Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jan 2011, 11:35 (Ref:2813195)   #76
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Lol,

It's not uncommon out here. In the UK and other places you build a tower with concrete floors. Then you put a separate screed on top of the floor, then you stick the flooring to that. It allows for movement and expansion/contraction.

Out here they build a monolithic floor with a 50mm topping of plain concrete and just stick the flooring directly on top. Hence when the building moves (as buildings do) the floors "pop". It also means that rather than just replace the tiles, they have to dig up the floor and relay the top 50mm of concrete.

All very inconvenient.
Tell them to put the 50mm concrete on top of a sheet of polystyrene say... 20mm even 10mm. that would allow the building to move a bit without the floor being destroyed.
There are bound to be engineers who know exactly what to do?
Old 9 Jan 2011, 11:44 (Ref:2813201)   #77
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Lol,

It's not uncommon out here. In the UK and other places you build a tower with concrete floors. Then you put a separate screed on top of the floor, then you stick the flooring to that. It allows for movement and expansion/contraction.

Out here they build a monolithic floor with a 50mm topping of plain concrete and just stick the flooring directly on top. Hence when the building moves (as buildings do) the floors "pop". It also means that rather than just replace the tiles, they have to dig up the floor and relay the top 50mm of concrete.

All very inconvenient.
Spoke to MAB and he said, "no room for a raised floor?"
[whatever that means! de Graves]
Old 9 Jan 2011, 11:50 (Ref:2813207)   #78
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Lol,

All very inconvenient.
Sounds complicated this ere DIY, bad enough removing camshafts from a BRM V8 wi out the rollers escaping out o' bearings n' disappearing all over the worshop floor, not as bad as having to dig up workshop floor as well. All very Inconvenient? Boy is that man cool, definitely a case of empty 5 gallon cans and a 14lb sledge hammer instant relief session.

I bet its got a magnet too.Usefull for picking up rollers Joe

Last edited by p261brm; 9 Jan 2011 at 11:58.
Old 9 Jan 2011, 11:53 (Ref:2813209)   #79
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
redlight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Attachment 30728 This might cheer you all up. At long last i have dug out a picture of my Modsports GT6 going up into Druids from my first race with her at Brands in 1977.I can still sence the excitment even now. I had turned 24 and been thrown out of the school at Brands when we used to race the Mexico,s. They all said i was no good!!. I knew better and after two years of building the car here we were.Next picture is what happened as i exited the corner. You will have to wait as Mrs D wants to watch Hustle on Tele. For some reason she has got the hump. All isaid was the bird in the programme is realy hot. Im meen Hot Hot Hot.See Ya
Iain, I was at the MRS school from 1977-81 and went on to become class 2Q and won races in the Mexico's. Does that mean I am better than you! I don't think so somehow - you are a star!
Old 9 Jan 2011, 12:31 (Ref:2813216)   #80
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
HOuses should be made of bricks and wood and stuff
Don't think I'd want to live on the 25th floor of a brick and wood building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
Tell them to put the 50mm concrete on top of a sheet of polystyrene say... 20mm even 10mm. that would allow the building to move a bit without the floor being destroyed.
There are bound to be engineers who know exactly what to do?
no need for that, all it needs is a sheet of visqueen. But that costs money so they do what they've done for years and keep paying people to repair the floors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Spoke to MAB and he said, "no room for a raised floor?"
[whatever that means! de Graves]
No need for a raised floor simply because there's no need for heat insulation.
Old 9 Jan 2011, 12:34 (Ref:2813217)   #81
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Back home had a very steady run ,over 60mins but very enjoyable. Brian ans Barbara Lambert came out to give me a load of abuse as i ran past their house. Bacon sarnies cup of Mrs Delta tea then the big match. BTW both Delta Son Stewart and racing mate beat me.
Old 9 Jan 2011, 12:51 (Ref:2813230)   #82
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Back home had a very steady run ,over 60mins but very enjoyable. Brian ans Barbara Lambert came out to give me a load of abuse as i ran past their house. Bacon sarnies cup of Mrs Delta tea then the big match. BTW both Delta Son Stewart and racing mate beat me.
Well done anyway! Go too fast and you miss the view......

