Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Dec 2020, 13:38 (Ref:4024768)   #76
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the summer, GetSpeed had interest on a program in the DTM, but now they have decited to do the ADAC GT Masters. The best decission.
http://gt-place.com/2020/12/23/getsp...-plaenen-2021/
Old 23 Dec 2020, 14:35 (Ref:4024783)   #77
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rosberg with two cars.
http://gt-place.com/2020/12/23/team-...-der-dtm-2021/
Old 23 Dec 2020, 16:29 (Ref:4024806)   #78
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure if choosing ADAC GT over DTM is the best decision...
Good to see Rosberg locked in, I wonder will they be with Audi or other manufacturer?
Old 23 Dec 2020, 18:09 (Ref:4024822)   #79
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Why not? It all depends on business structure and goals of the team.
Old 23 Dec 2020, 18:35 (Ref:4024827)   #80
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I imagine DTM is going to be the more professional based German GT3 series going forward, more pro focused.

ADAC GT will remain as relevant to sports car fans I’m sure, but is certainly more silver and pro/am focused. By no means a bad thing, it’ll depend on what teams can budget for.
Old 23 Dec 2020, 18:37 (Ref:4024828)   #81
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
8 cars confirmed for DTM now with Phoenix expected.... with them we will be 50% the way to a good grid!
Old 23 Dec 2020, 18:43 (Ref:4024831)   #82
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why not? It all depends on business structure and goals of the team
Yes of course but it doesn't mean going to ADAC GT is a better idea.

Yes, I agree, DTM should be more professional championship and it's not an insult towards ADAC GT, there are just two different philosophies. The biggest question is who'll be racing in DTM. If we have likes of Rast, Muller, Wittmann and the factory GT drivers like Marciello or Engel it'll clearly be a sign that the DTM is the 'GT-Pro'. It'll also be something different to see these drivers fighting for individual trophies rather than in pairings. Personally I like the single driver format more than driver changes in such a short race distance.

Hopefully Phoenix will be confirmed soon, I really wonder what happens with BMW teams and drivers. M4 GT3 doesn't seem likely for 2021 and is there anyone willing to field an old M6? Maybe ROWE but they might as well switch manufacturers.
Old 23 Dec 2020, 19:41 (Ref:4024844)   #83
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Yes of course but it doesn't mean going to ADAC GT is a better idea.

Yes, I agree, DTM should be more professional championship and it's not an insult towards ADAC GT, there are just two different philosophies. The biggest question is who'll be racing in DTM. If we have likes of Rast, Muller, Wittmann and the factory GT drivers like Marciello or Engel it'll clearly be a sign that the DTM is the 'GT-Pro'. It'll also be something different to see these drivers fighting for individual trophies rather than in pairings. Personally I like the single driver format more than driver changes in such a short race distance.

Hopefully Phoenix will be confirmed soon, I really wonder what happens with BMW teams and drivers. M4 GT3 doesn't seem likely for 2021 and is there anyone willing to field an old M6? Maybe ROWE but they might as well switch manufacturers.

Rowe are stuck between a rock and a hard place owning Porsche’s and BMW’s

The M6 is super old now so unlikely any use in DTM sprint racing in 2021, and I’m pretty sure Porsche already declined to have any involvement in supporting the DTM
Old 23 Dec 2020, 20:33 (Ref:4024858)   #84
krzysiek_aleks
Rookie

krzysiek_aleks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

It really depends on what do you want to do and how your relationship with OEM looks like.

For a team like GetSpeed, that rely's more on drivers money rather than manufacturers support, ADAC is better option.

DTM is still (propably) more attractive in general for OEMs, so it's more likely, that they will push their drivers to DTM in 2021 rarther than to ADAC.
Old 23 Dec 2020, 23:15 (Ref:4024896)   #85
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Rowe are stuck between a rock and a hard place owning Porsche’s and BMW’s

The M6 is super old now so unlikely any use in DTM sprint racing in 2021, and I’m pretty sure Porsche already declined to have any involvement in supporting the DTM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Porsche didn't want to commit to DTM if it pushed for GT3+, with bigger power and other upgrades.
Old 23 Dec 2020, 23:18 (Ref:4024897)   #86
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysiek_aleks View Post
It really depends on what do you want to do and how your relationship with OEM looks like.

For a team like GetSpeed, that rely's more on drivers money rather than manufacturers support, ADAC is better option.

DTM is still (propably) more attractive in general for OEMs, so it's more likely, that they will push their drivers to DTM in 2021 rarther than to ADAC.
You're right, I believe we'll see quite a few top-level factory drivers in DTM.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 10:28 (Ref:4024993)   #87
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Nice to have a team like Rosberg in the series next year, been a great part of the DTM in the past
Old 25 Dec 2020, 12:05 (Ref:4025192)   #88
Matt K
Veteran

Kelvin van der Linde is interested in participating in the DTM, allegedly having a shot at Abt. It may mean Rast, Muller and now van der Linde are the candidates for this seat. Hopefully van der Linde will be there together with his brother!
Old 25 Dec 2020, 23:44 (Ref:4025231)   #89
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Kelvin van der Linde is interested in participating in the DTM, allegedly having a shot at Abt. It may mean Rast, Muller and now van der Linde are the candidates for this seat. Hopefully van der Linde will be there together with his brother!

