Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Jul 2019, 07:22 (Ref:3920845)   #1
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
LE MANS CLASSIC

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this is an event that needs some planning!

I will definitely be going next year. My dilemma (and reason for the post) is where to stay. I’ll be arriving about lunchtime on Friday in a hire car having flown to Paris CDG.

Action is pretty much non-stop from Fri to Sun so a B&B (even if I can find one) hardly seems good value. My instinct is thus to sleep in the car in the car park both nights. I know this will be fine on Sat night, but is there likely to be any problem doing this Fri night? Track action finishes at 3am but I assume the circuit and car parks remain open? Or am I likely to be told to vacate the car park between 3am and re-opening time on Sat?

Thanks!
Old 15 Jul 2019, 07:22 (Ref:3920846)   #2
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this is an event that needs some planning!

I will definitely be going next year. My dilemma (and reason for the post) is where to stay. I’ll be arriving about lunchtime on Friday in a hire car having flown to Paris CDG.

Action is pretty much non-stop from Fri to Sun so a B&B (even if I can find one) hardly seems good value. My instinct is thus to sleep in the car in the car park both nights. I know this will be fine on Sat night, but is there likely to be any problem doing this Fri night? Track action finishes at 3am but I assume the circuit and car parks remain open? Or am I likely to be told to vacate the car park between 3am and re-opening time on Sat?

Thanks!
Old 2 Aug 2019, 16:59 (Ref:3920844)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
LE MANS CLASSIC

Anyopenroad’s post from 2018 thread copied here.

Last edited by Mike Bell; 2 Aug 2019 at 17:05.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 19:29 (Ref:3920862)   #4
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post

Thanks!
Slept in my Passat estate in the car park all weekend a few years back without a problem but the French can be a bit mercurial with some vehicles. Car shouldn't be a problem.
Old 23 Oct 2019, 17:10 (Ref:3936413)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Entry forms are now out. To be returned with €4000 euro deposit, which is refundable (eventually) should you not get a place.....
Old 23 Oct 2019, 17:50 (Ref:3936421)   #6
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And tickets aswell. Already queried with Old man.
Old 24 Oct 2019, 12:55 (Ref:3936562)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I’ve been told that unintentional (hopefully ) age-ism is at work on PA’s website, and the entry forms won’t accept a DOB before 1950!

Anyone older just needs to select 1950 as DOB and it will be manually corrected, apparently......
Old 24 Oct 2019, 17:07 (Ref:3936596)   #8
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
No point in putting me down as driver as way before that date
We will have usual fleet and need to find other cars to make up the teams.
Four cars in G1, one in G3 and two in G4

It’s the best meeting of the year.
Old 30 Oct 2019, 17:48 (Ref:3937688)   #9
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
age-ism is at work on PA’s website, and the entry forms won’t accept a DOB before 1950!
No kidding! Incredible racism… What about red and yellow cars? *
Old 1 Nov 2019, 08:42 (Ref:3937924)   #10
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I’ve been told that unintentional (hopefully ) age-ism is at work on PA’s website, and the entry forms won’t accept a DOB before 1950!

Anyone older just needs to select 1950 as DOB and it will be manually corrected, apparently......
I'm well clear of that, although I have noticed I do need to scroll on some websites, more than once these days.
Old 1 Nov 2019, 10:10 (Ref:3937948)   #11
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I'm well clear of that, although I have noticed I do need to scroll on some websites, more than once these days.
know that feeling !!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 1 Nov 2019, 10:34 (Ref:3937957)   #12
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Thought you would need a new co-driver Will?
Old 1 Nov 2019, 16:28 (Ref:3938010)   #13
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Thought you would need a new co-driver Will?
It’s ok he knocked a decade or so off his age!

He will kill me when he sees this!
Mag 7's #60
Old 4 Nov 2019, 17:32 (Ref:3938575)   #14
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
He will kill me when he sees this!
No worry about this, Will, just saw he placed an ad to replace you!
Old 4 Nov 2019, 17:34 (Ref:3938576)   #15
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Anita wouldn’t let him!
Old 4 Nov 2019, 20:52 (Ref:3938624)   #16
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Anita wouldn’t let him!
No one argues with The Team Mother
Mag 7's #60
Old 4 Nov 2019, 21:11 (Ref:3938625)   #17
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Does the eligible car list of types of 356 make any sense?
Old 5 Nov 2019, 17:59 (Ref:3938742)   #18
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I remember the list to be based on the models/years entered. Are you talking about displacement, 1100, 1500 and 1300 for the 356?
Old 5 Nov 2019, 18:11 (Ref:3938745)   #19
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

No 1600’s which is crazy?
This has to be wrong.
Old 5 Nov 2019, 19:04 (Ref:3938749)   #20
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ha OK, now I see your point, apologies for the misunderstanding. The website mentions 1100 in '51,'52 and '53; 1500 in '53, 1300 in '56 and 1500 Speedster in '56. The Porsche only list is rather long, with more than 60 different models. Do you think they missed something?
Old 5 Nov 2019, 19:11 (Ref:3938750)   #21
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Not an easy task imo, had a look to the '58 édition, wiki source. The RSK Spyder is entered with a 1600 and the RSK with a 1500, finishing 4th and 5th. A 356 is listed in 1961 with a 1600 but its a 356 B Abarth GTL. Looking at the displacement of some Panhard engines, may be this source is not accurate enough…

Last edited by Gerard C; 5 Nov 2019 at 19:18.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 02:40 (Ref:3938798)   #22
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

The 1600’s they list are 4 cams most of which now race with two litre engines
The Speedster and Coupe we raced at LMC had 1600 cc engines.
Most of 356’s in 60’s endurance have 1600 cc engines
I wanted to enter my T 6 that we occasionally race in Pre 63 but don’t think it’s possible
We may have a car for Mr Bell to drive along with his mate but let’s see if they accept entry
It’s nearly impossible to fill entry form without having problems with payment mechanism
Thought they would have sorted it at 6 grand a car!
Old 6 Nov 2019, 06:11 (Ref:3938819)   #23
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
As to the eligible car list I think a mistake is almost impossible. Those people are serious and experimented and there's more than a tight connection between ACO and PA. Now there's a list a there are lists.
Given the success, the 6 grand could be 8 or 10 it wouldn't change many things…
Old 6 Nov 2019, 08:17 (Ref:3938836)   #24
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our little Lotus Elite is entered. All we need is an acceptance haha
Old 6 Nov 2019, 10:12 (Ref:3938852)   #25
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
How/Who decides what's eligible and whats not when none of the FiA Homologation papers existed until 1960? . . .the first 356 on the database is No21, 1960, a 356B @ 1600 (cc) GS ?

How many different Pre A and A's did they make ? ( waits for JR to point me toward a book )