Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Mar 2004, 14:01 (Ref:891243)   #1
TedN
Racer

Canada
Georgetown, ON, Canada
TedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Internet Copyright Issues

Interesting read HERE

Any conjecture on the likelihood of success in this case?

Ted
Old 2 Mar 2004, 14:59 (Ref:891301)   #2
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
probably a decent rate of success.... I'm no lawyer (i leave that to my dad), but he deffiently seems to have a pretty strong case.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 15:03 (Ref:891302)   #3
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I want to know the point of view of Dany Flageole about that, mostly when the Pitpass article about "Copyright" linked by TedN is against Flagworld.

Last edited by Mekola; 2 Mar 2004 at 15:04.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 15:56 (Ref:891351)   #4
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmm. I reckon that only a committed optimist gets involved with the law unless they really have to.

Moan at those who have offended you and embarrass them , but keep clear of the lawyers at all costs.

Regards

Jim
Old 2 Mar 2004, 17:52 (Ref:891483)   #5
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JimW Moan at those who have offended you and embarrass them , but keep clear of the lawyers at all costs.
Time to start up the "Lawyer Jokes" thread, again?
Old 2 Mar 2004, 18:06 (Ref:891493)   #6
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When it comes to things like this I generally have no objection from people taking say images so long as firstly they ask me and secondly a link is provided to the site they came from. That is in the case of 'personal' websites at least e.g. just a bit of fun, not many hits etc... style sites. I would object if a major website ued my stuff with or without a link without asking first. I think pitpass is right in the way they approached the situation in asking first and trying the civilised way, we are all human and make errors of judgement or are kept in the dark/mislead by third parties. In the end it seems sad, whatever the rights and wrongs such a small thing that could of been resolved in literally minutes with a polite email, letter or phone call and retraction of the site and/or proper acknolodgement of the source with a payment even in gesture of good will.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 21:33 (Ref:891729)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Slightly off topic, but here is ten-tenths take: http://tentenths.com/forum/misc.php?...ge=1#behaviour
Always worth mentioning