Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Nov 2010, 12:33 (Ref:2793082)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HSCC Autosport 3 Hours - Snetterton

The annual 3 hrs meeting, alll HSCC Classes.
Old 26 May 2011, 08:07 (Ref:2886019)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Time for me to 'big up' this meeting I feel. It's one I look forward to more than most in the season and I have a personal interest in it as well, so who is going?
Old 26 May 2011, 09:21 (Ref:2886039)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See you there John,I'm in 'The Office' for the weekend.
Old 26 May 2011, 14:48 (Ref:2886216)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Yup, Suzanne, James and myself will be out in S's trusty B. Looking forward to the event as always!
Old 26 May 2011, 18:12 (Ref:2886313)   #5
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
........and the rest of Team North Walsham will be there too.........keeping a watchful eye from RC!

Always look forward to this meeting and catching up with everyone!

Terry
Old 26 May 2011, 18:21 (Ref:2886323)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell View Post
........and the rest of Team North Walsham will be there too.........keeping a watchful eye from RC!

Always look forward to this meeting and catching up with everyone!

Terry
Likewise! And always good to know we have friends in high places
Old 1 Jun 2011, 10:06 (Ref:2889286)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You wish!

Should be the usually great event that it is. Did the last one just before it was stopped back in 2003? I think,were supposed to be using the B but because of a diff problem, Chris Conoley and myself decided to use the CMS TR4 instead. It was great then and pleased to see that it still has the same 'feel' about it.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 08:18 (Ref:2889804)   #8
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I,m there as well with my marquee and FORC providing cover for the Jim Russell memorabilia display etc,etc.

It is going to be be a good meeting, and i don,t know about everyone else, but Snetterton seems to have gone up a gear nowadays and has an even better atmosphere.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 11:57 (Ref:2889936)   #9
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there with the 'S'. Always a good meeting and looking forward to trying the new circuit, unfortunately I can't fit any testing in beforehand so the first lap will be full of those sharp learning curves I keep hearing about
Old 2 Jun 2011, 13:18 (Ref:2889987)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
I'll be there with the 'S'. Always a good meeting and looking forward to trying the new circuit, unfortunately I can't fit any testing in beforehand so the first lap will be full of those sharp learning curves I keep hearing about

There are two 'curves' Colin,the rest are corners.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 21:28 (Ref:2890219)   #11
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phew, that's a relief
Old 4 Jun 2011, 07:59 (Ref:2890905)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And of course the first corner after the start line is a left hander.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 09:03 (Ref:2890925)   #13
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
..... but only if you are racing a combine harvester!
Old 4 Jun 2011, 09:52 (Ref:2890942)   #14
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Entry list here:-

http://www.hscc.org.uk/resources/Pro...our%202011.pdf

You will note the absence, for the first time from the main event, I believe, of Michael Schryver's Chevron B6 which he was to share with Will and Autosport's Ben Anderson. I understand that sadly, it's entry has been withdrawn due to engine maladies. Great shame.

The B8s of Lovett/Hadfield and Fleming/Stevens look particularly dangerous as does, as usual, the Shipman/Hales Crossle 9S which will surely one day have an untroubled run. Is Steve Hodges really running on his own? Can anyone see any other candidates for outright victory? There maybe a few late entries of course because the grid looks a bit lighter than usual at the moment.

Looking forward to seeing the Rawlson CR6 as I this is a new car to me.

Last edited by John Turner; 4 Jun 2011 at 10:01.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 13:45 (Ref:2891029)   #15
Nick Fleming
Rookie

Nick Fleming should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve Hodges told me he was using an ex touring car driver as his second man. Andy Somebody... I think it might be Middlehurst. Looking at the entry list I don't think it will be a walkover for anyone...

Fingers crossed the 3 hr is a great fight to the last lap..... although with Luke as my second driver my money is on us. I think we've got a very fast driver combo...

I'm sure Lovett and Hodges think the same though.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 18:01 (Ref:2891153)   #16
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Would think that Andy Middlehurst is best all round driver in race and a nice bloke. Works Touring cars to F1.Not bad in a historic clubbie 3 hrs!Does it because he enjoys it.

