Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 3 Sep 2019, 14:39 (Ref:3925610)   #176
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I think that the Centoventi has some potential, if the design is polished a bit.

BTW the name means 120, for the anniversary of Fiat.
Old 3 Sep 2019, 14:40 (Ref:3925611)   #177
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Hyundai i10

Old 3 Sep 2019, 16:02 (Ref:3925631)   #178
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
What makes it digital?
The fact that you either like it or you hate it.
(Or would that make it Binary?)
Old 4 Sep 2019, 20:33 (Ref:3925881)   #179
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Honda e

100-115 kW electric engines
35.5 kWh battery

Old 5 Sep 2019, 05:26 (Ref:3925920)   #180
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Honda have confirmed that this is the final production spec, according to the motoring press. I’m a bit puzzled by a choice of two power outputs, 135 or 153 bhp, same torque, and hardly any difference in performance. Why? Unless the higher output only comes with a higher spec car.... Same small battery pack for both, and starting price over £30K. That’s going to be the killer for many people!
Old 5 Sep 2019, 07:31 (Ref:3925935)   #181
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Honda e

100-115 kW electric engines
35.5 kWh battery

When this was posted two months ago, it seems not much has changed from the version that was tested by journalists back then to the release now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Honda e

Old 5 Sep 2019, 14:08 (Ref:3925989)   #182
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
It needs a cheaper, less powerful version.
Old 5 Sep 2019, 16:33 (Ref:3926017)   #183
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the lack of side view mirrors feels odd..actually the whole dash is odd. i guess this is what going 'digital' means.

personally i like more analog switches and i dislike the new style where options are buried within a digital/touchscreen console and where one must navigate sub menus to find an option...dangerous stuff imo.

anyways, no doubt the lack of side mirrors in favour of more screens helps raise the price point.
Old 5 Sep 2019, 16:37 (Ref:3926019)   #184
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I'd put a tenner on it happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'll agree to that bet! I'll happily give it to 2020, rather than the announced 2019, as things get delayed a lot.

I'd totally buy one of those. I just don't think they'll make it. Someone needs to bump this thread in 3 years to make one of us poorer
I think I'm about to be down £10.
Old 5 Sep 2019, 16:51 (Ref:3926022)   #185
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
The Audi E-tron has camera mirrors as an option, but the little Honda has them as standard, which is surprising on a lower priced ‘city’ EV, and would have cost a bit to include. I guess as we’re not used to them they look odd, but if they get widely adopted, we probably won’t even notice the difference. Wonder how much to replace one if it gets damaged? Could it be cheaper than a modern fancy electric mirror?
Old 5 Sep 2019, 19:11 (Ref:3926045)   #186
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
personally i like more analog switches and i dislike the new style where options are buried within a digital/touchscreen console and where one must navigate sub menus to find an option...dangerous stuff imo..
- with analog controls you know where they are and can use them without looking. I'm not sure that's possible with the touch screen thingies.

And that Honda - £30K Not a chance.
Old 6 Sep 2019, 04:52 (Ref:3926124)   #187
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post

And that Honda - £30K Not a chance.
Surely it’s worth that for those funky mirrors?
Old 6 Sep 2019, 10:14 (Ref:3926163)   #188
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Return of the Mini Traveller?

Old 6 Sep 2019, 10:32 (Ref:3926168)   #189
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Return of the Mini Traveller?
Well, if that becomes more than a concept, I hope it replaces that current abortion they call the Clubman...
Old 6 Sep 2019, 10:37 (Ref:3926169)   #190
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Well, if that becomes more than a concept, I hope it replaces that current abortion they call the Clubman...
'The new Mini MPV has been conceived to appeal to family car buyers seeking greater levels of interior versatility and space than the existing Clubman and Countryman.

It will be based on parent company BMW’s FAAR platform, which supports front- and four-wheel drive. There will be versions powered by internal combustion engines, a plug-in hybrid and, later in its seven-year life cycle, a battery-electric driveline in a Traveller SE model. The new five-seater is intended to complement existing Mini models. '
Old 6 Sep 2019, 13:19 (Ref:3926206)   #191
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Not sure how optimised for EV use the FAAR platform is, so that version could be a compromise. Shame if so because it would be a useful size vehicle for a lot of people.....
Old 30 Sep 2019, 11:45 (Ref:3931068)   #192
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Seat el-Born

'Seat's first bespoke electric car, the el-Born, has hit the road in new disguised testing shots ahead of its launch in 2020.

The model, named after a fashionable Barcelona neighbourhood, can be seen to sport dimensions and design details similar to the Geneva motor show concept, despite the usual camouflage.

Autocar was told earlier in the year that the Geneva concept was 95% production-ready, with only a few minor changes coming ahead of production, and that appears to be the case.'

Old 1 Oct 2019, 05:45 (Ref:3931229)   #193
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The concept was certainly more interesting to look at than the VW ID3, so if the production car gets the same battery packs and is the same price it should do well. Just find a better name......
Old 1 Oct 2019, 08:44 (Ref:3931244)   #194
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
The concept was certainly more interesting to look at than the VW ID3, so if the production car gets the same battery packs and is the same price it should do well. Just find a better name......
Autocar are reporting that:

'The El-Born will be the second EV built on the Volkswagen Group’s MEB electric architecture to go on sale when it is launched in 2020, after the Volkswagen ID hatchback. The engineering and powertrain of the two compact models are expected to be closely aligned, with a range of power outputs offered. The El-Born concept featured a 62kWh battery mounted in the skateboard chassis, with an electric motor making 201bhp. Seat claims it will achieve 0-62mph in 7.5sec.
It will be compatible with 100kW DC supercharging, allowing the battery to be filled from empty to 80% in 47 minutes. The total range is quoted at 261 miles for this concept. It will also feature a thermal management system to maximise range in hot weather.'
Old 4 Oct 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3931942)   #195
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I miss the old times when Seat used Spanish town names.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 11:19 (Ref:3932898)   #196
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I miss the old times when Seat used Spanish town names.
el-Born is a ‘fashionable Barcelona neighbourhood’ apparently!

Whatever, still a pretty rubbish name IMO.....
Old 10 Oct 2019, 00:03 (Ref:3933008)   #197
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
https://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Born

Apparently it means "jousting venue".
Old 10 Oct 2019, 08:05 (Ref:3933068)   #198
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
2021 Dacia Sandero

'What will underpin the next Sandero has yet to be confirmed. The current model sits on an ageing Renault-Nissan Alliance platform that has been around since 2002 – as does the current Duster, which was launched last year. Renault plans to have 80% of its Group models on the new compact CMF-B platform - premiered by the new Clio - by 2022.'

Old 16 Oct 2019, 17:39 (Ref:3935004)   #199
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Toyota Yaris

3.95 m long
Hybrid and conventional engines

Old 16 Oct 2019, 21:07 (Ref:3935056)   #200
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i am by no means a violent person but i am having a really strong urge to punch or kick that Yaris right in the mouth/grill. something about it is making me angry lol!