Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Aug 2009, 18:01 (Ref:2521957)   #26
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
what are the chances Pescarolo will ever come?
I'm thinking never. I'd love to see one in the flesh though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Potentially Highcroft Racing. They will remain in ALMS next year, the ultimate goal being a win in the 24h. Will a Peugeot or Audi ruin their chances at Le Mans? Maybe this year, as I don't think the Acura could podium if facing four of those cars. However if two Peugeots came over along with Oreca, Aston etc. I don't think Oreca and Aston have enough to beat the Acura, simply because the Acura is the better car for U.S. circuits. In that case, Highcroft would get their auto-invite and it would be a matter of finding a car to take to Le Mans next year, regardless of Acura's plans.

Chris
I really don't think the Acura would have a chance against AMR at Rd. Atl. Acura hasn't been able to develop the engine and they're going to suck wind down the backstretch.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 18:47 (Ref:2521974)   #27
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well hopefully we will find out JHamilton. I think that the Acura ought to be pretty good there. Of course Intersport's Lolas in 2007 and 2008 were pretty good at Road A, presumably the Aston is quicker, and better prepared. I still have confidence in the Acura though.

Chris
Old 15 Aug 2009, 18:48 (Ref:2521975)   #28
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Second.

Chris
3rded. Just some Anti-American spouting off again.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 20:03 (Ref:2522019)   #29
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
I think the Blue JMB Ferrari will be back for the last 2 races again. Same with the Pecom-Advanced Engineering Ferrari too.
Hindy says he's heard of no European GT teams coming to the US.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 20:06 (Ref:2522020)   #30
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
Hindy says he's heard of no Euro-GT teams coming to the US.
Euro GT? Last time that series was around was 2007 if I remember correctly..
Old 15 Aug 2009, 21:07 (Ref:2522050)   #31
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I fear the anger of the full-time ALMS teams when European teams come over and take 1st or 2nd in class at Petit and as a result get an automatic Le Mans entry. ;-)
And when is the last time that happened?

DK
Old 17 Aug 2009, 13:55 (Ref:2523012)   #32
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
The engine mentioned (around here) was not an AM. If you look to Ursus, I believe you will find what you are seeking. But I do not believe it will be crossing the pond, yet.

L.P.
He prefers Ursa Minor. But thanks.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 14:09 (Ref:2523028)   #33
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
what are the chances Pescarolo will ever come?

i can recall one Euro team that came a few years ago and didn't make it thru turn 1. others who've come haven't faired much better.
They also won Laguna 2 weeks later.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 15:24 (Ref:2523058)   #34
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read in AUTOSPORT a few weeks ago that Vitaphone might be bringing a Maserati MC12 to Petit. Anyone have any update?
Old 17 Aug 2009, 15:47 (Ref:2523066)   #35
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
They would be the only GT1 car. That doesn't sound fun. Earlier in the year at Sebring, Scott Atherton said on air that they are protecting the GT1 class to keep teams from stealing points or that championship.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 00:34 (Ref:2523392)   #36
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With such a small P2 field I would be very surprised if at least one P2 team didn't show at Petit to try to get the auto invite to Le Mans.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 01:08 (Ref:2523399)   #37
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
I read in AUTOSPORT a few weeks ago that Vitaphone might be bringing a Maserati MC12 to Petit. Anyone have any update?
I'd like to see this, shame that Corvette Racing aren't in GT1 anymore, would be a good battle. Can see why Vitaphone might be doing this, LM invite for next year but if the invite is for the class they compete in then maybe they are looking at running in GT1 next year? With what car?
Old 18 Aug 2009, 01:30 (Ref:2523404)   #38
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I'd like to see this, shame that Corvette Racing aren't in GT1 anymore, would be a good battle. Can see why Vitaphone might be doing this, LM invite for next year but if the invite is for the class they compete in then maybe they are looking at running in GT1 next year? With what car?
We still don't know if there will be a GT1 class next year - and what will happen to the GT1 invites if there isn't.
I would expect Vitaphone to be staying in FIA GT GT1 though. No idea with what, but if there is GT1 at LM they'll be able to use the same car.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 01:53 (Ref:2523409)   #39
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
We still don't know if there will be a GT1 class next year - and what will happen to the GT1 invites if there isn't.
I would expect Vitaphone to be staying in FIA GT GT1 though. No idea with what, but if there is GT1 at LM they'll be able to use the same car.
I truly doubt there will be a GT-1 in ACO competition next year! The GT-1 teams that win auto-invites, if any are given this year, will more than likely be allowed to transfer that to another class. It would be a slap in the face of ACO GT-2 and especially ex GT-1 teams to have FIA cars installed above them at Le Mans! I know it would surely tick me off!

