Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Sep 2008, 10:56 (Ref:2301019)   #51
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Dear Henrik great to meet you but why were you braking at Blancimont.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 10:59 (Ref:2301020)   #52
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was told by the marshals on post 6 (Les Combes) that something broke on the Elan, causing him to spin. Anyway, a very, very lucky man indeed.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 11:08 (Ref:2301027)   #53
ced99
Rookie

ced99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here comes my pics of the 92 MG

Old 30 Sep 2008, 11:19 (Ref:2301033)   #54
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark,that really was a very cruel blow for such a valiant attempt,I thought that you and the team where a pleasure to share the garage with,Bill being so relaxed about everything and the constant smiles on Michelles face[even after a full day in the confinesof the garage]certainly help was away the hassle of building a new exhaust before the race[thanks to Iain for the use of the equipment and his welding skills!] Was going to be my last 6hr this year but after a beer and chat with Alain and Vincent Sunday afternoon,it looks like No9 will be out there with you,complete with a cam with lumps on it!
Old 30 Sep 2008, 11:26 (Ref:2301037)   #55
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Mark Griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks very much indeed for those photos, Ced. They're brilliant.

Terry it was a pleasure sharing with you guys, and we managed to get through the weekend without being t-boned by our garage-mates (unlike last year *ahem* )
Old 30 Sep 2008, 11:47 (Ref:2301057)   #56
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Terrance Building your exhaust was easy compaired to welding up spring hanger on A35. They were a good bunch but i wanted to get down to box 25 and enjoy some banter with you and Peter.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 11:52 (Ref:2301060)   #57
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn´t, it was at Stavelot. First corner.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 11:53 (Ref:2301061)   #58
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Any photos of Galaxie. Jims got some great shots but none of me. Anyone help please. Thanks.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 11:54 (Ref:2301062)   #59
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

A nice shot from Eau Rouge - you can just about see the 10/10ths sticker

Jerry after his afternoon snooze and doughtnuts showing Terry the way around.[Quote/ Richard]

What a shame you dont have the outbraking into Pouhon
Old 30 Sep 2008, 12:42 (Ref:2301092)   #60
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Sorry to have missed you Terry, I did see you just as you were about to get into your MG so I thought it prudent not to say hello at that time.
Peter, if you went out first in Barry's race it was me you were racing, or rather driving away from just before my pit stop. It wasn't an overly good day for me as I didn't really enjoy what bit of a race I got due to the oil slicks on the track plus I am now going out to try and straighten the side of my car out in time for Sunday.

Here's a picture of the Bower/Mallett car and their first change over.
Attached Thumbnails
mallett.jpg   bower-mallett.jpg  
Old 30 Sep 2008, 13:12 (Ref:2301114)   #61
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Sorry to have missed you as well Tim,we kept expecting to buy you and unc a beer in the hotel,good shots by the way,being that close you should have said hello.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 13:55 (Ref:2301142)   #62
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonderful pictures, ced99. Have you got any of the Galaxie (17) in the Top Hat race, Delta number 16 in HSCC, and Lotus 17 (17 in GT & Sports, and 117 in BRDC)?
Old 30 Sep 2008, 14:02 (Ref:2301146)   #63
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
being that close you should have said hello.
Nooooo, knowing what I am like just before a race, I don't like to intrude on other people in the same position.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 15:45 (Ref:2301201)   #64
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The GT 40 Spyder was using wire wheels,an unusual decision.Understand car bent needing full rebuild and driver has broken arm.

Lap No 2 was highlight!
Old 30 Sep 2008, 16:04 (Ref:2301218)   #65
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Has anyone bothered to say its the greatest British Club Racing event of the year and by far the best annual open Historic Race Meeting
Old 30 Sep 2008, 16:07 (Ref:2301219)   #66
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
it did make me smile how often the National Anthem was coming over the tannoy!
Old 30 Sep 2008, 16:50 (Ref:2301244)   #67
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As was said to me in one of the shops'This weekend is an English weekend,everyone must speak English',definitely the best club race of the year.
Yes Terence,Tim is a miserable bugger and I would have loved to have had a beer with you,maybe next time!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 30 Sep 2008, 16:56 (Ref:2301248)   #68
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Consider it a definate Eric,even if old miserey guts dosnt want to come.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 17:15 (Ref:2301260)   #69
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Pedersen
Didn´t, it was at Stavelot. First corner.
Correct, I was about to think you were planning to come and say hello on my post. But you managed to keep it going so that was a good thing.

I had a fair amount of visitors over the two days that I was there, the scariest was the Corvette who lost a wheel and half of the axle on the approach to the corner.
The wheel won the race into the gravel, and out again.

On Sunday morning during the first race, there was a wee bit of mayhem thanks to an Elan blowing his engine and spinning into the gravel. And many cars followed suit while we were trying to get that thing out.
It got a bit hairy once and a while, but everything went okay in the end.

Nothing that a year and a half of rehab won't cure.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 17:30 (Ref:2301278)   #70
jerryk
Racer

United Kingdom
jerryk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce
Yes Terence,Tim is a miserable bugger
you are so harsh Eric its friends and relatives like us that keeps him that happy.
And bloody Mallet, you gave me your man flu you rotten devil.
great weekend, Saturday was incredible , doing the daylight into darkness stint was really interesting. biggest problem was i kept spilling my cup of coffee and the doughnuts kept rolling round the floor knocking off all the sugar, very distressing. I do feel really sorry for the people who suffered failures in the last few laps , alternator and water temp led at the same time.
Barry's race on sunday was just lovely , cracking race. anybody got any photos of the green Jaguar replica d type no 58
As the top man at Spa( i think its Vincent) says "its so special because of all you people who come here"
long may it stay that way.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 17:50 (Ref:2301290)   #71
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Again ,no spectators.Why? Its 15 Euro for three days and free for under 12's
Old 30 Sep 2008, 18:13 (Ref:2301307)   #72
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Obviously there is virtually no advertising the event over here,or is it that those hardy soles preffer LeMans,but then again would we really want that amount of people there?
Did you have to pay to get in John?
Old 30 Sep 2008, 18:15 (Ref:2301310)   #73
Juha
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
Juha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's almost no advertising over here.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 18:29 (Ref:2301329)   #74
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddy:
I´m glad I didn´t, but I would like to have meet you later, after you duties were over.

But there is still an awfull lot of gravel in my car from that excursion.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 18:32 (Ref:2301335)   #75
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Yes with three entry fees.Are you considering offering to pay for us next year?

The rates were on the advertising at most of the local shops

Reckon next year we pay spectator entry fee 15 Euros and watch you lot blow the big bucks!

Most unusual incident.The falling camera that led to the bent GT40