Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Mar 2004, 13:13 (Ref:893467)   #51
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M Webber from Thurs press conference:

Q: This year there is no launch control or automatic gear change. Are you happy with this?

MW: Yes, I think it is good and it gives more responsibility back to the drivers. I think the start this year in Melbourne will this year be quite interesting and everyone will have their own philosophies about how to get their cars away as quickly as possible. And we have ours. I hope it goes well and it is also down to me to do a good job and that is what it is about. Not like in seasons gone by where someone who might be a very average driver would be able to beat Michael off the line because he has a better season, which is not really the name of the game. Now I hope we have a system which gives a bit more feel to the driver and so a lot more finesse is required. It’s going to be a difficult part of the race to get the cars away with all the noise and all the rest of it. It is a tough part. I think the fans will win there. We will see some different starting events to those we have seen in the past. And the manual shifting thing is not really a big deal for the drivers. It takes you three laps after the winter, testing, and you get back and sometimes you go into the limiter and then, you know, you are pretty sharp after that. It is not a problem.

Can't wait