Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jul 2002, 21:32 (Ref:340100)   #1
Legend
Veteran

Legend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let’s stop Schumacher! I suggest we make moral-committee.

Michael Schumacher is winning and winning and winning. This is to much!!!
I suggest we make a moral-committee because he is winning according to the FIA rules. We will send our request to FIA and maybe they will agree.
To make it a more fair Formula1 I have made following rules to be forced upon FIA.
1) Michael Schumacher must not (be allowed to) overtake if the driver in front of him makes a mistake and drives in the sand box or if he spins of. (he must wait for the driver to come back on the track and he may only overtake when the opponent is on full speed again)
2) Michael Schumacher may not lap Yoong under any circumstances. (I like this one)
3) Michael Schumacher must make at least pit-stop 5 times in each race. (may not change tyres during any pit-stop visit)
4) Michael Schumacher’s speed limit in the pit: 10 miles pr. hour
5) Michael Schumacher’s race speed limit: 70 miles pr. hour
Those are some of the rules of Moral-Committee. Besides FIA may strip him of all his records and his championships, because of what he did to Villeneuve in 1997, according to Moral-Committee’s demand. Help us with your ideas on this issue. Send your suggestions here and we make Formula1 more fair. This man must be stopped as the world’s best drivers can not beat him. We can make a difference!!!
Old 22 Jul 2002, 21:49 (Ref:340114)   #2
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I am quite new to this forum, and I am not anti Schumacher - but is this flame bait or what?
Old 22 Jul 2002, 22:18 (Ref:340141)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Could be right Mal, I'm also guessing its a just a little sarcastic

For the record, I still dont think the above would prevent Michael from winning.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 22:24 (Ref:340147)   #4
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
_Very_ sarcastic... We don't need to make Schumacher drag Yoong around on a tether, just enforce the rules fairly and evenly.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 23:10 (Ref:340180)   #5
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I seem to recall someone suggesting once a long time ago that everyone should have a turbo McLaren, unless their name was Alain Prost.

If anyone did enter under the name "Alain Prost", they would be obliged to line up on the grid in a 1972 Ford Cortina.

I propose something similar, although I suspect Wrex is right, and not even this sanction would get in Michael's way.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 00:39 (Ref:340226)   #6
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Legend, you seem very like a troll.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 01:16 (Ref:340241)   #7
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I like the way Legend is thinking here, I mean, why should any of the other teams be expected to put in the time, $$$ and effort Ferrari has? My thoughts to "level the playing field" include:

1) Michael must be left on the jack (ala RB) at each start.
2) If TGF must have tires, then they must be street-legal all season radials. Firestone must have plenty leftover from their Ford contract.
3) Any pass initiated by TGF must be preceded by a written invitation proffered by the team/driver about to be overtaken.
4) RB gets to issue team orders to Todt and Ross.
5) Ferrari's budget will be limited to that of the PacWest CART Team.

Last edited by JohnSSC; 23 Jul 2002 at 01:17.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 01:30 (Ref:340251)   #8
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL...

continue to humor us
Old 23 Jul 2002, 01:57 (Ref:340260)   #9
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very good LOL.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 04:48 (Ref:340294)   #10
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Great thread. We need more like these to cheer us up. Belongs in the gravel trap though.

Valve
Old 23 Jul 2002, 05:26 (Ref:340302)   #11
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I propose 2 (two) sets of starting lights. One that works as the regular starts and one labelled Schumacher, that go off after all the other cars completed 10 laps. (Actually 3 sets, one labelled Yooung that goes off immediately after qualifying session.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 06:20 (Ref:340315)   #12
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
This is definately now a good humerous thread so I will add my suggestion:
The season should consist of circuits such as Nurburgring and Lemans where the field can use the standard circuit and MS can use the full 14 miles / 24 hour circuit- Yoong uses the go kart track - Oh and Ron Dennis is in the Headmasters Office whinging that MS has stolen all his toys (Trophies)and wont give them back.

Last edited by Mal; 23 Jul 2002 at 06:21.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 11:10 (Ref:340510)   #13
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Perhaps than we can add that directions around the circuit should be provided to TGF by Bernie, seeing as how he so easily "found" Silverstone.

