Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Feb 2009, 15:37 (Ref:2401410)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
East London Circuit

As promised, here are some pictures from East London Circuit.

The pits buildings, which don't appear to have changed since the sixties

Heading down the main straight towards the right handed Potters Pass, which should be Harry Flatters after a few laps! The service road can be seen heading off to the left.

Rifle - the right hand flat out kink. The circuit heads downhill to sea level,

The right hand hairpin, Cocabana - second gear in most cars. A nice open hairpin with a bit of runoff. A good exit is important here...

On the exit of Cocabana, on the right, is this "Investment Opportunity" which would make an ideal location for a Demon Tweeks outpost. Jason - it might be worth showing John?

Now we're on Beach Straight, just past Gate, getting ready to turn in to the Esses, with Cox after. This was the only technical part of the circuit, really - similar to the Esses at Snetterton.

Cox , taken in second, is followed by Sweep. After a short shift to third, it should be easily flat on the right line.

The last corner, Beacon, is the tightest one on the lap, but very important as it leads on to the Main Straight.

Here's the exit of Beacon - much the same sort of view that Jim Clark would have had in '65.

2:34 in a 3 cylinder Opel Corsa hire car (dodging oncoming traffic and marshals cutting grass and painting the kerbing.
Attached Thumbnails
East London.gif  
Old 21 Feb 2009, 16:21 (Ref:2401420)   #2
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am posting some in car camera shots of the race at East London. The race did not take place in thick fog as it might appear. Next time I promise I will wipe the camera lense before the race!
Marcus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL41Iz3NOUU

Had to divide it into 4 parts
As you can tell I cannot pretend to have taken Harry Potter flat (I did try it in qualifying but it was slower that way!).

Last edited by Marcus Mussa; 21 Feb 2009 at 16:23.
Old 21 Feb 2009, 19:32 (Ref:2401488)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Recon you would be flat in the Modus Marcus.
Old 21 Feb 2009, 21:00 (Ref:2401512)   #4
PTRACER
Racer

England
Romford, Essex, U.K.
PTRACER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa
I am posting some in car camera shots of the race at East London. The race did not take place in thick fog as it might appear. Next time I promise I will wipe the camera lense before the race!
Marcus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL41Iz3NOUU

Had to divide it into 4 parts
As you can tell I cannot pretend to have taken Harry Potter flat (I did try it in qualifying but it was slower that way!).
That looks absolutely thrilling!

Good to see there are still some circuits in the world that are still surrounded by grass and earth banks, rather than tarmac run-offs and tyre barriers.
Old 21 Feb 2009, 22:53 (Ref:2401560)   #5
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You looked silky-smooth there, Marcus! It's high time you got yourself an FF2000 car...
Old 22 Feb 2009, 08:54 (Ref:2401719)   #6
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan
You looked silky-smooth there, Marcus! It's high time you got yourself an FF2000 car...
Get real Alan! Marcus is an international racing driver of great repute in the Gallic world and who has been on the podium at Monaco. What on earth would he be doing driving an FF2000?
Old 22 Feb 2009, 17:49 (Ref:2401937)   #7
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Earth Banks,Who is it good for,the restorers,builders,boggers?