Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Jun 2011, 10:34 (Ref:2900826)   #1
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MG Live! June 24-26th

I thought I would start a thread as it's not far away.
Old 17 Jun 2011, 11:40 (Ref:2900855)   #2
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
not historic but we are there with the green ZS in PBIC; will be up against Anthony Reid - well, on track at the same time as...
Old 17 Jun 2011, 15:15 (Ref:2900980)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good luck. Sadly I had to pull my entry for this one.
Old 17 Jun 2011, 15:51 (Ref:2900990)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hopefully while we are out in Porto Nick should of sorted out the diff for his MGB and we can fit it in on Thursday ready for him to race at the weekend.Gunna be buisy when we get back.
Old 17 Jun 2011, 17:43 (Ref:2901045)   #5
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not going this year alas, work commitments. Enjoy!
Old 17 Jun 2011, 17:50 (Ref:2901052)   #6
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Hopefully while we are out in Porto Nick should of sorted out the diff for his MGB and we can fit it in on Thursday ready for him to race at the weekend.Gunna be buisy when we get back.
Will you be at MG Live then Iain?
Old 17 Jun 2011, 17:59 (Ref:2901057)   #7
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm running the Grantura in the FIA race on Saturday and the Equipe GTS on Sunday - or at least that's the plan. After 2 DNFs and a DNS at Spa last week its all in bits at the moment - busy weekend ahead!
Old 17 Jun 2011, 18:01 (Ref:2901059)   #8
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post

It's under an hours work,rest of the day off then?
Old 18 Jun 2011, 08:24 (Ref:2901280)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is always such a well attended meeting, and usually has a terrific display of MGs through the ages in addition to the racing. I might try to get there for one of the days.
Old 20 Jun 2011, 15:03 (Ref:2902419)   #10
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep...I'll be there, hopefully...diff etc permitting! Sharing with Martin as well so should be a great w/e
Old 20 Jun 2011, 15:39 (Ref:2902426)   #11
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jason and I will be there on Sunday sharing our Lancia Aurelia in Julius' HRDC 45 minute race. Looking forward to it.

First time on the Arena circuit in a car although have competed in a duathlon there in May and have another one tomorrow evening. Should be good fun other than I'm feeling a bit tired after completing the London to Brighton bike ride yesterday...
Old 20 Jun 2011, 19:42 (Ref:2902538)   #12
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone received confirmation of entry yet? I have been told orally that I have an entry and that the reason that I do not have tickets yet is because the MGCC are "slow". Derwent et al have you received anything yet?
Old 20 Jun 2011, 20:14 (Ref:2902554)   #13
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick JM View Post
Has anyone received confirmation of entry yet? I have been told orally that I have an entry and that the reason that I do not have tickets yet is because the MGCC are "slow". Derwent et al have you received anything yet?
My final instructions and tickets arrived in the post on Saturday morning.

If you are Nick Morrison sharing with Martin Brown then you are definitely in as the entry is in the listings and on the MGCC site
Old 20 Jun 2011, 22:24 (Ref:2902609)   #14
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
similarly I received tickets and finals on Saturday - but the 2nd driver hasn't seen anything yet...
Old 21 Jun 2011, 07:57 (Ref:2902721)   #15
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Yes, everyone I know got their passes and tickets on Saturday including the HRDC lads.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 10:20 (Ref:2902775)   #16
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
Yes, everyone I know got their passes and tickets on Saturday including the HRDC lads.
Well I'm on the time-keeping team and mine haven't arrived yet (have chased up). Suppose there's always 'time' though.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 10:28 (Ref:2902780)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Derwent clearly doesn't know you Gary.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 11:19 (Ref:2902803)   #18
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've not been to this event before, but looking forward to it. I'm sharing the Tornado Talisman with Simon on Sunday in the HRDC race, heading up Friday to do some testing, and final shakedown type stuff, and try and learn the circuit a bit! It'll be the maiden race outing for the new camper as well (not lap times just living quarters!)
Old 21 Jun 2011, 11:29 (Ref:2902806)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It is a fun event. Although I've missed a few years on and off, it does have a great car club atmosphere. You'll find some anaraks, some race enthusiasts and a few who are only there for the beer.

Enjoy.

Oh and be nice to Pam Gammons at sign on, otherwise.................................
Old 21 Jun 2011, 12:15 (Ref:2902837)   #20
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And be careful where you park your trailer in the paddock.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 13:00 (Ref:2902864)   #21
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Are there lots of nimbies? oh goodie, I like nimbies, haven't had a good verbal outing for a while. Welcome to tweed-world, please park responsibly . . .
Old 21 Jun 2011, 14:35 (Ref:2902906)   #22
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
There is always an issue with thoughtless parking behind the pits. Really all trailers should be somewhere else as well. It's something they need to tighten up on really. Twice last year I returned from practice, or a race, and could not get into my garage.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 14:44 (Ref:2902914)   #23
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One thing I find very amusing/annoying is just how important the later model MG Saloon boys think they are!,sorry but not on my 'to do'list.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 16:17 (Ref:2902948)   #24
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I think the HRDC will have an eclectic fence to keep all the tartan blankets at bay
Old 21 Jun 2011, 16:42 (Ref:2902953)   #25
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
One thing I find very amusing/annoying is just how important the later model MG Saloon boys think they are!,sorry but not on my 'to do'list.
Doesn't that go for most of the MG owners at this meeting? I'll be there on sufferance.