Were there loads of jogging tops and jogging bottoms to follow?
Old 9 Jan 2011, 13:59 (Ref:2813251)   #83
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yea Mike i tracked a very nice blond around the coarse.I have been doing this 10k for over 20 years now .The run was always on New Years Day and back then there were around 200 runners. Recon there was over 1000 today.
Old 9 Jan 2011, 14:02 (Ref:2813252)   #84
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Don't think I'd want to live on the 25th floor of a brick and wood building.
fair point. is it serviced by little Indians on bamboo scaffolding still?
Old 9 Jan 2011, 14:39 (Ref:2813261)   #85
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=delta;2813251]Yea Mike i tracked a very nice blond around the coarse.I have been doing this 10k for over 20 years now .[QUOTE]

WHAT? So half a kilometer takes 2yrs ??
Old 9 Jan 2011, 14:43 (Ref:2813262)   #86
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course not! What he means is, he has been tracking Blondes for 20 years!
Old 9 Jan 2011, 15:32 (Ref:2813271)   #87
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Havent you two got anything better too do
Old 9 Jan 2011, 18:32 (Ref:2813334)   #88
SAMD
Veteran

Well I thought I had, but I missed a snow plough on ebay A bad time to buy I guess. Especially as it will take until the summer to get it sorted on the digger. I will try again in the summer methinks.
Old 9 Jan 2011, 18:40 (Ref:2813340)   #89
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the concrete floor mayhem over now? then I can start here again . Keep this thread about racecars, girls, love and wine. tks!
Old 9 Jan 2011, 18:49 (Ref:2813341)   #90
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper View Post
Is the concrete floor mayhem over now? then I can start here again . Keep this thread about racecars, girls, love and wine. tks!
Ooooooooooooooooo thers fighting talk. BTW can you get your Mono calender sorted please. Dutch Mono are the last dates i am waiting for
Old 9 Jan 2011, 19:34 (Ref:2813369)   #91
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Ooooooooooooooooo thers fighting talk. BTW can you get your Mono calender sorted please. Dutch Mono are the last dates i am waiting for
most dates are fixed now and we are just sorting out the last bits, stay tuned for the next weeks to have the dates clear! It looks a good year with great racetracks we will go, even a legendary one we never went before.
Old 9 Jan 2011, 20:06 (Ref:2813380)   #92
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper View Post
most dates are fixed now and we are just sorting out the last bits, stay tuned for the next weeks to have the dates clear! It looks a good year with great racetracks we will go, even a legendary one we never went before.
Come on Esper give me a clue,at least tell me the country origin
Old 9 Jan 2011, 20:40 (Ref:2813396)   #93
jamesl
Racer

jamesl has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Dutch Monoposto dates are now on the web site:

13 February
HMR Wintermeeting

11 March
Testday Zandvoort (HARC)

23 March
Testday Nürburgring (FHR)

22 – 25 April
“Paasraces” Zandvoort (2 races)

03 June
Testday Zandvoort (HARC)

17 – 19 June
“Stuttgarter Rössle” Hockenheim (2 races)

22 - 24 July
“Spa Race Festival” Spa-Francorchamps (2 races)

19 – 21 August
“RSG Days” Assen (2 races)

02 - 04 September OR
09 – 11 September
“Trophy of the Dunes” Zandvoort (2 races)

30 Sept – 02 October
“Trophées de Historiques dfe Bourgogne” Dijon (2 races)
Old 9 Jan 2011, 20:45 (Ref:2813400)   #94
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Looks like best thing to do is leave the cars out in Holland.Thanks James.
Old 9 Jan 2011, 21:08 (Ref:2813411)   #95
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I've just looked at the UK weather and we both think its not the time we should be coming back !
This was on Carboneros beach yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0963.JPG   IMG_0968.JPG  
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Jan 2011, 21:39 (Ref:2813426)   #96
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Looks like best thing to do is leave the cars out in Holland.Thanks James.
is all possible and can be arranged if I can leave a car in England sometimes
Old 10 Jan 2011, 05:40 (Ref:2813534)   #97
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I've just looked at the UK weather and we both think its not the time we should be coming back !
This was on Carboneros beach yesterday.
Grrrr. Told you, just switch the phone off!

Is Mrs S expecting floods?
Old 10 Jan 2011, 08:31 (Ref:2813560)   #98
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reminds me of a joke (which does NOT apply to the fine Mrs S)

"My mother in law is so ugly, even the tide won't take her out"
Old 10 Jan 2011, 09:03 (Ref:2813570)   #99
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne View Post
Reminds me of a joke (which does NOT apply to the fine Mrs S)

"My mother in law is so ugly, even the tide won't take her out"
Mrs S once asked me "how many other women have you slept with"
I replied "only you dearest the others were wide awake"
I woke up in casualty !!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 Jan 2011, 09:15 (Ref:2813576)   #100
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Incidentally, I note that I got nowhere near my 10,000th post before the New Year so Iain would have lost thhat bet!
Closed Thread