Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 12 Jul 2018, 18:57 (Ref:3836355)   #1976
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Some good news for Katherine Legge and Meyer Shank Racing!

https://racer.com/2018/07/12/meyer-s...inder-of-2018/

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/m...est-of-season/
Old 12 Jul 2018, 19:12 (Ref:3836357)   #1977
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I think I'm gonna go to Petit this year.
Old 12 Jul 2018, 19:31 (Ref:3836358)   #1978
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Good to see Legge get to continue
Old 13 Jul 2018, 15:52 (Ref:3836497)   #1979
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I'd have hoped that would happen since one, Sirius XM has been on the car recently, and Sirius XM's owner is now co-owner of MSR and that would've hopefully lead to an infusion of cash into the team.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 18:49 (Ref:3836533)   #1980
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
So who do you think takes the championships then? I think in GTLM the #67 Ford is looking pretty good. I don't see them having too many more bad runs. Too consistent too good.

GTD is for sure between the #48 Lambo and #86 Acura. I think the #33 Mercedes is too far back at this point to get up there. I'll go with the Shank Acura. I feel that Madison Snow (who is much better this year) has a mistake or two in him still somewhere along the way.
Old 14 Jul 2018, 01:52 (Ref:3836591)   #1981
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I'd have hoped that would happen since one, Sirius XM has been on the car recently, and Sirius XM's owner is now co-owner of MSR and that would've hopefully lead to an infusion of cash into the team.
SiriusXM is owned by Liberty Media, if there's a connection he has to be in management.
Old 14 Jul 2018, 02:09 (Ref:3836593)   #1982
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
SiriusXM is owned by Liberty Media, if there's a connection he has to be in management.
Jim Meyer — the Meyer of Meyer Shank Racing — is the CEO of SiriusXM.
Old 17 Jul 2018, 17:59 (Ref:3837157)   #1983
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nismo seems to have been working with ESM to fix their engine issues.

https://racer.com/2018/07/17/nismo-w...engine-issues/

Turns out they lightened some components in the engine recently, and that hasn't seemed to work for the Ligier.
Old 17 Jul 2018, 18:23 (Ref:3837162)   #1984
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

Turns out they lightened some components in the engine recently, and that hasn't seemed to work for the Ligier.

Unsurprising - Nissan DOES provide technical assistance to their customers, after all.
Old 18 Jul 2018, 12:57 (Ref:3837311)   #1985
MaskedRacer
Veteran

#24 BMW M8 carrying a black livery at Lime Rock this weekend.
Old 20 Jul 2018, 16:02 (Ref:3837699)   #1986
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Lost the #16 Porsche for the weekend. At least the diversity is there. GTD still has 8 difference manufacturers in the field.

I hope the race goes full course yellow free. No reason not too. 18 car grid plus Lime Rock is all grass.

So far its advantage Ford on the practice times. Lexus fastest again in GTD and only half a second off the slowest GTLM which is a Corvette.

Love the all GT races. From the media standpoint, I know John Dagys and Marshall Pruett have praised the all GT format in the past.
Old 20 Jul 2018, 16:57 (Ref:3837702)   #1987
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Lost the #16 Porsche for the weekend. At least the diversity is there. GTD still has 8 difference manufacturers in the field.

I hope the race goes full course yellow free. No reason not too. 18 car grid plus Lime Rock is all grass.

So far its advantage Ford on the practice times. Lexus fastest again in GTD and only half a second off the slowest GTLM which is a Corvette.

Love the all GT races. From the media standpoint, I know John Dagys and Marshall Pruett have praised the all GT format in the past.
It is a very compact weekend - only a 2 day event. 3 practices today, then Qualy and Race tomorrow. I like that they switch up the format for this race.
Old 21 Jul 2018, 04:24 (Ref:3837773)   #1988
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It is a very compact weekend - only a 2 day event. 3 practices today, then Qualy and Race tomorrow. I like that they switch up the format for this race.
Every weekend should be 2 days. Even Daytona.....

