or were you running out of session?

Glad you had a decent outing, anyway.
Old 19 Aug 2015, 06:06 (Ref:3566877)   #12
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I had a problem in assembly area so went out of session.