Luke is quickest bloke round Snetterton and would think they are best mix as two drivers would compliment each other.Pity Mr Schryver is not playing and Sir Simon can't do it on his own but you never know.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 19:59 (Ref:2891199)   #17
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
27 cars of which 10 are in the invitation class for B8's and similar (including the Rawlson which I presume will be racing with a 1000cc screamer as it did in period). I must say I was surpised by the grid size. I believe CSCC are running a Spa weekend which has presumably taken some cars.
Old 6 Jun 2011, 09:17 (Ref:2891970)   #18
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I'm with JR on this. If Andy Middlehust is with Steve H, then we cetainly do have another major contender for outright honours.
Old 8 Jun 2011, 08:44 (Ref:2893304)   #19
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
weather is not looking great for Friday or Saturday......
Old 8 Jun 2011, 11:49 (Ref:2893372)   #20
McMuttley
Racer

England
Bromley
McMuttley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
weather is not looking great for Friday or Saturday......
Indeed, new surface, intermittent showers, lots not familiar with the layout - likely to be a weekend full of flags!

I reckon friday testing will be very interrupted with reds all over - and lots of yellows thru' the weekend. Gonna be a busy time for the officials and the good ol mashalls keeping us running - bets of luck to all.

(ps, Dear Clerk of the Course - if i do happen to accidently run wide more than just the once - its almost certainly to avoid going into a spin or being hit by someone about to do the same or because its a new circuit - and is done so not to gain an advantage, but to keep the event running without interruption - honest!)
Old 8 Jun 2011, 12:16 (Ref:2893384)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuttley View Post
(ps, Dear Clerk of the Course - if i do happen to accidently run wide more than just the once - its almost certainly to avoid going into a spin or being hit by someone about to do the same or because its a new circuit - and is done so not to gain an advantage, but to keep the event running without interruption - honest!)
Lol.

If you do find yourself running wide it will probably cause a stoppage! There's very little in the way of gravel or anything other than grass and er barriers!

That said the kerbs (in the dry) are there to be ridden and in one particular corner tend to grip the car and line it up for the perfect exit, really odd effect.

Enjoy yourself. And good luck to everyone attending this event. Long may it continue.
Old 8 Jun 2011, 20:18 (Ref:2893856)   #22
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
I see BBC weather is today giving hail showers for Saturday, proper Snet weather!!! What kind of summer is this???!!!
Old 8 Jun 2011, 21:25 (Ref:2893914)   #23
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
I see BBC weather is today giving hail showers for Saturday, proper Snet weather!!! What kind of summer is this???!!!
English?
Old 8 Jun 2011, 22:18 (Ref:2893954)   #24
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuttley View Post
Indeed, new surface, intermittent showers, lots not familiar with the layout - likely to be a weekend full of flags!

I reckon friday testing will be very interrupted with reds all over - and lots of yellows thru' the weekend. Gonna be a busy time for the officials and the good ol mashalls keeping us running - bets of luck to all.

Just so happens that the Dear Clerk of the Course may be in disguise on Friday keeping a watchful eye over events! I know 'cause I have it from a very good source!

Key suggestions - please keep it between the two white lines, please don't put wheels over the edges, otherwise you could be soon heading very quickly towards all that strong new armco on the inside of Riches and on the start of Bentley Straight for example! Also you may be throwing stones onto the track - which on the next lap you may be on the receiving end of and which could cause lost time (which we do not have) clearing the track between sessions. If damp the tarmac will be extremely slippery in most places so please give each other some space. .........and remember we have a good cctv system to see if you are actually being honest!

Apart from the above - we are all looking forward to the event and are busily doing our Sun dance routines so as to prove the weather forecasters wrong.

See you all the weekend!

Terry
Old 8 Jun 2011, 22:49 (Ref:2893968)   #25
McMuttley
Racer

England
Bromley
McMuttley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell View Post
............... we have a good cctv system to see if you are actually being honest!........Terry
I used to wonder why the general public objected to CCTV taking over the town centres, when we were all allegedly doing now't wrong - but look what happened, Mr MSVR obviously bought the bleepin lot dirt cheap - must have traded in another heliochopper.

Where's freedom I say, where's the chance to express yourself, where's the entertainment gone, whatever happened to being able to say whatever you wanted to the boys back at the pits as to who's fault it was and they'd no now't better!

As for the graveltrappy stuff, i'll be carrying the choccy biscuits with me in the footwell for qualifying to hand out to the lucky post that gets me - suspect it'll be a low number.

I heard the old boys talking of the days when you could make crop circles and happily carrying on to a reasonable finish, that must have been fun (bet the farmers didnt have bleepin cctv and a points system)!!!

Lets hope its a sunny sunday