Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 31 Aug 2023, 14:27 (Ref:4174691)   #1
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BMW Hypercar thread

Yes, it's finally time that this car has its own thread, even though they've been racing across the pond. The WRT team has been testing at Spa with their "naked" chassis, and DSC has the pics of it. Now, if someone can post them, that would be good.
Old 31 Aug 2023, 15:28 (Ref:4174696)   #2
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
https://www.autohebdo.fr/actualites/...corchamps.html
Because many posting or viewing on here do appreciate rear lights:https://www.autohebdo.fr/actualites/...hybrid-v8.html Should you not appreciate the language, just turn the sound of…
Old 31 Aug 2023, 15:59 (Ref:4174701)   #3
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Many many good drivers interested in driving (signed or not?) https://www.motorsportweek.com/2023/...car-programme/ Robin Frinjs seems already signed.
Old 1 Sep 2023, 12:09 (Ref:4174764)   #4
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
WRT testing at Spa

https://youtu.be/N3_gAjtLokQ?si=WDz-VHjyhCNkwnSA
Old 1 Sep 2023, 14:01 (Ref:4174773)   #5
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Not sure why it sounds so good there! I've been hearing it in IMSA all year and hadn't noticed much.

Also can't remember a bare car testing at the beginning, I thought they always had it is some type of livery.
Old 2 Sep 2023, 15:44 (Ref:4174888)   #6
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like a full team effort doing the testing, with Nick and Marco being the experienced drivers for the LMDh while Agusto and others were testing the next gen GT. Good to see the RLL guys working well with WRT to bring them up to game on the hybrid.
Old 8 Sep 2023, 06:42 (Ref:4175638)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
There is some footage on youtube of it testing at Monza recently too. Either bozzy92 or italiansupercarvideo channels.
Old 18 Oct 2023, 23:59 (Ref:4181976)   #8
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any idea what WRT BMW car numbers or livery will be for WEC 2024 yet? Will they match what R.L.L has or perhaps will they go with what they had in LMP2
Old 19 Oct 2023, 14:07 (Ref:4182021)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3_Fan View Post
Any idea what WRT BMW car numbers or livery will be for WEC 2024 yet? Will they match what R.L.L has or perhaps will they go with what they had in LMP2
BMW colors like RLL makes most sense.
Old 19 Oct 2023, 15:12 (Ref:4182035)   #10
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
Or at least something to when they and Schnitzer had with the GTLM cars back in the early 2000's.
Old 19 Oct 2023, 23:18 (Ref:4182081)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I think they’ll be no. 9 and no. 37. For obvious reasons.
Old 21 Oct 2023, 08:13 (Ref:4182258)   #12
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In Le Mans one of the cars will have an Art Car livery.
For the rest of the WEC season I think it will be the BMW Motorsport colors, as WRT is operating as the factory team. In LMP2 WRT is running under their own banner.
Old 23 Oct 2023, 15:42 (Ref:4182648)   #13
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
EI had a little section on the Goodyear tire test today and apparently WRT were lined up to go along with a bunch of GT3s

https://www.endurance-info.com/auto/...du-lundi-matin
Old 17 Nov 2023, 13:37 (Ref:4186243)   #14
v8supes
Racer

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marciello is supposedly joining BMW.
Old 17 Nov 2023, 14:06 (Ref:4186251)   #15
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An absolute top signing for them who can be unleashed on any series, in Hypercar or GT3, and you know he's going to be rapid.
Old 18 Nov 2023, 02:03 (Ref:4186314)   #16
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Is this confirmed now? Last I heard there was apparently some sort of bidding war between BMW and Lamborghini over him
Old 18 Nov 2023, 07:24 (Ref:4186332)   #17
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Wow, very exciting if confirmed!
Old 19 Nov 2023, 07:18 (Ref:4186449)   #18
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Good time to be BMW - almost all of Audi's top drivers join, with a top-tier team in WRT, then GT3's best driver is likely to join the party.
Old 20 Nov 2023, 15:37 (Ref:4186624)   #19
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
What are people's thoughts on this BMW hypercar/lmdh in terms of pace and expectations? I don't have high hopes for this car, but I hope they prove me wrong. But, of the newcomers in hypercar next year, I think the BMW will be towards the rear of the class.
Old 20 Nov 2023, 15:47 (Ref:4186629)   #20
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
What are people's thoughts on this BMW hypercar/lmdh in terms of pace and expectations? I don't have high hopes for this car, but I hope they prove me wrong. But, of the newcomers in hypercar next year, I think the BMW will be towards the rear of the class.
I imagine they'll be ahead of Alpine and Peugeot. Peugeot don't know how their car works, and Alpine have put in the bare minimum to have a hypercar.

There have been suggestions that RLL are not getting the best from the car. We'll find out soon enough.
Old 20 Nov 2023, 15:55 (Ref:4186633)   #21
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I imagine they'll be ahead of Alpine and Peugeot. Peugeot don't know how their car works, and Alpine have put in the bare minimum to have a hypercar.

There have been suggestions that RLL are not getting the best from the car. We'll find out soon enough.
I think the Alpine will be the best of the newcomers. They're testing a good deal and that Oreca chassis is arguably the best (going by Acura). I know the BMW has had a lot of runs too. I am basing my opinion on the IMSA showings so their WEC performance may be a bit better. But mostly I feel like the bop in the WEC won't be as forgiving.
Old 20 Nov 2023, 16:09 (Ref:4186638)   #22
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

RLL didn't get any testing done before Daytona and were on the backfoot at the beginning of the season. However they did seem to improve with more running. Having WRT out testing is going to improve the package for both series I would assume.

Next season will be all new tracks for them in WEC with this car while Porsche and Caddy will have a season of data, so I'd expect them to be at the tail end of that pack.
Old 20 Nov 2023, 16:46 (Ref:4186645)   #23
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
RLL didn't get any testing done before Daytona and were on the backfoot at the beginning of the season. However they did seem to improve with more running. Having WRT out testing is going to improve the package for both series I would assume.

Next season will be all new tracks for them in WEC with this car while Porsche and Caddy will have a season of data, so I'd expect them to be at the tail end of that pack.

I wouldn't underestimate WRT's ability to correlate data and develop this car quickly. I don't think they'll be back of the pack.
Old 21 Nov 2023, 10:09 (Ref:4186741)   #24
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would not be surprised if WRT turns out to be the better BMW team throughout the season.
Something about RLL in the last few years, since they had the m8 made me thing they have dropped the ball. They always seem to be at the front through luck or having best BOP (Daytona 2020), and when they are competitive they find a way to miss out.
Old 21 Nov 2023, 19:34 (Ref:4186794)   #25
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I'd be surprised if WRT weren't ahead of RLL in short order, and that's not a dig at RLL. WRT are probably the best "super team" around.