Would Ron Dennis feel better if he were allowed to steal Jean Todt's lunch money from him once a week?
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 12:29 (Ref:340614)   #14
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
...or how about TGF cannot exceed 107% of Yoong's qualifying time...
Old 23 Jul 2002, 13:00 (Ref:340648)   #15
Legend
Veteran

All guys thanks for your efforts (I was laughing my butt off, nice ones guys). You have been a great help forging some new rules to impose on FIA to make things more fair. Moral Committee is about to become international.
Soon Schumi’s reign of terror will be nothing but history. Please keep on sending good ideas to this thread.
Some more rules are here:
1) Schumacher’s Ferrari must only have 2 gears. (1. gear and back gear)
2) Ferrari must (only) be armed with a deadly 1 cylinder engine. (using reserve parts of a power bike from a junkyard)
3) For every 5 laps completed Schumi must get out of the car and push the car for one entire lap.
4) Ferrari may only use 1 mechanic when Schumi comes to his pit-stops for changes and he must only have one arm and a very poor sight.
5) For Schumi’s dangerous way of driving, he must only drive behind a Safety car or even better behind Alex Yoong.
6) Ron Dennis is giving the authority to issue orders to Ferrari team.
7) Ron Dennis must be equipped with a remote-control to shut down the Ferrari at anytime.
8) And finally Ferrari must swap Rubens with Yoong and in the new contract Schumacher must sign in as Second-driver making Yoong first-driver. (Schumi must park behind the finish-line and wait for Yoong to pass him there)
Old 23 Jul 2002, 13:07 (Ref:340658)   #16
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
The rule no 4 is all wrong. He should change tyres and refuel all by himself. And rule no 1 can be improved, i.e 2 gears, but all reverse...
Old 23 Jul 2002, 13:24 (Ref:340682)   #17
Legend
Veteran

Another one that is also very good I think to stop Ferrari: Before the race FIA should summon Schumacher, Rubens, Jean Todt, Ross Brown and all the Ferrari mechanics in a small room and force them to smoke very strong weed until they see pink elephants. And than the race will be on and not before !!!
Old 23 Jul 2002, 13:28 (Ref:340685)   #18
Legend
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Red
The rule no 4 is all wrong. He should change tyres and refuel all by himself. And rule no 1 can be improved, i.e 2 gears, but all reverse...
I must admit that you have beat me there nice done mate!!! Your ideas are much more evololved!
Old 23 Jul 2002, 13:45 (Ref:340698)   #19
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And while we're at it, let's stop Lance Armstrong. And the Williams sisters. And Tiger Woods. (I'm sure you guys can provide other examples of athletes who ruin it for everyone.) Thank god Michael Jordan got old. Luckily, they all get old and infirm eventually -- Babe Ruth, Ted Willliams, Pele, Rod Laver, Muhammad Ali, all of them. Good riddance.

Having to watch great athletes at the pinnacle of their powers just sucks, doesn't it?
Old 23 Jul 2002, 13:56 (Ref:340708)   #20
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Excellent idea! And let's put Stalin as the head of all sports. (and let's dress them in the same overalls...)
Old 23 Jul 2002, 13:57 (Ref:340711)   #21
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
Why not make F1 a celebration of mediocrity? We could call it Formula1B or "F1Lite." I like eatapc's idea. Why should we be forced to watch athletes at the pinnacle of their careers lord their superiority over the rest of the poor sods? Look what this sort of thing is doing to the self-esteem of the also-rans. How can TFG sleep at night knowing that he isn't giving DC or Rubens a chance to win? Then I say the goal of F1Lite should be to have 22 races. Then each driver can win one. At the end of the season we give each driver the WDC because we are sure they all tried really, really hard.

Last edited by JohnSSC; 23 Jul 2002 at 13:58.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 14:07 (Ref:340716)   #22
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnSSC
...I say the goal of F1Lite should be to have 22 races. Then each driver can win one. At the end of the season we give each driver the WDC because we are sure they all tried really, really hard.
ROTFLMAO!
Old 23 Jul 2002, 16:32 (Ref:340814)   #23
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can call the serie "Catch-22"
Old 23 Jul 2002, 16:43 (Ref:340828)   #24
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
Bernie can sit in the tree with Yossarian for an unobstructed view!
Old 23 Jul 2002, 17:24 (Ref:340877)   #25
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would be an American Racing Series based in California. And of course they'd all get to wear Ferrari overalls so they could all feel like champions!

The races would have to be dumbed down, er, adjusted so that nobody could do better than the worst, er, most challenged driver on the grid.

============

The difference between watching a "team" player at his peak (e.g. Bobby Orr and Wayne Gretzky, to pick two guys from wholly different eras) is that the best team players are TEAM players. A TEAM player lifts up his TEAM to victory. Watching Guy Lafleur was wonderful only because he had Steve Shutt and Yvan Cournoyer with him. Guy Lafleur with Juha Widing and Dave Schultz, and without Robinson and Savard to protect his French one-way butt, would have been squashed like a bug.

Nevertheless, I recall during the 1970s hearing loud calls that the Montreal Canadiens be disbanded and their players spread throughout the "expansion" teams, especially after they won all but 10 of the games in 1976! And now you can't find the Canadiens with the Hubble Telescope.

So this too shall pass. TGF will retire and we will forget him and find someone else to revile.