I imagine all 3 would be accommodated if Audi does indeed end up with 6 cars, might be tighter with 4 cars.

KVDL is arguably much more experienced in the R8 than Rast and Muller though
Old 4 Jan 2021, 14:55 (Ref:4026720)   #90
Bcarr6
Veteran

Red Bull Racing are placing Liam Lawson (Full Season) and Alex Albon (Partial Season) in the DTM for 2021.

Car and Team TBC, whether its as a red bull racing team, or just the car sponsorship model they have pursued previously in the DTM.

Albon's car will run the full season, with a second driver to be announced in his seat when he is busy with his simulator/reserve driver role.
Old 4 Jan 2021, 15:00 (Ref:4026722)   #91
Bcarr6
Veteran

That announcement (unless these TBC Red Bull entries are in the team Rosberg cars..) takes us to 10 cars

DTM 2021 - 10 cars

2 Seas Motorsport - Mclaren 720s GT3 - TBC
2 Seas Motorsport - Mclaren 720s GT3 - TBC
Abt Sportline - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBC
Abt Sportline - Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBC
GruppeM Racing - Mercedes AMG GT3 - TBC
Jenson Team Rocket RJN - Mclaren 720s GT3
Team Rosberg - TBC Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBC
Team Rosberg - TBC Audi R8 LMS GT3 - TBC
TBC - TBC - Alex Albon (Partial Season) [Second Driver TBC]
TBC - TBC - Liam Lawson
Old 4 Jan 2021, 15:05 (Ref:4026723)   #92
Matt K
Veteran

That's awesome news. Normally I'm not that excited about F1 drivers hopping on to other series because if the championship is strong it already has its star drivers.
But I believe in the time of DTM's transition into a GT3 series that's a valuable addition to the grid indicating it's still a top-level championship.
I expect a Red Bull-backed team of two cars, interesting to see which cars they will run.
Old 4 Jan 2021, 15:14 (Ref:4026726)   #93
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a clear sign that RB junior program is over. If it would have been Class 1 or LMP, then it could be seen as a "year off". But if you drop a driver from F1 to GT3 it's a clear sign. The same goes to junior formulae transition to GT3. Next step - TCR for both.
Old 4 Jan 2021, 15:20 (Ref:4026728)   #94
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
It's a clear sign that RB junior program is over. If it would have been Class 1 or LMP, then it could be seen as a "year off". But if you drop a driver from F1 to GT3 it's a clear sign. The same goes to junior formulae transition to GT3. Next step - TCR for both.
Its probably more accurately a reaction to the global economic situation. Reduce the output of the junior programmes for a while while neither Toro Rosso or RB need drivers. Keep a couple guys race fit in a cheaper format, drop them in 2022 if they still arent needed.
Old 4 Jan 2021, 17:34 (Ref:4026762)   #95
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
RB junior program is basically a no sense these days... RB recently raised two good drivers, brought them to f1 just to get them killed by max verstappen and then demoted. Would be really strange if RB won't use 2 NSX for DTM
Old 4 Jan 2021, 17:35 (Ref:4026763)   #96
Matt K
Veteran

Who was the latest success in RB Junior Program? How many of all their juniors actually achieved something in F1? I wouldn't cry if the programme was over.
Old 4 Jan 2021, 17:49 (Ref:4026766)   #97
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Who was the latest success in RB Junior Program? How many of all their juniors actually achieved something in F1? I wouldn't cry if the programme was over.
With no doubts Vettel, Verstappen and Ricciardo have been the best drivers coming from RB junior program, but to get these winning 3 drivers, many others if not hundreds had their career burned or somehow compromised
Old 4 Jan 2021, 18:12 (Ref:4026773)   #98
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
With no doubts Vettel, Verstappen and Ricciardo have been the best drivers coming from RB junior program, but to get these winning 3 drivers, many others if not hundreds had their career burned or somehow compromised
Actually many others developed careers far in excess of what they would otherwise have been able to do.

They were given every competitive advantage possible before reaching F1. They also knew full well that Red Bull were only looking for superstars, and that average/competent would see them replaced.

PS. Vettel was only ever a half RB Junior, shared with BMW (who he made his F1 debut with), and Verstappen was never a junior at all - having only joined the Red Bull stable with an F1 deal.
Old 4 Jan 2021, 18:37 (Ref:4026780)   #99
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's a clear sign that RB junior program is over.
Not at all, Tsunoda also was a Red Bull junior
Old 4 Jan 2021, 18:39 (Ref:4026781)   #100
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Those careers wich they maybe would not even have without beeing supported by Red Bull for many years