Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Nov 2019, 21:53 (Ref:3938771)   #101
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rudernst's car is an absolute stunner; but showing my ignorance what is it? The badge might indicate an Alfa, but what do I know!
Old 5 Nov 2019, 22:00 (Ref:3938772)   #102
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Rudernst's car is an absolute stunner; but showing my ignorance what is it? The badge might indicate an Alfa, but what do I know!
Lorraine-Dietrich B3-6 Le Mans. Won the 24 hour race in1925 & 26.

By the way, the Alfa is the one that has Alfa Romeo written on the radiator grill.
Just so you know.

L_D Bentley, Lago Talbot, Lagonda, Alfa, Delahaye.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 02:51 (Ref:3938799)   #103
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Wonder who might be interested in few old snaps
All real Talbots except one replica.
The LHD 2 litre Alta
Owned most of those and still do a similar Alta
Found that LHD Alta in a barn in Philly in 2000
Talbot 21 is 34 works car, 52 and 54 the 31 works cars
Not sure which Invicta so that seems to be a VSCC race with pretend Talbot
Old 6 Nov 2019, 06:04 (Ref:3938818)   #104
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Just so you know.
Another question, I wonder how Mike H managed to spot Rundernst? Is the Bentley a blower?
Old 6 Nov 2019, 08:13 (Ref:3938833)   #105
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Another question, I wonder how Mike H managed to spot Rundernst? Is the Bentley a blower?
These ex-frogs! What can you do?

Gerry; re-read the original question to get your first answer, and take a close look at the front of the Bentley for your second.

Why do I waste my time?
Old 6 Nov 2019, 08:14 (Ref:3938835)   #106
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Wonder who might be interested in few old snaps
All real Talbots except one replica.
The LHD 2 litre Alta
Owned most of those and still do a similar Alta
Found that LHD Alta in a barn in Philly in 2000
Talbot 21 is 34 works car, 52 and 54 the 31 works cars
Not sure which Invicta so that seems to be a VSCC race with pretend Talbot
It looked big and green, John. My blunder.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 10:30 (Ref:3938854)   #107
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It looked big and green, John. My blunder.
I think John meant the second car in the last picture, the Talbot is a "new" build.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 10:38 (Ref:3938855)   #108
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
These ex-frogs! What can you do?
Well if you like me to answer your question, few things! Actually. Fact is I see a Blower and couldn't find any as a Le Mans winner till now. WTF? I'm found of your pictures, I appreciate your quizz and I love you. Simple like that, man! Qui c'est qui va faire un p'tit bisou Ã* son Momo préféré, hein?
Old 6 Nov 2019, 15:04 (Ref:3938884)   #109
bauble
Veteran

England
Cher, Mohammed, Vive L'Amour.

Try this lot;
Attached Thumbnails
113.jpg   Driver 1.JPG   Driver 2.jpg  

Driver 3.jpg   Driver 4.JPG   Driver 5.JPG  

Old 6 Nov 2019, 15:18 (Ref:3938886)   #110
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Cher, Mohammed, Vive L'Amour.

Try this lot;
Last 2 are Nick Mason and Adrian Newey.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 15:21 (Ref:3938888)   #111
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Number two is Keke Rosberg, I think, and I know who No. 4 is but for the life of me, I cannot recall the name.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 15:29 (Ref:3938889)   #112
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Number two is Keke Rosberg, I think, and I know who No. 4 is but for the life of me, I cannot recall the name.
I'm in the same boat Mike, I'm sure he's ex F1 or sportscars (or even both). I will exclaim "Of Course" when someone else names him!
The only other thing I'd add is the No 1 looks like Harry Enfield (but I'm sure it isn't.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 15:35 (Ref:3938891)   #113
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Riccardo Patrese, surely for No. 4. David Piper number 3, Nick Mason number 5. Is number 1 the late Henry Hope-Frost?
Old 6 Nov 2019, 15:35 (Ref:3938892)   #114
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is No3 David Piper & No4 Riccardo Patrese.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 15:37 (Ref:3938894)   #115
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought that was David Piper. Damn thats frustrating.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 15:53 (Ref:3938897)   #116
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talking of Riccardo Patrese, maybe it's time to watch this clip again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpo8RDyOEWY
Old 6 Nov 2019, 19:01 (Ref:3938913)   #117
bauble
Veteran

England
I trust that not too many of you will know these good people;
Attached Thumbnails
Marshals 5.JPG   Marshals 6.JPG   Marshals 4.JPG  

Marshals 3.JPG   Marshals 1.JPG   Marshals 2.JPG  

Old 6 Nov 2019, 19:09 (Ref:3938914)   #118
bauble
Veteran

England
Can you put these cars in sequence?

RB if you get the answer, let others have a chance to mull it over. You are too darn clever.
Attached Thumbnails
V8.jpg   V2.JPG   V12.jpg  

V16.jpg   V4.jpg   V6.jpg  

Old 6 Nov 2019, 19:18 (Ref:3938919)   #119
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
I trust that not too many of you will know these good people;
No but without them none of this would be possible.

to them.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 19:48 (Ref:3938926)   #120
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Those drivers
Is the first one a pretend driver?
His brother was good!
Old 6 Nov 2019, 20:22 (Ref:3938936)   #121
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Think I have got it, when can I have a go?
Old 6 Nov 2019, 20:39 (Ref:3938937)   #122
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Before RBS answers can I have a quick stab at :- Morgan Vee Twin , Saab 95 V4 , Lancia Aurelia V6 , Maserati V8 RI , Lagonda Le Mans V12 and BRM V16 .
Old 6 Nov 2019, 21:05 (Ref:3938944)   #123
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Well done.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 21:34 (Ref:3938946)   #124
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks rbs.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 21:45 (Ref:3938948)   #125
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Thanks rbs.
Why the heck am I making things so easy? Now I have to think of something else to keep people interested.

How about naming the driver in the BRM?