-mike
Old 21 Jul 2018, 10:13 (Ref:3837808)   #1989
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

bewildered by the fact that one engine per car a race isn't enough
for scott sharp. A gt3 motor should easily have a >5000km lifespan before
a rebuilding process. In a gt3 car of course.

I know that dp engines are more stressed than a gt3 usage because of more power
to deliver, but a single kind of that gt3 derived engine should last
3-4 2h40 race week-end at ease
Old 21 Jul 2018, 16:08 (Ref:3837841)   #1990
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Corvette takes pole at like rock.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/g...-track-record/
Old 21 Jul 2018, 16:54 (Ref:3837844)   #1991
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Every weekend should be 2 days. Even Daytona.....

-mike
I like when support races run in the morning before the race. That condenses the weekend and gives more to watch on race day.
Old 21 Jul 2018, 18:11 (Ref:3837849)   #1992
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
bewildered by the fact that one engine per car a race isn't enough
for scott sharp. A gt3 motor should easily have a >5000km lifespan before
a rebuilding process. In a gt3 car of course.

I know that dp engines are more stressed than a gt3 usage because of more power
to deliver, but a single kind of that gt3 derived engine should last
3-4 2h40 race week-end at ease

It generally has been. They rarely had this kind of trouble before the lightened parts came into play.
Old 21 Jul 2018, 18:12 (Ref:3837850)   #1993
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Less than 1 hour away and no race thread.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 11:44 (Ref:3837962)   #1994
Maggo
Racer

Germany
Maggo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Less than 1 hour away and no race thread.
Race was awesome.
Unfortunately only 18 cars
But good racing and a lot fights on track.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 17:44 (Ref:3838068)   #1995
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggo View Post
Race was awesome.
Unfortunately only 18 cars
But good racing and a lot fights on track.
I haven't checked it out on Roku or YouTube yet ... but from in-car cams it was a good race.

I wonder if IMSA is just plain losing the fanbase ... if the series can no longer inspire and excite people with their product?
Old 22 Jul 2018, 17:46 (Ref:3838070)   #1996
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it's just a case of not as many want to watch GT cars only.

Was funny, Ford shouting about how this is an overall win. Yeah...I suppose it is. Kinda.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 18:33 (Ref:3838086)   #1997
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I haven't checked it out on Roku or YouTube yet ... but from in-car cams it was a good race.

I wonder if IMSA is just plain losing the fanbase ... if the series can no longer inspire and excite people with their product?
For most of the US based fans, it's mid-summer and hard to get even 5 people together. It's a hard time for all sports and feels like it's just a tough event to sell and all of the US sportscar area has been quiet for a while now. Even the WC event had mainly race report posting
Old 22 Jul 2018, 18:34 (Ref:3838087)   #1998
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I think it's just a case of not as many want to watch GT cars only.

Was funny, Ford shouting about how this is an overall win. Yeah...I suppose it is. Kinda.
Was it not? They were the first car across the line so they won overall I guess you can look back at other GT only IMSA races to see if the winners bragged the same. Kinda 'cheap talk' by Ford but it's still true.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 18:36 (Ref:3838088)   #1999
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
It is true, but it's not like Porsche at Petit. I think it was actually one of the drivers, rather than Ford to be completely fair. It just made me chuckle.

"We won overall! Because the fastest class isn't allowed in this race!"
Old 23 Jul 2018, 00:39 (Ref:3838172)   #2000
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
It is true, but it's not like Porsche at Petit. I think it was actually one of the drivers, rather than Ford to be completely fair. It just made me chuckle.

"We won overall! Because the fastest class isn't allowed in this race!"
Sportscar Racing: where the the historic ledger of results for each race, each season, is loaded with asterisks, footnotes and whatever to clarify that a win in a particular race was not as impactful as a win in another race, and of course this era of prototypes is not the same as that of other eras, and the same with GTs, and yada yada.

Oh well, it is all fun