L.P.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 02:00 (Ref:2523410)   #40
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I truly doubt there will be a GT-1 in ACO competition next year! The GT-1 teams that win auto-invites, if any are given this year, will more than likely be allowed to transfer that to another class.

L.P.
If this indeed ends up like this for GT1 then maybe Vitaphone are counting on this and this rumoured PLM entry is their way of getting into Le Mans next year whether it be in a LMP or a GT2. Good thinking on their part if true.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 02:11 (Ref:2523412)   #41
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If this indeed ends up like this for GT1 then maybe Vitaphone are counting on this and this rumoured PLM entry is their way of getting into Le Mans next year whether it be in a LMP or a GT2. Good thinking on their part if true.
As a thought on that. I am not sure the ALMS would accept a single entry or even 2 at Petit. Atherton earlier in the year, basically, said as much. Not just going to give it away, per se!

L.P.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 02:37 (Ref:2523421)   #42
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
But Corvette Racing has already got the GT1 championship in the bag, it wouldn't hurt if the entrylist is not quite full. And Vitahpone are a gun team so they would be deserving of an entry even if they are the only ones running in GT1. If it was full I could see why they would prefer those who wanted to enter into the stronger classes.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 02:59 (Ref:2523432)   #43
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It was great to see the MC12 race the Vettes at PLM in '07, it snatched the pole but was badly outpaced in the race. I will never forget seeing it plow into the wall on the front straight... What an amazing sounding machine though. Sadly, I don't think a single GT1 entry would be accepted so we may never see an MC12 race in anger in North America again.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 02:59 (Ref:2523433)   #44
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
But Corvette Racing has already got the GT1 championship in the bag, it wouldn't hurt if the entrylist is not quite full. And Vitahpone are a gun team so they would be deserving of an entry even if they are the only ones running in GT1. If it was full I could see why they would prefer those who wanted to enter into the stronger classes.
Its not about Corvette already having GT-1 in the Bag. Corvette would more than likely/will get both cars invited to Le Mans. One is a sure bet, as the current Le Mans GT-1 winner the second I am sure will be given an invite simply for being Corvette, with their winning ways and support of both the ALMS and Le Mans, I am sure that nothing will be given out for the ALMS this year, as there was no full year GT-1 entry.

As to Vitaphone deserving a chance to come over in an illegal ACO car and run in a class all by themselves, well, we will just have to agree to disagree on that one. I am not taking anything away from them as to their abilities, but if they do not win it through the FIA GT, then oh well.

L.P.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 03:24 (Ref:2523438)   #45
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wasn't there a waiver given to Doran/Lista racing that allowed the MC12 to be ALMS legal? Presumably it would be universal to all MC12s, or at least be applicable to the Vitaphone team if they had to oblige in some way.

Chris
Old 18 Aug 2009, 03:45 (Ref:2523442)   #46
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Wasn't there a waiver given to Doran/Lista racing that allowed the MC12 to be ALMS legal? Presumably it would be universal to all MC12s, or at least be applicable to the Vitaphone team if they had to oblige in some way.

Chris
But it is an ALMS waiver, which is not acknowledged by the ACO, as to the rest, see my previous posts. They are not just going to award a spot to Le Mans, without a race! If it does not pass their smell test, it will not happen, period!

L.P.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 13:02 (Ref:2523695)   #47
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The point is the MC 12s aren't allowed by the ACO but also next year with the new rules in the FIA-GT (what I understand by now)... and Vitaphone at least ownes three of the MC12s - so what will (or can) they do to keep the the cars racing? But maybe they only intend trying to win what is to win with their cars in their last year... only one thought but another way to deal with the troubles and yet keep alive winning an invitation they can put the DBR9 on the grid again...

Old 18 Aug 2009, 14:25 (Ref:2523737)   #48
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Horndawg cannot be any more clear. There will not be a MC12 or a DBR9 at Petit this year. You can watch a recording of the 24 hours of Spa if you wish to see the MC12 again.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 19:14 (Ref:2524550)   #49
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Does FIA GT give them a spot also if they win the championship? Also, they had a spot last year and spoiled it. If they do get an entry this time, I hope they don't mess it up again.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 19:17 (Ref:2524551)   #50
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Does FIA GT give them a spot also if they win the championship? Also, they had a spot last year and spoiled it. If they do get an entry this time, I hope they don't mess it up again.
The only one to give invitations to Le Mans is the ACO, period!!!

L.P.